1973... President Oswald.

Interesting.

Doubly interesting considering in 1.0, the NUSA collapses violently is what is essentially a hemisphere wide Yugoslav Wars and Oswald nearly ended the world by tossing nukes all over the place.

Just saying, I can't recall any bits of lore that mention the NUSA or anything past 1975-76.

Did I miss something obviously cursed in the last chaptert or was this kinda normal?

I mean, the mutated animals sound implausible. What (presumably) ungulate could produce infinite flesh anyway, even if mutated? Unless there's a possibility that it's regenerating cancer tissue... ? That's not possible, is it?

Did I miss something obviously cursed in the last chaptert or was this kinda normal?

I mean, the mutated animals sound implausible. What (presumably) ungulate could produce infinite flesh anyway, even if mutated? Unless there's a possibility that it's regenerating cancer tissue... ? That's not possible, is it?
That's supposed to be an urban legend, "Not provable in a court of law". I don't think that company has an infinite flesh animal.

Ungulates can't do that.
Regenerating cancer tissue sounds sufficiently dark, but that's still implausible. More likely the giant ungulate would die of cancer before long.
Now a starfish can lose arms, grow them back, rinse and repeat if it has enough food, but the regeneration process needs even more energy than what the starfish usually uses so it's not an efficient use of starfish food (which is usually clams, mussels, etc.). Ungulates aren't starfish and can't do that even if mutated.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I wonder how Slog would react to modern-day fake meat inventions? Would he despise it, or would he appreciate the attempt to take things that aren't meat and make them more like meat?

Hmmm, I wonder how Slog would react to modern-day fake meat inventions? Would he despise it, or would he appreciate the attempt to take things that aren't meat and make them more like meat?
Probably the latter. Nothing better says "dominion over the Earth" than defying the boundaries of nature to taste new things. He'd probably be first in line for a KFC centipede too.

Cursed idea. Slog would have if the technology been advanced enough become the Madness version of TheReportOfTheWeek.

For those who don't know:

THOMAS FOODS would also like to let you know the rumors of a so-called "Potbellied Meatgoblin" bein' held underneath our state-of-the-art Central Warehouse in refrigerated cubicles are completely fabricated. The only goblins 'round these here parts are the boys a-goblin' up their S.P.U.D. at dinnertime. There are no blind, five-ton, room-sized hybrid abominations in our possession--incapable of movement or sound-- that we shave slabs of delicious, perfectly-edible driblets off of--only to find it regrown in hours, thereby producing an infinite supply of self-replicatin', mouth-waterin', cost-effective m e a t. That would be "udderly" ridiculous. And we're lookin' forward to provin' it in a court o' law.
That's...incredibly specific. I'm sure it's fine, though. How could such a reputable American company do anything dubious?

That's supposed to be an urban legend, "Not provable in a court of law". I don't think that company has an infinite flesh animal.

The wording of their denial though. There must be *something* going on there. Eh, they probably just process their employees if they have an accident or if they get too unruly. Nothing too crazy.

The wording of their denial though. There must be *something* going on there. Eh, they probably just process their employees if they have an accident or if they get too unruly. Nothing too crazy.
My personal theory is that they’re doing something like using diseased or Black Bliss poisoned meat. Because why let meat go to waste when Jev will protect the faithful from toxins, especially when there’s money to be made? Sure the Black Bliss might be causing pigs to be born with defects like two heads, but think of all the extra SPUD those extra brains will make.

That or they were trying to copy Patons obsession for monkey testicles but with Bull bollocks and on an industrial scale

Last edited:
Slog would probably jump for joy at the in vitro meat experiments occurring today.
"I've conquered nature to make meat without needing to raise the animals!"
My personal theory is that they’re doing something like using diseased or Black Bliss poisoned meat. Because why let meat go to waste when Jev will protect the faithful from toxins, especially when there’s money to be made? Sure the Black Bliss might be causing pigs to be born with defects like two heads, but think of all the extra SPUD those extra in brains will make.

That or they were trying to copy Paton obsession for monkey testicles but with Bull bollocks and on an industrial scale
That fits with the "Mad Cow Disease" theory. Food safety was especially bad prior to the US government being forced to do something about the awful conditions due to books like The Jungle. The clan system would further increase secrecy, making it harder for government regulators or the public to find that something is terribly wrong.

them tea-sippin' Yankee Doodles wanted no part of our flesh noodles

Just..... Jesus Christ, flesh noodles? That's incredible, and it has to become some kind of Northwestern slang now. Regional subcultures dammit!

Cackalacky mouse wine,

gunfire all around, people yelling "THIS HERE VIRTUEMAN DONE FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, BUT THE MOUSE WINE DRINKERS ARE ABOUT TO OVERRUN US! MAY GOD BLESS MY SOUL! TELL MY FAMILY I LOVE EM! HARK THE SOU-" I'm set upon by a deranged @Mooze17

S.P.U.D. was at first an accident, like most of Slog's recipes. One night in 1909, while out on safari in New Cackalack, trying to bag and consume his first gorilla, Slog cooked up some grub for himself and his three hillbilly guides. He had fried up and seasoned some not particularly offensive pig brain and potatoes in a cast iron skillet over a fire. A gorilla was spotted right as they were about to partake in the meal and the four men rushed off, guns in hand, on a wild goose chase that lasted clear through till morning. When they arrived back at camp, empty-handed and exhausted, five hours later, their fire had died and the cow brain and potatoes had cooled. Now, a pig brain is about 60% fat, so most of what was left was a bunch of potato chunks stuck in a congealed, greasy mess, and much of the actual brain matter had been picked by scavenger animals. Rather than waste the food, as would be heretical to Slog's lifelong creed, he stoked the campfire again and brought it to a high temperature. What resulted were greasy, fatty pucks of potato, of an almost hashbrown-like texture, with tiny bits of brain matter and sweetbread. It was delicious. Slog knew he would take this idea all the way to market.

This actually sounds like it would taste pretty decent. Like bacon-y hashbrowns.

"Stuff tastes like skunk piss and donkey spunk, but it'll put hair on your chest, by Jev. You can order a Republica around here at any bar, but it won't earn you any respect. My baby boy drank Republica before he drank cow's milk. If you're going out with the boys and you want to get shitfaced like a real man, everyone around these parts knows you ask for a T-Lag."

This is just absolutely astounding. Well done again.

"T-Lag" had a 15% alcohol content,

Jesus Christ, that's not a beer, it's basically fucking tomato schnapps.