¡Por la Patria, Viva México Fuerte! A Mexican TL Mk. II

Oh man, its good to see a Mk.II of this. I always had this on my fav's. Between this and jycee's one they were the best Mexico-Ameriscrews, so to speak.
Thanks bud!! :) Hehe oh yes, there will mot definitely be an Ameriscrew. Interestingly enough when I first began writing this TL I had intended for a slight Ameriwank to accompany the Mexiwank, and only embraced screwing the US later on. Doing this Mk. II allows me to straighten things out as it were.

Gian

Banned
Maybe @Arkhangelsk you can still have Santa Anna filibuster Utah and drive out a few Mormons (if it wasn't retained by Mexico in any negotiations with the U.S. that is)

I read a little bit of the original TL a while back. Looking forward to see how this rework turns out.

OTL was an enormous Mexico-screw, but for some reason AH.com seems to be obsessed with making things even worse for the country. We need more TLs like this to balance things

As the reader of your older timeline I can say I’m glad to see you both this and you back and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Mexico in this Tl

I´m really happy that I didn´t miss this one, as a mexican I love alternate history that is Mexico centric and your old TL was one of my favorites. Thank you so much and I hope you are doing better.

Also, one of my favorite parts of the last TL was how we had some successful native powers here and there, such as the Merina Kingdom in Madagascar and the Sikh Empire.

Good stuff! More Mexico timelines are always a good thing, OTL was a bit of a Mexiscrew at times.

I didn't read mark 1, but I'm looking forward to more installments nonetheless! I hope the derailment of America isn't too blatant, I like the idea of an allied and prosperous Mexico and America. But since the Americans seem unable or unwilling to assist in the revolution, much like our tl, I imagine they will be off on the wrong foot. An attempt of Manifest Destiny will surely further squander relations.

Gendarmerie

Banned
I would like to see some of Napoleon famous Marshalls and general who are out of favor in France offered a job leading and/or training Mexico armies after Napoleon falls from power

Maybe @Arkhangelsk you can still have Santa Anna filibuster Utah and drive out a few Mormons (if it wasn't retained by Mexico in any negotiations with the U.S. that is)
One of my favorite parts of the original TL.
Yeah the status of the far north and Utah I'm still mulling over. When the USA and Mexico eventually sit down to determine the exact limits of their borders there's a good chance Utah doesn't end up with the US. That's not to say I Santa Anna won't be doing some sort of fuckery there or elsewhere. Really anything to keep him as far away from Mexico City as possible.

I read a little bit of the original TL a while back. Looking forward to see how this rework turns out.

OTL was an enormous Mexico-screw, but for some reason AH.com seems to be obsessed with making things even worse for the country. We need more TLs like this to balance things
Thank you!! :)
Yeah I remember when I first started writing Mk. It felt like there was nothing but Mexicscrews...it was kinda depressing. I'm glad there's been some really good ones to grace the forums over the years...and even gladder to be part of such a cool club. :cool:

As the reader of your older timeline I can say I’m glad to see you both this and you back and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Mexico in this Tl
I´m really happy that I didn´t miss this one, as a mexican I love alternate history that is Mexico centric and your old TL was one of my favorites. Thank you so much and I hope you are doing better.
Yay thank so much everyone!! I was on hiatus so long part of me was afraid my TL was ancient history. It truly lifts my spirits hearing from all my old readers. S/o to all of you, as well as to the newbies who haven't read Mk. I but still are jumping on the bandwagon. Y'all are the best ❤
Oh and thanks Gadrian I have been doing better. Quarantine has been a hell of a roller coaster as y'all are all to aware of I'm sure, but if there's a silver lining to any of this it's been the time I've been able to finally dedicate to my artistic passions like writing this and focusing on my art.

Also, one of my favorite parts of the last TL was how we had some successful native powers here and there, such as the Merina Kingdom in Madagascar and the Sikh Empire.
That I'll definitely be keeping in Mk. II, they were some of my favorite additions. I still have plans for them both and for the most part I haven't altered too much outside the western hemisphere that might otherwise threaten them.

Good stuff! More Mexico timelines are always a good thing, OTL was a bit of a Mexiscrew at times.

I didn't read mark 1, but I'm looking forward to more installments nonetheless! I hope the derailment of America isn't too blatant, I like the idea of an allied and prosperous Mexico and America. But since the Americans seem unable or unwilling to assist in the revolution, much like our tl, I imagine they will be off on the wrong foot. An attempt of Manifest Destiny will surely further squander relations.
I generally don't take pleasure in screwing a place (even if it's America XD) but it does seem like North America isn't near big enough for two super powers. Make no mistake, the US will still be a powerful force to be reckoned with, but I still gotta bring 'em down a notch to let Mexico catch up a little.

I would like to see some of Napoleon famous Marshalls and general who are out of favor in France offered a job leading and/or training Mexico armies after Napoleon falls from power

That's a very good and interesting point you raise. I feel like I had so many chances to play around with the settlement of the Napoleonic Wars but didn't due to ignorance, so I'll definitely look into possibly importing Napoleonic Marshals...oooh the butterflies!

Gendarmerie

Banned
Two other generals you could import are
Archduke Charles, Duke of Teschen from Austria and Carl von Clausewitz from prusia

Will Mexico be a republic or monarchy in this timeline?if monarchy Archduke Charles, Duke of Teschen would be a good king since he a good general plus he bring Austria support to Mexico
As a matter of fact I've been having very good discussions about post-independence Mexico with some real close friends and I've come to the conclusion that post independence Mexico will be a monarchy. Now I really enjoyed writing a strong republican Mexico last time but tbh Mexico needs stability early on and while I'm not saying it's not entirely impossible to accomplish this with a republic, a strong, intelligent general with connections to European nobility will go a long ways to deal with the threat the United States posed.

With that said Archduke Charles is definitely someone I've been looking into and a definite possibility. Carl von Clausewitz I'll read into though, I haven't heard of him. Thanks for the suggestions! :biggrin:

And, if you can, have more immigration to Mexico; granted, most immigrants will still go to the US, but methinks Mexico will get more of them ITTL...

And, if you can, have more immigration to Mexico; granted, most immigrants will still go to the US, but methinks Mexico will get more of them ITTL...
1.0 had a bunch of anti-Catholic riots happen in the US thanks to the participation of Irish soldiers in the Mexican Army. And since California stayed Mexican, they were the main beneficiaries of the Gold Rush.

1.0 had a bunch of anti-Catholic riots happen in the US thanks to the participation of Irish soldiers in the Mexican Army. And since California stayed Mexican, they were the main beneficiaries of the Gold Rush.
Immigration is important, and much like before there will be plenty more coming to Mexico than OTL. There will also be greater emphasis on internal immigration as well. Granted I did touch on it a little during the Gold Rush updates (like the Sonorans and Chihuahuans going to California), there will be more, especially in the immediate aftermath of independence. Mexicans, Central Americans, and to a lesser degree other Latin Americans will not only be important in settling the northern territories, but ensuring there isn't a over-saturation of say Anglos who can break off their own chunk of the north for themselves or for manifest destiny.

wHY in hell he would leave prussia?the dukeof tsechen to become emperor couldaappe but Causewitz...nah
Yeah I glanced at von Clausevitz earlier and it seems far more plausible to import the Duke of Teschen. Neither is a Bourbon but a Catholic Hapsburg definitely sounds doable as Mexican Emperor.

Yeah I glanced at von Clausevitz earlier and it seems far more plausible to import the Duke of Teschen. Neither is a Bourbon but a Catholic Hapsburg definitely sounds doable as Mexican Emperor.
Excatly, and i think mexican would prefer a non-bourbon if they want an emepror, Teschen would be invaluable in nice connections with austria and europe

Excatly, and i think mexican would prefer a non-bourbon if they want an emepror, Teschen would be invaluable in nice connections with austria and europe
Yeah I think I'll be going with the Duke of Teschen, that idea has really grown on me lol. First I need to catch up to the end of the war, which is still several updates away. Hopefully I can get the next update up by this weekend, if not sooner.

Speaking of monarchies, in Charles II, Duke of Parma's Spanish wiki, there's a paragraph mentioning Argentina looking for a European prince to crown as king, Louis-Philippe I was also considered, but later discarded. Maybe ITTL, we could see the Bourbon-Parma's as Kings of Argentina?