From the Grasslands to the Grill
The Story of Buck Brindell and Brindell's Restaurants.

From American Rancher Magazine, January 1972
Brindells.jpg

Eldon Allen Brindell was born in Sigil, Texas the son of Kristina Brindell nee Waltersson) and Otto Donovan Brindell, a Texas-born rancher in 1919. Young Eldon or Buck was an excellent horse rider from an early age. While growing up, Eldon, also known as Buck grew bored with ranching and began to make a few dollars by riding broncos and roping steers in his early teens. His father found out and forbade this activity, but Eldon took no notice and went to compete in local roundups and became a well known roundup clown. Brindell graduated from Signil High School in 1938 and immediately enlisted into the Aero Force. During Manifest Climax he served as a Talkiebox operator and left the service as a Staff Sergeant.

With the end of the Climax Brindell returned to his hometown of Sigil. However the family ranch had been damaged by the sootstorms and the herd of cattle sold by his father to pay off debts. In order to make a living for both himself and his parents he worked as a cowboy and participated in roundups across the Great Plains. While in Washington City, Osage, Brindell would find his next opportunity.

"One day, I was between jobs with a few Eagles to my name when I was looking for something to eat. I didn't want to spend the money at a diner so I was wandering around Washington City looking for a lunchstand or maybe a drugstore for a sandwich. I see this little place called Sheppard's, about the size of maybe a kitchen and a counter and it is packed. I mean, you saw people coming and going and it was hopping. Well, I had learned from my parents that when you were in a unfamilar town you looked for where the farmers and workers ate. So I go over and manage to sit down. This old fellow, who looked like my Grandfathers age said 'What will you have young man?' I asked for what I could buy for three eagles and he said a Buffalo burger. I was surprised for a moment but I was hungry so I didn't care. I placed my order and couple minutes later out it comes with some pinnies. It was about the size of my fist and I tore into it. It was different from the hamburgers that I grew up on, sweeter and more tender and unique. I ate my lunch, paid and left. The next time I was in Washington City and practically every time I was in the area I made sure to have one of those buffalo sandwiches."

Interview in 1969

The lunch stand Buck mentioned was owned by Hjalmar Sheppard, a Swedish immigrant who came to the United States in 1919 and became a citizen in 1926. Working a variety of jobs he started his own restaurant in 1939 serving workers at nearby factories and farms. With the end of the sootstorms and the growth of grasslands across the plains, the bison was retaking its historic home and was easier to purchase locally. Taking advantage of this Hjalmar would create his own brand of buffalo sandwiches. Instead of having a variety of dishes like many of his competitors Sheppard would focus on sandwiches, pinnies and soda in order to increase speed and minimize costs. Except for a kitchen staff the restaurant would have customers come up to a order window, place and order and pick up their orders when ready.

For Buck the low cost business model of Sheppard's would attract him along with supporting local ranchers and communities. When he was in the area he would visit with Hjalmar and the two became friends. Using his savings from roundups and his time in the military, Eldon would become half owner of Sheppard and a second restaurant would be opened in Independence in 1950. While visiting Hjalmar Eldon would begin to talk to a young cashier named Ronja. What first started as friendship eventually became a relationship then love. When Buck proposed to Ronja he found out that she was Hjalmar's oldest daughter. While Hjalamar approved of Buck he had one condition to approve the marriage.

"He told me he wanted his daughter to marry an educated man. He thought that someone with a College or University degree would be able to provide for their family and that Ronja would not have to work so hard. I told him that I agreed and promised Hjalmar, Ronja's mother Gabriella and Ronja that if she would wait for me I would go to College."

Interview in 1969

Buck would enroll in the University of Osage, Lewis City and would complete a degree in Business with a minor in Mass Communication and graduate in 1954. One month later Buck and Ronja would be married. While Hjalmar still ran the restaurant Buck and Ronja would travel across Osage, Mississippi and Texas meeting family and friends. During this time Buck and Ronja would work on a strategy of expanding the restaurant chain and creating it's unique style. Since the restaurants served only Buffalo meat the chain would adopt the Bison as it's logo and would only buy from local ranchers. Instead of focusing on larger cities and towns, the chain would instead reach out to medium and smaller towns with more rural populations. Different sized burgers and thicker cut 'Buffalo Chips' would be introduced along with milkshakes and ice cream. The small restaurant and ordering would be kept but a drive through or window for people to place orders by car would be included. When the Brindell's returned back to Washington City with notebooks full of ideas, Hjalmar was stunned with the ideas.

"It took a day for Ronja and I to discuss all the ideas we had for the chain. I think Hjalmar was both proud of Ronja and a little scared of what we wanted to do to 'his' restaruant. However he accepted it but the big question was how were we going to pay for this."

Interview in 1969

Using the family, ranching and roundup connections he and Ronja had established Buck and Ronja would raise enough money to remodel the Washington City and Independence locations and add a third location in Lewis City. Business would grow but Buck saw an opportunity in local talkiebox and print advertising. The first commercials for Sheppard's would be produced at WOTB 970 and written by a young radio personality by the name of Lukas 'Lucky' Paddon.

"Lucky and Buck hit it off immediately, both of them were clowns and wanted to entertain people. They thought that instead of hiring talent or just reading a card that people would remember a funny commercial. Buck's Texan accent was already distinctive so Lucky, Buck and I created the "Good Old Boy" image. Friendly, smart but humble, the kind of neighbor who would invite you for a beer and listen to the local Rounders game or you saw at Church."

Ronja Brindell Interview 1969

"Howdy Folks, this is Buck Brindell, reminding you that at Sheppard's you can feed your whole family or just yourself for half of what you would spend at a restaurant. Our sandwiches are made right when you order and can be made however you like. Afternoon, Evening or at Night we are here for you with three locations in Washington City, Independence and Lewis City. Sheppard's, family owned since 1939."

Sheppard's Commercial, 1955, WOTB Archieves

The commercials, starring Buck and Ronja would be a hit combining humor and what many considered 'plain speaking' compared to the most polished and sophisticated ads from the larger chains. The commercials would highlight Sheppard's support of local ranchers and farmers, family ownership and small town life. By this time Hjalmar would consider retirement and let Buck and Ronja, along with Lucky run the business. As a final wedding present, the company name would change to Brindell's in 1956 with the first three restaurants in Washington City, Independence and Lewis City keeping the Sheppard's name.

TODAY

Brindell's restaurants can be found only west of the Mississippi River in Dakota, Osage, Mississippi, Texas and Lewisland. The reason for this is that Brindell's has prided itself on fresh made bread, vegetables and meat and does not uselong haul shipping and freezing. Buck retired from competing in roundups at the insistence of Ronja in 1965 and now is the full time spokesman of the chain. He remains an active rancher, sportsman and judge at various State Fairs and Roundups across the Plains. With the popularity of Televisors Buck and Ronja started producing commercials for the chain and sponsoring scholarships for young Ranchers and Roundup participants. Buck and Ronja have three children, Jonas, Elina and Lucas.

Slim_Pickens_1972.jpg

Eldon 'Buck' Brindell, 1972
OOC: Since we all fans of Dr. Strangelove and I like Whataburger, here we go.

Last edited:
1st ORRA Cavalry Legion "Custer Hard Ass"
army-black-and-white-photos-cavalry-picture-id1159830236
Quoted is Commander Edward Arnold Hale who tells George Washington Dewey about the general opinion of 1st ORRA Cavalry Legion "Custer Hard Ass".

“I can assure you that the Hard Ass enjoys an outstanding reputation not only with its superiors, but also among its Army comrades. Every Cohort wishes it had the Hard Ass as its neighbor, as much during the attack as in defense. Its inner discipline, its cool daredeviltry, its cheerful enterprise, its unshakable firmness in a crisis (even when things become difficult or serious), its exemplary toughness, its camaraderie (which deserves special praise) - all these are outstanding and cannot be surpassed. In spite of this, the officer corps maintains a degree of modesty. A genuine elite formation that I am happy and proud to have under my command and, furthermore, one that I sincerely and hopefully wish to retain. This unrestrained recognition was gained by the Hard Ass entirely on the strength of its own achievements and moreover on the basis of its military ability against anenemy whose courage, toughness, numbers, and armament should not be slighted. The aura which naturally surrounds the Custer Guard would not have sufficed, here at the front, to allow this recognition to fall into its lap."

The First Cavalry Legion of the Office of Racial and Religious Affairs (O.R.R.A.) was perhaps the most prestigious formation of the ORRA during the Custer Era. Formed by the veteran elements of the ORRA, to the point that the first soldiers of the First Cavalry Legion, were formed by former Custer's Company mercenaries who, in a fit of semi-canine loyalty, enlisted in the ORRA. Due to the cavalry custom within the Firsts, they soon earned the nickname of the Custer Hard Ass due to the endurance shown when riding for long periods of time on horseback. The First's repetition of loyalty and experience prompted Custer to order them to carry out death squad actions along with other key operations that only the High Command of the Republican Union would dimly know about.

The Legion was part of the units mobilized for the clean-up operation against religious congregations who refused to be listed by religion because they thought it violated their rights in the notorious Great Raid of Peachtree. Later on October 31, 1882, the Custer Hard Asses carried out death squad actions. At least 85, but most likely no less than twice that number of RUMP officers, were executed without trial in the following days, including Josiah Reed for high treason. and conspiring against the president. This action effectively decapitated the RUMP and removed the threat it posed to Custer's leadership. In recognition of his actions, the 1st Legion was enlarged to regimental size. In addition, the 1st ORRA Legion gained a greater degree of autonomy to the point of responding solely to Custer by acting almost like his Praetorian Guard.

During the initial stages of the invasion of Mexico, the I ORRA-Legion was attached to the 17th Infantry Regiment and tasked with providing flank protection for the southern offensive. The Legion participated in several battles
800px-20th_Kansas_Volunteers_marching_through_Caloocan_at_night.jpg
against Mexican cavalry brigades attempting to attack the flanks of the advancing Americans. In Costa Rica's San Jose, the Hard Ass fought elements of the 28th Infantry Division in hand-to-hand combat. Throughout the campaign, the unit was noted for burning down villages. In addition, ORRA members committed atrocities in numerous cities, including the murder of 5,000 Nahuatl Mexicans and the massacre of 20,000 civilians, including children, who were machine-gunned in what would later be known as Sweetwater.

After the success in San Jose. The unit went into action preventing the encircled Mexican units from escaping and repelling several attempts by other Mexican troops to break through to save their compatriots. Despite the quick military victory over Mexico, the regular army had reservations about the performance of ORRA combat units due to their higher casualty rate than army units, primarily because of their low fear of death. Later the Hard Ass lived up to its name by chasing for 200 kilometers without hardly stopping other than resting their horses or lightly feeding elements of the retreating Mexican army that ran to the capital. Because priority emphasized speed over capturing prisoners, ORRA NCOs enforced the directive to only leave officers alive, so the Hard Ass left a trail of corpses that the other units followed like sniffing hounds. blood.

106342338_2776851499213060_1101999070500425808_o.jpg
The Hard Ass was in charge of cleaning the remains of the old Chapultepec Castle, strategically located on the outskirts of Mexico City located on a 61 m (200 ft) hill, it was an important position for the defense of the city. The Mexican forces, including military cadets from the Military Academy had raised an army of approximately 25,000 men, in position at Chapultepec against 2,000 Americans forces. The loss of the Mexicans opened the way for the Americans to take the center of Mexico City. This victory caused the First ORRA Legion to receive greater respect from the Army. The First ORRA earned an infamy comparable to the X Shicagwa when in 1887, along with the RUMP, they arrested the remaining Mexican Catholic clergy, taking them to Panama to work on the Grand Canal. Along the way, ORRA soldiers committed abuses. Out of boredom, they even gang-raped young nuns to the point that they ended up suffering a shock that caused some of them to hang themselves on trees with their own clothes.

The 1st ORRA's reputation as Custer's favorite Hounds did well deserved honor.

LIFE WITH CUSTER: THE CANINE CHILDREN

DoctorCoates_1200x628.jpg

Custer and some of his dogs during the Texas Campaign.
(from left to right name of dogs: Freki, Geri, Major, Gordon)
“Hard to watch Custer without being accompanied by at least four dogs. Sometimes you would think that these same animals sleep in the same bed as the President, protecting him from any threat that gets through his guards from him”

Custer-with-Rose-300x288.jpg
The Story of President George Armstrong Custer is a story of what one man can accomplish with effort, charisma, and willpower. But Custer's story is not just that of a man who fought against Native Savages, slave-owning Southerners, or Philadelphia politicians. It is also that of a man who treated his dogs like his own children. During the Great American War, then-legate General Custer almost always had dogs around his headquarters. He liked to throw sticks at them and roll around in the grass with them. He shared his bed and his food with them. And when one of his favorite dogs died, people saw the Legate General Custer crying in public sitting on a tree surrounded by his almost everlasting dozens of howling dogs.

During the Battle of Trinity City, Custer kept most of his dogs on the baggage train but due to mysterious circumstances, most of the dogs ended up getting loose to the point that many of them bit their ropes, cutting them off. The hounds, most of them hunting dogs capable of facing wolves, bison and bears and of course Indians, dedicated themselves to touring the camp full of wounded men who were being treated protecting it. Some served as moral support for the soldiers by offering comfort either by laying their heads on the man expressing affection or even by avoiding fights when several soldiers did not want their limbs amputated, but the recognition of the dogs by the soldiers as dogs of their commander, had them chew on pieces of wood while medic saws amputated legs.

A highlight was when a group of Texan irregular cavalry found the baggage train and went to attack it only to be answered by the dozen hounds who in impressive jumps worthy of competition felled the riders before opening their throats with canine fangs tearing them apart. so that it spread terror. By the time Custer returned to camp, smelling of gunpowder and with some minor injuries, he watched as his dogs greeted him almost knocking him off his horse. Many were covered in human blood but others limped due to injuries sustained during attacks by irregular Texan forces. Custer's fame caused some in the military including Legate General Sherman to view him as almost a War Hound when Sherman said "This young pup from Redemption has more pluck and vigor in him than the entirety of the government back in Philadelphia."

Custer with some Indians Scouts with Grimm and Grond.
When Custer founded Custer's Company, he built it with his dogs. Custer's men learned the value of the canine companion as well as the horse. These dogs were trained to kill and tear apart the indigenous people who opposed them. The dog breeds were mainly mastiffs, greyhounds, Alanos, podencos and hounds. Dogs of these breeds were chosen due to their fierceness, courage and great grasping capacity, since they were used to fighting wild boars and deer, which they managed to bite without letting them go, and they were also used in shows in which they faced all kind of beasts All these canine breeds were endowed with great versatility and the ability to adapt to new conditions, being a powerful instrument of attack and defense. The dogs caused great fear to the indigenous people, since they used to weigh about forty kilos, the average weight of an indigenous woman, with which any of these dogs killed an Indian with great ease. Custer realized the psychological damage that the use of these dogs caused among the indigenous people, since the fear it caused them was joined by the shame they later felt when they saw themselves defeated by an animal.

"Huge dogs, with severed ears, bloodshot yellow beast eyes, enormous mouths, lolling tongues and knife-like teeth, wild as hell and spotted like Pumas"
Testimony of several Indians who fled to California.

Duggan_bookcoverdetail_2019talk-325x195.jpg
In addition to being fierce soldiers, they had other tasks in borderlands. One of its main tasks was to guard the camps they set up to sleep in, thus avoiding unexpected and nocturnal attacks by the Indians. On the other hand, if any indigenous people who were held in these camps escaped, the dogs were very effective in tracking them down and attacking them. Due to this good tracking ability, they were also used as game animals, something that was not new to them, since they did it a lot. By the time Custer became president, his prestige was such that many of Custer's commanders and friends had puppies born to Custer's dogs. Such was the influence that some of Custer's dogs would become pets of some units of the armed forces, whether Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, even ORRA.

Last edited:
THE RANKS OF THE BRITANNIC GOVERNMENT

- National Level -

THE OFFICE OF THE HIGH LORD:

ringostarrk.jpeg

HIS EXCELLENCY, HIGH LORD RICHARD STARK

High Lord
Regent Lord
Spokesperson of the High Lord

THE HIGH LORD'S MOST LOYAL CABINET:

OFFICE OF THE HIGH LORD'S ADVISORS (Ears)
Chief Advisor to the High Lord
War Advisor to the High Lord
Policy Advisor to the High Lord
Culture Advisor to the High Lord
Business Advisor to the High Lord
Religious Advisor to the High Lord

NEW ANGLICAN CHURCH OF BRITANNIA (Veins)
Archbishop of Canterbury
Archbishop of York
Archbishop of Moray
Archbishop of Wales
Archbishop of Armagh
Holy Alliance of Bishops

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF INFORMATION (Eyes)
Chief Intelligence Minister
Deputy Intelligence Minister
Chairman of the National Britannic Network
Vice-Chairman of the National Britannic Network

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF BRITANNIC CULTURE (Mouth)
Minister of Culture
Deputy Minister of Culture
Secretary of Sports
Secretary of the Arts
Secretary of History
Secretary of Music
Secretary of Literature

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF WAR (Left Hand)
Minister of War
Deputy Minister of War
Marshal of the Armies
Admiral of the Fleets
Chief General of the Air
Grand Protector of the Coasts
Secretary of Veteran Affairs

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF CONTROL (Nose)
Minister of Control
Deputy Minister of Control
Secretary of Propaganda
Secretary of Re-Education
Secretary of Censorship
Secretary of Anti-Dissent
Chief Commissioner of the National Britannic Police

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE (Legs)
Minister of Finance
Chief Secretary of Finance
Secretary of Economy
Secretary of the Banks
Secretary of Taxation
Secretary of Funding

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH (Heart)
Minister of Health
Deputy Minister of Health
Secretary of Physical Health
Secretary of Mental Health
Secretary of Social Care
Secretary of Elderly Health
Chairman of the Britannic Health Service
Vice-Chairman of the Britannic Health Service

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION (Right Brain)
Minister of Education
Deputy Minister of Education
Secretary of Universities
Secretary of School Standards
Secretary of Student Protection and Welfare
Secretary of Apprenticeships

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (Left Brain)
Minister of Scientific Research
Deputy Minister of Scientific Research
Secretary of Social Science
Secretary of Natural Science
Secretary of Formal Science
Secretary of Race Science
Secretary of Space
Secretary of Research Finance

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF RACIAL PURITY (Skin)
Minister of Racial Purity
Deputy Minister of Racial Purity
Secretary of Eugenics
Secretary of Family Records
Professor of Racial Purity

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF JUSTICE (Right Hand)
Minister of Justice
Deputy Minister of Justice
Attorney General
Council of Shire Attorneys

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS (Back)
Minister of Public Affairs
Deputy Minister of Public Affairs
Secretary of Roads and Railways
Secretary of Architecture
Secretary of Parks
Secretary of Infrastructure
Secretary of Ports
Secretary of Labour

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (Feet)
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

THE COURT OF OWLS:

CourtofOwlsBlackandWhite.jpeg

The Court of Owls in a rare authorized photo of them

Head of the House of Lawerence
Head of the House of Tolkien
Head of the House of Bryon
Head of the House of Whitehouse
Head of the House of Lake
Head of the House of O'Kennedy
CEO of Manchester Aerospace
CEO of Anglo-Saxon Motors
CEO of Martin Music Machine
CEO of King Henry's Burgers
CEO of Dynamite Entertainment
CEO of Wellington Studios
CEO of The Speed! Company

THE BRITANNIC PARLIAMENT:
Leader of the Majority
Majority Whip
Majority Leader of the House
Leader of the Minority
Minority Whip
Minority Leader of the House
Parliament Speaker
Deputy Speaker
Member of Parliament (450)

- Region Level -

THE OFFICE OF THE OVERLORD:

Overlord of the Shire
Underlord of the Shire

THE OVERLORD'S CABINET:
NBP Commissioner of the Shire
Attorney of the Shire
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Fire and Civil Defense
Secretary of Infrastructure Planning
Secretary of Regional Transport
Secretary of Environment
Secretary of Finance
Secretary of Health

- Local Level -

THE OFFICE OF THE TENANT:
Tenant of City/Town
Deputy Tenant of City/Town
Tenant's Cabinet

LOCAL LEADERSHIP
City/Town Council
Police Chief Inspector
City/Town Attorney

Last edited:
THE RANKS OF THE BRITANNIC GOVERNMENT

- National Level -

THE OFFICE OF THE HIGH LORD:

View attachment 712103
HIS EXCELLENCY, HIGH LORD RICHARD STARK

High Lord
Regent Lord
Spokesperson of the High Lord

THE HIGH LORD'S MOST LOYAL CABINET:

OFFICE OF THE HIGH LORD'S ADVISORS (Ears)
Chief Advisor to the High Lord
War Advisor to the High Lord
Policy Advisor to the High Lord
Culture Advisor to the High Lord
Business Advisor to the High Lord
Religious Advisor to the High Lord

NEW ANGLICAN CHURCH OF BRITANNIA (Veins)
Archbishop of Canterbury
Archbishop of York
Archbishop of Moray
Archbishop of Wales
Archbishop of Armagh
Holy Council of Bishops

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF INFORMATION (Eyes)
Chief Intelligence Minister
Deputy Intelligence Minister
Chairman of the National Britannic Network
Vice-Chairman of the National Britannic Network

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF BRITANNIC CULTURE (Mouth)
Minister of Culture
Deputy Minister of Culture
Secretary of Sports
Secretary of the Arts
Secretary of History
Secretary of Music
Secretary of Literature

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF WAR (Left Hand)
Minister of War
Deputy Minister of War
Marshal of the Armies of Britannia
Admiral of the Fleets
Grand General of the Air
Chief Protector of the Coasts
Secretary of Veteran Affairs

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF CONTROL (Nose)
Minister of Control
Deputy Minister of Control
Secretary of Propaganda
Secretary of Re-Education
Secretary of Censorship
Secretary of Anti-Dissent
Chief Commissioner of the National Britannic Police

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE (Legs)
Minister of Finance
Chief Secretary of Finance
Secretary of Economy
Secretary of the Banks
Secretary of Taxation
Secretary of Funding

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH (Heart)
Minister of Health
Deputy Minister of Health
Secretary of Physical Health
Secretary of Mental Health
Secretary of Social Care
Secretary of Elderly Health
Chairman of the Britannic Health Service
Vice-Chairman of the Britannic Health Service

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION (Right Brain)
Minister of Education
Deputy Minister of Education
Secretary of Universities
Secretary of School Standards
Secretary of Student Protection and Welfare
Secretary of Apprenticeships

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (Left Brain)
Minister of Scientific Research
Deputy Minister of Scientific Research
Secretary of Social Science
Secretary of Natural Science
Secretary of Formal Science
Secretary of Race Science
Secretary of Space
Secretary of Research Finance

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF RACIAL PURITY (Skin)
Minister of Racial Purity
Deputy Minister of Racial Purity
Secretary of Eugenics
Secretary of Family Records
Professor of Racial Purity

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF JUSTICE (Right Hand)
Minister of Justice
Deputy Minister of Justice
Attorney General
Council of Shire Attorneys

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS (Back)
Minister of Public Affairs
Deputy Minister of Public Affairs
Secretary of Roads and Railways
Secretary of Architecture
Secretary of Parks
Secretary of Infrastructure
Secretary of Ports
Secretary of Labour

NATIONAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (Feet)
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

THE COURT OF OWLS:

View attachment 712131
The Court of Owls in a rare authorized photo of them

House of Lawerence Figurehead
House of Tolkien Figurehead
House of Bryon Figurehead
House of Whitehouse Figurehead
House of Lake Figurehead
House of O'Kennedy Figurehead
CEO of Manchester Aerospace
CEO of Anglo-Saxon Motors
CEO of Martin Music Machine
CEO of King Henry's Burgers
CEO of Dynamite Entertainment
CEO of Wellington Studios
CEO of The Speed! Company

THE BRITANNIC PARLIAMENT:
Leader of the Majority
Majority Whip
Majority Leader of the House
Leader of the Minority
Minority Whip
Minority Leader of the House
Parliament Speaker
Deputy Speaker
Member of Parliament (450)

- Region Level -

THE OFFICE OF THE OVERLORD:

Overlord of the Shire
Underlord of the Shire

THE OVERLORD'S CABINET:
NBP Commissioner of the Shire
Attorney of the Shire
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Fire and Civil Defense
Secretary of Infrastructure Planning
Secretary of Regional Transport
Secretary of Environment
Secretary of Finance
Secretary of Health

- Local Level -

THE OFFICE OF THE TENANT:
Tenant of City/Town
Deputy Tenant of City/Town
Tenant's Cabinet

LOCAL LEADERSHIP
City/Town Council
Police Chief Inspector
City/Town Attorney

THE COURT OF OWLS UNMASKED
(House Heads Part 1)

GregLaw2.jpeg

Gregory Gibson Lawrence, Head of the House of Lawrence and son of Thomas Edward Lawrence

HenryTolkien.jpeg

Henry James Tolkien, Head of the House of Tolkien and son of former High Lord Roland Tolkien

IMG_4623.jpg

Elizabeth Whitehouse, Head of the House of Whitehouse

THE COURT OF OWLS UNMASKED
(House Heads Part 1)

GregLaw2.jpeg

Gregory Gibson Lawrence, Head of the House of Lawrence and son of Thomas Edward Lawrence

View attachment 712186
Henry James Tolkien, Head of the House of Tolkien and son of former High Lord Roland Tolkien

IMG_4623.jpg

Elizabeth Whitehouse, Head of the House of Whitehouse
What does the court of owls do? How much power does it have?

Not even trying to sound democratic or benevolent, just flaunting their own paranoia.

I have a strong feeling this is going to be 0% actual science and 100% making shit up to "justify" oppressive and genocidal policies.
It’s inspired by 1984 Oceania’s Ministries. The book is written by a British man, who would not be inspired by 1984 in making a dystopian timeline about the British.

And yes, it’s all made up racist things.

THE PRINCIPALITY OF GOA
Europa's Tropical Paradise
By Ophélie Claude François for On Holiday Magazine, January 1969

The Principality of Goa is a state on the southwestern coast of India within the Konkan region, geographically separated from the Deccan highlands by the Western Ghats. It is surrounded by the Indian states of Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east and south, with the Arabian Sea forming its western coast. Goa has one of the highest GDP per capita among all Indian states, two and a half times as high as the GDP per capita of the country as a whole.

Panaji is the state's capital, while Vasco da Gama is its largest city. The historic city of Margão in Goa still exhibits the cultural influence of the Portuguese, who first voyaged to the subcontinent in the early 16th century as merchants, and conquered it soon thereafter, whereupon Goa became an overseas territory of the Portuguese Empire, part of what was then known as Portuguese India which was conquered by the British in 1809.

POPULATION COMPOSITION

Goa’s official language, which is spoken by a majority of its inhabitants, is Konkani but most citizens are fluent in French along with Hindi. Various other languages ranging from English, Gaelic, Polish along with Marathi, Malayam, Telugu and Tamil can also be heard. Government documents and displays are in French, Hindi and Konkani.

The Portuguese colonial heritage and the diverse local population of Goa have cultivated a unique cultural landscape. The population is primarily a mixture of Christians and Hindus: the western coastland and estuaries are dotted with wayside crosses and Roman Catholic churches, while the hilly east is scattered with Hindu temples and shrines. There is also a notable Muslim population in Goa, as well as smaller communities of Jains, Sikhs, and practitioners of local religions. Portuguese was once the language of the administration and the elite, and as part of that legacy, many Goans bear Portuguese personal names and surnames.

The Population of Goa as of 1961 is over 600,000 not including military personnel.

Goa is visited by large numbers of international and domestic tourists each year because of its white-sand beaches, active nightlife, places of worship, and World Heritage-listed architecture. It also has rich flora and fauna because it lies very close to the North Western Ghauts rain forests, one of the rare biodiversity hotspots of the world.

HISTORY

16th to 18th Century

In 1510, the Portuguese defeated the ruling Bijapur sultan Yusuf Adil Shah with the help of a local ally, Timoji, a privateer. They set up a permanent settlement in Velha Goa. This was the beginning of Portuguese colonial rule in Goa that would last for two centuries until the East India Company seized it once British-allied Portugal collapsed in 1809 and was under Dutch occupation in 1826. At the Congress of Vienna, Napoleon I announced that the Portuguese Confederation was simply not economically capable of managing the far off colony. Instead, it was given to Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia and Hanover.

For the rest of the century the settlement would see a great number of civic improvements along with an influx of European missionaries, merchants, students and military veterans due to Goa's and southern India's Catholic and Christian populations. Seen as a 'outpost of Christian civilization' compared to the colonies in Africa and the Middle East the Europan government would encourage trade and development of southern India through ports like Goa and Madras. One of the results of these developments is that it would provide the resources for a autonomy movement which would spread throughout French India. Several small revolts would take place in Goa and the surrounding region which would be crushed by local garrisons.

20th Century

The Second Black Death and resulting violence would kill at least ten percent of the population however the large amount of military personnel and veterans would assist in public order and the distribution of food and medicines. By the time the Europan relief forces arrived the region would be considered partially pacified. Many Hindus and Muslims would convert to Catholicism in order to access needed vaccines and food and many historic temples and mosques would be renamed. Compared to the rest of India, the region would be seen as a success of Europan and local governance until the Treaty of Calcutta.

Under the Treaty, the heavily-Catholic Province would remain an Imperial Protectorate, separate from the rest of India and functioning as the home base for the Imperial Indian Ocean Fleet. The Europan Emperor would retain title of Indian Emperor, officially still Head of State of the Federation, as well as now becoming Protector of Goa. As Europan military forces withdrew from India the region would experience a construction boom as military infrastructure and housing was rapidly built.

EDE0TKLUwAA8O1O.jpg

Bus Stand near Panaji

Climate

Goa features a tropical monsoon climate under the Köppen climate classification. Goa, being in the tropical zone and near the Arabian Sea, has a hot and humid climate for most of the year. The month of May is usually the hottest, seeing daytime temperatures of over 35 °C (95 °F) coupled with high humidity. The state's three seasons are Southwest monsoon period (June–September), post-monsoon period (October–January), and pre-monsoon period (February–May). Over 90% of the average annual rainfall (3,000 mm or 120 in) is received during the monsoon season.

Government Subdivisions

The state is divided into two districts — North Goa and South Goa. Each district is administered by a district collector, appointed by the Europan government. Panaji is the headquarters of North Goa district and is also the capital of Goa. Margao is the headquarters of the South Goa district.

Goa's administrative capital is based in Panaji, often referred as Panjim in English, Pangim in Portuguese and Ponjê in Konkani, the official language of the state. It lies on the left bank of the Mandovi river. The seat of the Goa Legislative Assembly is in Porvorim, across the Mandovi from Panaji. The state's highest judiciary is the Goa Bench. Unlike other states, which follow the model of personal laws framed for individual religions introduced in the days of the Europan Raj, the Civil Code of Goa is uniform code based on the Napoleonic code was retained in Goa. Law enforcement is handled by the National Gendarmerie (French: Gendarmerie nationale). Both the Principality and the Indian Federation have extradition agreements and officers of both the Federation and Principality can travel freely between both states. Both law enforcement communities also share intelligence and resources as needed.

Goa has a unicameral legislature, the Goa Legislative Assembly, of 40 members, headed by a speaker. The Chief Minister heads the executive, which is made up of the party or coalition elected with a majority in the legislature. The Governor or representative of the Europan Empire the Amiral (Admiral) of the Imperial Indian Ocean Fleet (Flotte impériale de l'océan Indien).

Administrative_map_of_Goa.png
TRANSPORTATION

Air

There is a domestic and international airport at Goa International Airport, which is a civil enclave at Naval Station (Station Navale) Bouvet, a Naval airfield located at Dabolim near Vasco da Gama.

Road

Most of Goa is well connected by roads. Goa's public transport largely consists of privately operated buses linking the major towns to rural areas. Government-run buses, maintained by the Kadamba Transport Corporation, link major routes (like the Panaji–Margao route) and some remote parts of the state. The Corporation owns 15 bus stands, 4 depots and one Central workshop at Porvorim and a Head Office at Porvorim. In large towns such as Panaji and Margao, intra-city buses operate. However, public transport in Goa is less developed, and residents depend heavily on their own transportation, usually motorized two-wheelers and small family cars.

Goa has four National Highways passing through it. NH-17 runs along India's west coast and links Goa to Mumbai in the north and Mangalore to the south. NH-4A running across the state connects the capital Panaji to Belgaum in east, linking Goa to cities in the Deccan. The NH-17A connects to Mormugao Port from Cortalim. NH-17B is a four-lane highway connecting Mormugao Port to NH-66 at Verna via Dabolim Airport, primarily built to ease pressure on the NH-366 for traffic to Dabolim Airport and Vasco da Gama. NH-4A links Panaji and Ponda to Belgaum and NH-4. Goa has a total of 224 km (139 mi) of national highways, 232 km (144 mi) of state highway and 815 kilometres (506 miles) of district highway. National Highways in Goa are among the narrowest in the country and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Rail

Goa has two rail lines – one run by the South Western Railway and the other by the Konkan Railway. The line run by the South Western Railway was built during the colonial era linking the port town of Vasco da Gama, Goa with Belgaum, Hubli, Karnataka via Margao.

Sea

The Mormugao Port Trust near the city of Vasco handles mineral ore, petroleum, coal, and international containers. Much of the shipments consist of minerals and ores from Goa's hinterland.

ECONOMY

Tourism and the Military are Goa's primary industries: it gets 12% of foreign tourist arrivals in India. Goa has two main tourist seasons: winter and summer. In winter, tourists from abroad (mainly Europe) come, and summer (which, in Goa, is the rainy season) sees tourists from across India. With easy access by road and rail Goa has become a prime vacation spot for many Indians.

The land away from the coast is rich in minerals and ores, and mining forms the second largest industry. Iron, bauxite, manganese, clays, limestone, and silica are mined. Rampant mining has been depleting the forest cover as well as posing a health hazard to the local population. Corporations have also conducted in some areas with the assistance of organized crime.

Agriculture offers part-time employment to a sizeable portion of the populace. Rice is the main agricultural crop, followed by areca, cashew, and coconut. Fishing employs about 40,000 people, though recent official figures indicate a decline in the importance of this sector and also a fall in the catch, due perhaps, to traditional fishing giving way to large-scale mechanized trawling.

Medium-scale industries include the manufacturing of pesticides, fertilizers, tires, tubes, footwear, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, wheat products, steel rolling, fruits and fish canning, cashew nuts, textiles, brewery products.

Goa is also notable for its low-priced beer, wine, and spirits prices due to its very low excise duty on alcohol. Another main source of cash inflow to the state is remittance, from many of its citizens who work abroad, to their families. In 1956 Goa became the first state in India to legalize some types of gambling. This enabled the state to levy taxes on gambling, thereby strengthening the economy.

CRIME

Despite claims by civic and religious leaders who criticize Goa's more 'hedonistic and permissive' attitudes the Principality has one of the lowest crime rates in South Asia. This is due to two reasons. The first is that the government of the Principality is dependent on tourism and tourism related industries and makes sure that tourists and residents feel safe and can spend their money freely. Patrols by the Gendarmes are common along with well lit streets and police call boxes. Petty crime is rare and usually occurs away from the more popular hotels and clubs at 'underground' or unregulated establishments.

The second reason is organized crime, as the Europan military and its supporters moved into Goa criminal gangs fallowed to take advantage of the construction boom and to supply the military and growing population with a variety of illicit services. Smuggling of non-taxed alcohol, drugs, consumer goods, minerals, weapons are common despite the attempts of the Europan and Indian authorities. Illegal gambling and protection are also common. Prostitution and human trafficking is rare due to The Legion (Le Legion).

Unlike many organized crime groups which are organized around one particular ethnic group or class The Legion is based on military veterans of the Catholic faith. Originally composed of Polish veterans who served under the First Napoleon the Legion expanded to include veterans who served in combat and were devout Catholics. It is considered less of a crime family and more of a religious order. Many Goans and south Indians respect the Legion for its values, its charity work and prevention of petty crime. Most businesses will have a Legion symbol on its display and those who try to rob or intimidate them can expect a quick and brutal response. The Legion actively will shut down any bordellos it finds and will kill the Madams and Pimps. Prostitutes will receive help but be warned that if they continue in this trade they will get no mercy.

SOURCES

Okay a crack idea but what about a Spiritual Antithesis timeline to WMIT? Where instead of being a demented theocratic abomination America is a "land of badass." Being a center-right dreamland that manages to ramp up the better parts of OTL America to the point of "affection parody. Where instead of America F*** NO! It's America F***Yeah!

Imagine Stan Smith,Glenn Dolphman, Peacemaker and US Agent's collective wet dream of a perfect America and you get the idea.

Okay a crack idea but what about a Spiritual Antithesis timeline to WMIT? Where instead of being a demented theocratic abomination America is a "land of badass." Being a center-right dreamland that manages to ramp up the better parts of OTL America to the point of "affection parody. Where instead of America F*** NO! It's America F***Yeah!

Imagine Stan Smith,Glenn Dolphman, Peacemaker and US Agent's collective wet dream of a perfect America and you get the idea.
Okay, that's epic.

So crazy and wild but in a lovable and good way?

Okay, that's epic.

So crazy and wild but in a lovable and good way?
A More Perfect Union and Jefferson's Anti-Slavery Crisis (HeX's and mine) were this, but HeX's was closer to center-left and anyway both are no longer being updated. I think both are also in "don't update unless you're the original creator".
I should do this if I have time.
IIRC isn't Peacemaker supposed to be a deconstruction of the American "toxic masculinity issue"? He's trying to be cool, but no matter what he does, he's hollow?