alternatehistory.com

Nivek
Who the fuck are you?
Deleted member 150598
Sigh... I’m not being rude or anything, but after learning that the Nintendo’s New Groove TL wasn’t realistic, I’ve come to the dilemma on how realistic alternate history should be. (Sorry if I’ve called you out in an angry manner in this post.)
Nivek 1
Pausability is tricky, for example some people call player two start a hard tl even when using fictional people so the theme should be how pausable are things after you research the participants and their context..
Nivek 1
.have we started to write a year later, P2S would have been a very different animal, history is not static is dynamic, even our understanding of the past change thanks to new reveals about what happened on the fateful POD
Nivek 1
Heck Nintendo new groove is a soft AH as we never knew what Atari would have done
Deleted member 150598 1
Oh. You seemed nicer than I thought. I thought you were going to be all "YOU'RE TIMELINES STINK CAUSE THEY ARNT AS REALISTIC AS MINES!", but no. I was completely wrong about you. Thanks for giving me more understanding about writing alternate history!
Nivek 2
I only loss my nerve with this board anti islamic hypocrisy, the rest I'm a historian at praxis, I'm critical and objective.

I like nng before the author lost the idea what to do with it
Deleted member 150598 1
What I’m getting from NNG is that the author wanted to make Nintendo not “play it so safe” and get a bit more with the times, and, like OTL’s SEGA, care about their fans more (keeping fangames alive, for instance).
Nivek 1
People forget that when Nintendo started on the USA was during the zenith of reagan era, the conservative revival, the japan bashing and moral panic, they have to play safe as fuck to avoid bad publicity, if anything Nintendo of japan wasn't like that because japan is their motherbase
Deleted member 150598
The problem I have with NNG personally is that it feels too much like a pop culture utopia, and that it's too similar to the author's (possibly) OWN pop culture utopia.
Nivek 2
Yeah he took the easy way with his TL, maybe too easy and should have researched much more(i always nagged him about introducing more butterflies) but that was his TL, he asked for help I did give him, if he ignored my advice was his own call too
Deleted member 150598