Explain the AH Quote

"What does it say that Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader won the election with the runner-up being Reform Party candidate Ross Perot instead of the Democrats or Republicans?"
Line uttered by Larry King in reference to the monumental 2000 presidential election. The election itself was monumental due to the surprise success of the Green and Reform parties. This would become less surprising in hindsight however as the months leading up to the 2000 election would be marked by controversy and personal issues in the lives of Al Gore, who would go on an alcohol and grief fueled tirade against various conservative groups not long after the sudden death of his wife in a car accident. George Bush on the other hand would be arrested due to a hunting incident in which he accidentally shot another man who he had mistaken for a deer. These incidents would severely damage the reputation of both men, costing them both the election.

"While the fact that an ethnically Arabic man won the U.S. election is quite surprising in of itself, I feel the fact Asfour won at all was aided by the fact he is a Chaldean."

"While the fact that an ethnically Arabic man won the U.S. election is quite surprising in of itself, I feel the fact Asfour won at all was aided by the fact he is a Chaldean."
Amani Asfour squeaked a win the 2006 election despite the increasing tensions with al-Zuhur to the south, largely on the basis of the heavily Catholic votes from Quebec and Mexico. However, he was modestly unpopular in the rest of the country, and the backlash vote of 2008 not only put the PPP back into power on both state and national levels, but shattered the Kurzian Party of America.

"While the fact that a racially Moriquendi being won U.A. election is surprising, his Sindar heritage probably allowed this."

"While the fact that a racially Moriquendi being won U.A. election is surprising, his Sindar heritage probably allowed this."
A line from the novel "Twilight of Monarchs" in the series "Modern Middle-Earth." An urban fantasy that postulates what if the Elves, Orcs, Dwarves and other fantastical races returned to the modern world around the year 2000 AD and the adjustments that came with the restoration. It showed the rise of several new nation states and various events, such as an army of ents controlling the Amazon Rainforest.

"I can't believe we're getting a Marvel and DC crossover theatrical film! I mean, I know there was the JLA/Avengers crossover, but the plot in that was so-so, though having Spider-Man join the Justice League and be considered canon in both was worth it!"

A line from the novel "Twilight of Monarchs" in the series "Modern Middle-Earth." An urban fantasy that postulates what if the Elves, Orcs, Dwarves and other fantastical races returned to the modern world around the year 2000 AD and the adjustments that came with the restoration. It showed the rise of several new nation states and various events, such as an army of ents controlling the Amazon Rainforest.

"I can't believe we're getting a Marvel and DC crossover theatrical film! I mean, I know there was the JLA/Avengers crossover, but the plot in that was so-so, though having Spider-Man join the Justice League and be considered canon in both was worth it!"
The Nostalgia Critic's reaction to the announcement of Crisis in Two Universes, a theatrical live action film that brings in the Justice League and the Avengers to the silver screen while also continuing from the plot points presented in the earlier JLA/Avengers crossover. While the announcement was panned by critics as a film doomed to succumb to the 'curse of the crossover' in which crossover films would flop at the silver screen despite the production value placed into it. However, against all expectations by both critics and it's production staff , Crisis in Two Universes managed to exceed it's profit margins and was received well, becoming a blockbuster.

"Beautiful souls from all over the Federation are joining up to fight for the future."

"I'm doing my part!"

"I'm doing my part!"

"I'm doing my part!"

"I'm doing my part too!"

(laughter)

"They're doing their part, are you?"

"Join the Pretty Cures! Become a Legendary Warrior and save the Universe! Service guarantees Citizenship!"

Last edited:
"Beautiful souls from all over the Federation are joining up to fight for the future."

"I'm doing my part!"

"I'm doing my part!"

"I'm doing my part!"

"I'm doing my part too!"

(laughter)

"They're doing their part, are you?"

"Join the Pretty Cures! Become a Legendary Warrior and save the Universe! Service guarantees Citizenship!"

Quoted from the opening of Pretty Cure, one of the most famous sci-fi American cartoons of the late 90s. Even 30 years after its first airing, it's still extremely popular.

"Figures! Never let a bastard do the work of a proper Englishman! James, fetch me my rifle!"

Quoted from the opening of Pretty Cure, one of the most famous sci-fi American cartoons of the late 90s. Even 30 years after its first airing, it's still extremely popular.

"Figures! Never let a bastard do the work of a proper Englishman! James, fetch me my rifle!"

Rumoured to have been spoken by Charles Edward Benedict at the onset of British Intervention in The Slaver's Rebellion. The 1845 Texan Revolt against abolitionism soon spread throughout the Mississippi and Carribbean regions drawing the attention of Britain, France and Spain.

"If this is what you call mercy, we'll take our chances with Assyria"

Rumoured to have been spoken by Charles Edward Benedict at the onset of British Intervention in The Slaver's Rebellion. The 1845 Texan Revolt against abolitionism soon spread throughout the Mississippi and Carribbean regions drawing the attention of Britain, France and Spain.

"If this is what you call mercy, we'll take our chances with Assyria"
Last recorded words of King Josiah of Judea following his defeat at the Battle of Megiddo, 609 BC. Josiah, stunned by the harsh Egyptian terms, would subsequently flee to his erstwhile foe Assyria.

"If one enemy bomber reaches the Ruhr, then you can fill all my hovercrafts with eels!"

"If one enemy bomber reaches the Ruhr, then you can fill all my hovercrafts with eels!"
From a TL where because of butterflies Hungary joins the Allies by trading with England and the Americas and acts as a middleman between them and the USSR, spoken by Reg Cleese to some of its army members.

"Your face was the serpent, and my fists were Eve."

From a TL where because of butterflies Hungary joins the Allies by trading with England and the Americas and acts as a middleman between them and the USSR, spoken by Reg Cleese to some of its army members.

"Your face was the serpent, and my fists were Eve."
Spoken by Muhammad Ali after defeating Joe Frazier with ease in 1971- he meant that his fists were drawn to Frazier's jaw as Eve was attracted to the serpent.

"The best revolution is like a dinner party."

"The best revolution is like a dinner party."
A quote from the Vladimir Lenin, First Minister of the Russian Republic from 1919-1924. Lenin said that in reference to the nearly bloodless coup he launched in October 1917 against Kerensky, who against the will of the Russian People, had prolonged Russian involvement in WWI. Lenin, a believer in democracy and regulated capitalism, was nonetheless a radical pacifist.

With the help of mutinying soldiers, sailors and striking industrial workers, Lenin organized a march on the government. His 'like a dinner party' reference was because the coup itself was largely an extended arguement, followed by a brief scuffle, and ultimately everyone sitting down and coming to terms. In the end, Kerensky agreed to leave the war and sign a treaty with the Germans and Austro-Hungarians and call a convention to draft a constitution by February (Old Style) 1st 1918. Kerensky would later lose his election against Lenin in 1919.

So, then, this is treason! Cowards, every man among you! Will no one defend the honor of this flag?

A quote from the Vladimir Lenin, First Minister of the Russian Republic from 1919-1924. Lenin said that in reference to the nearly bloodless coup he launched in October 1917 against Kerensky, who against the will of the Russian People, had prolonged Russian involvement in WWI. Lenin, a believer in democracy and regulated capitalism, was nonetheless a radical pacifist.

With the help of mutinying soldiers, sailors and striking industrial workers, Lenin organized a march on the government. His 'like a dinner party' reference was because the coup itself was largely an extended arguement, followed by a brief scuffle, and ultimately everyone sitting down and coming to terms. In the end, Kerensky agreed to leave the war and sign a treaty with the Germans and Austro-Hungarians and call a convention to draft a constitution by February (Old Style) 1st 1918. Kerensky would later lose his election against Lenin in 1919.

So, then, this is treason! Cowards, every man among you! Will no one defend the honor of this flag?
Last words of George Washington as his broken army fled at Saratoga. His last-ditch attempt to plant an American flag in the soil to raise morale ended with his becoming a more conspicuous target and being shot moments later.

"Better the greatest city in the world die than that chicken!"

"Better the greatest city in the world die than that chicken!"
Said by King Thomas II of the United Kingdom of America during the great fire of New York. His favourite pet chicken got stuck in a tree during the fire and he insisted on having a group of firemen come to rescue it, even though all of them (plus many volunteers) were busy saving people and putting out fires. This was the last straw for many and the UKA became a republic. King Thomas was forced to abdicate and spend the rest of his life inprisoned.
"Daughters are so easy to forget."

Said by King Thomas II of the United Kingdom of America during the great fire of New York. His favourite pet chicken got stuck in a tree during the fire and he insisted on having a group of firemen come to rescue it, even though all of them (plus many volunteers) were busy saving people and putting out fires. This was the last straw for many and the UKA became a republic. King Thomas was forced to abdicate and spend the rest of his life inprisoned.
"Daughters are so easy to forget."
Alleged quote of Charles VI of Austria. Unable to convince the empire's nobility to let his daughter Maria Theresa succeed him, he had Charles VII, a Bavarian Wittelsbach, succeed him. Charles VII would rule Bavaria and Austria under personal union, and his son Maximilian III combined the two into a single realm. Fifty years later, Maximilian's descendants united most of Germany under the Wittelsbachs, ruling from Vienna.

"I may be safe in Elba, but I weep for France, remembering what was once said: Vae victis!"

Hope I have done this right...

"I may be safe in Elba, but I weep for France, remembering what was once said: Vae victis!"

Final line of dialogue from William Makepeace Thackeray's 1848 novel, first serialized over 13 months, To The Vanquished, which tells the story of a family on Elba who fall into the employ of the deposed Napoleon Bonaparte and his creation as King of Elba. The story spans a decade, with Napoleon as an unreliable narrator telling tales of his glory days as Emperor, culminating in his death as a result of gout, in the final chapter, with Bonaparte at deaths door, he is carried to the shore in a chair by the servants where he waxes lyrical about how he could have attempted to reclaim the Empire from the claws of Emperor Claude I, and the House of Malet.

"It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that a King in possession of an army, must be in want of a place of conquest ..."

(Yes, you formatted it right)
Hope I have done this right...

Final line of dialogue from William Makepeace Thackeray's 1848 novel, first serialized over 13 months, To The Vanquished, which tells the story of a family on Elba who fall into the employ of the deposed Napoleon Bonaparte and his creation as King of Elba. The story spans a decade, with Napoleon as an unreliable narrator telling tales of his glory days as Emperor, culminating in his death as a result of gout, in the final chapter, with Bonaparte at deaths door, he is carried to the shore in a chair by the servants where he waxes lyrical about how he could have attempted to reclaim the Empire from the claws of Emperor Claude I, and the House of Malet.

"It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that a King in possession of an army, must be in want of a place of conquest ..."
The opening line from Frederick the Great's memoirs Prideful War, Prejudiced Peace, chronicling his long military career.

"General Bonaparte. You're shorter than I expected."
"We have a job to do, Your Excellency- try not to upset him."

(Yes, you formatted it right)

The opening line from Frederick the Great's memoirs Prideful War, Prejudiced Peace, chronicling his long military career.

"General Bonaparte. You're shorter than I expected."
"We have a job to do, Your Excellency- try not to upset him."
The rumoured remarks of the Duke of Wellington and Lord Uxbridge during the ill-fated peace talks with Napoleon before the Battle of Waterloo.

"Britain is not a country with an navy, but an navy with a country"

"Britain is not a country with an navy, but an navy with a country"
A description of the British by the Franco-Germans in regrds to their grand navy and their colonies which serve as "Extranational ship ports", making money primarily off of their trade empire, but also noting the lack of unifying culture, at least not domestically. Also deragtory as referring to them as naval mercenaries.

"The Fourth Crusade has commenced and the Arian Christian kingdoms of northern Africa have already arrived to help the Byzantines to chase the Turks!"

"The Fourth Crusade has commenced and the Arian Christian kingdoms of northern Africa have already arrived to help the Byzantines to chase the Turks!"
Said by the Byzantine defenders right before the coalition of Arian Christians began warring with the Catholic Christians under the French banner. The various Arian tribes were defeated- as were the Byzantines, who had their city devastated, and it was conquered by the Ottoman Turks, who began spreading into Africa and Europe.
The Arians quickly accepted the full truth of the Quran; however, Europe continued to fight, especially in Muscovy for the Orthodox factions, who adopted the strategies and aid of the Golden Horde to hold off the Holy Armies. However, the wars of the Three Popes, and especially of the Protestant Revolt in 1050, fatally weakened Christendom. All Peoples of The Book were united under Islam in 10 Rajab 1153.

"But now apart from the law the unrighteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. True righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe."

"But now apart from the law the unrighteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. True righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe."
Opening line from A Good Truth a gnostic influenced philosophy book published in 1820 which claimed, among other things; That the trinity was a farce, reverence of saints is equal to the worship of false idols, and, most importantly, that the God of Abraham was in fact an usurper who desired to claim the honor of creating reality and attempted to erase the knowledge of the true creator Jesus. Somewhat contradictory to this line of thought however was that another major tenant is the idea that all deities ever worshiped or who will be worshiped were in fact Jesus, just misinterpreted and warped into false forms. The writer of A Good Truth a mister Guy L. Pendleton is largely believed to not have been an actual person, but instead a pen name of multiple individuals. This theory was supported by analysis of the actual text, which was noted by many scholars to show multiple distinct writing styles, with the only consistent detail being the actual details and teaching of the book itself. It is widely believed that a total of seven separate individuals were involved in writing the book, and given the knowledge displayed throughout and the overall language of the book, the individuals were most likely of a background which would have allowed access to various religious and philosophical texts not readily available to the common man at the time. The book was printed in a limited supply however, and today only 14 copies are known to exist, all in the hands of museums or private collectors.

"When dealing with people who take the idea of man being made in God's image as literal truth, my most common response is the idea that when the good book says we were made in His image, it does not mean that God look's like us, or that tattoos, piercing's and the like are defacing this, but that like God, we are given the gift of reason, the gift's of creativity and logic and philosophy. That is what the the Bible says. Of course this argument can also prove useful when the question of extraterrestrial or even extradimensional life arises."

"When dealing with people who take the idea of man being made in God's image as literal truth, my most common response is the idea that when the good book says we were made in His image, it does not mean that God look's like us, or that tattoos, piercing's and the like are defacing this, but that like God, we are given the gift of reason, the gift's of creativity and logic and philosophy. That is what the the Bible says. Of course this argument can also prove useful when the question of extraterrestrial or even extradimensional life arises."

President Walker Bush discussing various aspects of his faith in an interview after becoming the first President of the Reform Party to win. The son of former President George HW Bush, he went by Walker as a way to seperate himself from his father and underwent drastic growth due to forming an odd friendship in Carl Sagan, who he saw as an older brother. He would found the Carl Sagan Texas Institution of Science, Education and Philosophy before becoming President under the Reform Party in 1996. He would win reelection in 2000 against GOP's Pataki and the Dem's Tom Harkin. While he supported his brother Jeb in 2008, after the Great Recession and its association to the GOP, he ended up supporting the Democrat candidate and later victor Russ Feingold in 2012 regarding economic policy over Jeb and Reform Party candidate Joe Manchin.

"It's an arrangement we made with our friend Mexico. They get the Catholics like the Italian immigrants and the Irish potato famine folk, which helps build their population up north and it means we can allow our preferred choices to settle here in the US. This surely cannot backfire on us!"

Last edited: