alternatehistory.com

varyar
varyar
1 That's up to you. There's no canon depiction of them. This was in one of the guide books, but it's not accurate - https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stephenking/images/7/71/Turtle-2-.jpg. The Lion-Eagle beam was clockwise of Bear-Turtle, since it ran through Gilead.

2 The Lion-Eagle beam ran north-south through Gilead, but that's all we know.

3 Okay, I need to know more.
TheMolluskLingers
TheMolluskLingers 1
OK, so so my fic follows Ebony and Carrie as they both wake up in Mid-World after the events of their stories - Carrie is, understandably enough, scared out of her wits and forced out of necessity to travel with the former; their goal is the Dark Tower, but for fairly different reasons than Roland.
TheMolluskLingers
TheMolluskLingers 1
Carrie wants to get to the Tower simply because she'd rather be anywhere but this strange and (frankly) utterly terrifying mad world - well, anywhere else aside from Chamberlain - and Ebony's trying to figure out why she can only remember the immediate past (aka the events of her story) and why reality seems to distort and bend around her based on her whims.
varyar
varyar
I admit I was a little surprised at picking Ebony as one of the protagonists, but I think I like where you're going with it.
TheMolluskLingers
TheMolluskLingers
Suffice to say, there's a good reason both are in Mid-World, namely the Crimson King. He intends to use both of them as Breakers.

But unfortunately, because they're on the Lion-Eagle beam, they're nowhere near Algul Siento like the King intended.
varyar
varyar
TheMolluskLingers
TheMolluskLingers 1
I'm already getting some ideas for scenes, like Ebony and Carrie directly crossing the ruins of Gilead - perhaps even taking up some guns from there?
varyar
varyar 1
Oh, I like that. Most of the surface stuff has probably been picked clean, but maybe in the deeper levels below the old castle?
TheMolluskLingers
TheMolluskLingers
It'd make sense - after all, I'd imagine the gunslingers would have some sort of backup cache.

I could imagine it playing out similar to LOTR's Mines of Moria scene.
varyar
varyar
Awesome - keep me posted, please!
TheMolluskLingers
TheMolluskLingers 1
I will! (BTW, I noticed that on the map you linked me, the Lion-Eagle Beam does intersect with the Bear-Turtle Beam a bit as it nears the Tower, so while and Ebony and Carrie won't really encounter Roland and his tet for most of their journey, they very well might as they near the end, especially once the Crimson King's plans for the two are revealed).