The Economic Clans are in essence the Mafia. They just also have legitimate businesses as well as being a bunch of submachine gun toting animals.
maybe this can be the decade where new economic clans are born, and this time there wilder and more mafia-like then even the old economic clans. also, do the Pinkerton exist in this world?

maybe this can be the decade where new economic clans are born, and this time there wilder and more mafia-like then even the old economic clans. also, do the Pinkerton exist in this world?

As for new clans, I totally agree, I'm hopeful to see more of them, especially if they go even more nuts. As for the Pinkerton's, private armies that make them look tame are all the rage.

Off topic, but tonight I found a passage in the Old Testament that really helped me understand why our glorious Union must subdue so many of our wretched neighbors. Hope it blesses the hearts of you, my fellow Patriot-Comrades :happyblush
PSALM 118:10-12, 24

10: All nations surrounded me;
in the name of the Lord I cut them down!

11: They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;

12: They surrounded me like bees;
they went out like a fire among thorns;

24: This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Off topic, but tonight I found a passage in the Old Testament that really helped me understand why our glorious Union must subdue so many of our wretched neighbors. Hope it blesses the hearts of you, my fellow Patriot-Comrades :happyblush
PSALM 118:10-12, 24

10: All nations surrounded me;

11: They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;

12: They surrounded me like bees;
they went out like a fire among thorns;

24: This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Hinn-Nashville.jpg

EDIT: Closest thing to a Madnessverse IRL:

Last edited:
What's the religious demographics of the RU/NUSA look like at different points? Clearly the AFC is and pretty much always has been a huge influence, but there's been repeated mention of minor push-back, the recent mentions of Presbyterians, and the ever-present Jewish minority of the Union.

What's the religious demographics of the RU/NUSA look like at different points? Clearly the AFC is and pretty much always has been a huge influence, but there's been repeated mention of minor push-back, the recent mentions of Presbyterians, and the ever-present Jewish minority of the Union.

Although I obviously don't speak for Napo, I feel like all the other Protestants have either converted or fled to Carolina, especially the Presbyterians given that particular denomination's influence here historically.

You know, Hellsing Ultimate really is the RU's perfect anime. All you'd have to do is switch the story roles of the neo-Nazis and the Vatican.

11084277_1147382008626718_1534504377726220936_n.jpg

(This proud Catholic just heard about Camp 222 :eek:)

Last edited:
I bet Catholics are the second largest Christian minority, the RU has seemed to treat them quite well throughout this TL...

Hilariously enough, I NEVER watch anime, but I did watch Helsing the other day with a buddy.

I would say an overwhelming majority of people belong to the AFC. Probably around 85 to 90 percent. Italy OTL is 87 percent Catholic. Probably about 5 percent are Jewish. So about 10 percent are everything else. Keep in mind, though, that you have to be AFC to get anywhere, so lots of nonbelievers are posing as loyal acolytes

Meanwhile, holy freaking cow, this video is literally AFC. Skip to 6:50 and just listen to this. It's 100% something that would come out of the Madnessverse. Dude literally says point blank and casually that he has seen the face of Christ.

One quote from Tipton IRL says, "I can take any part of the Bible and turn it into something about prosperity."

Sound... F A M I L I A R ?

upload_2019-7-15_1-38-12.jpeg

"FREEDOM AND PRAWPERTY FOREVAH."

Last edited:
Skip to 6:50 and just listen to this. It's 100% something that would come out of the Madnessverse. Dude literally says point blank and casually that he has seen the face of Christ.

You know he actually sounded half-sane with the "sorry folks, but Jesus was surprisingly a Middle Eastern Jew" but then he started laughing maniacally at the thought of the Lord smiting people's faces :/ And damn, it's the "mambabosulukulasata" guy! Knew I recognized him from somewhere.

You know he actually sounded half-sane with the "sorry folks, but Jesus was surprisingly a Middle Eastern Jew" but then he started laughing maniacally at the thought of the Lord smiting people's faces :/ And damn, it's the "mambabosulukulasata" guy! Knew I recognized him from somewhere.

Everything about him is perfect for this TL. I'll probably base a character on him at some point. I always knew about him and I'd heard him preach, but I forgot the only thing he preached about was prosperity and "If you send me 1000 dollars that's an act of faith! And God will respond to this faith by giving you a Rolex watch wrapped in velvet sitting on the dash of your BRAND NEW 1988 CADILLAC. YOU GET A CADILLAC! YOU GET A CADILLAC! EVERYONE GETS A CADILLAC! gib monies to me first please tho."

That sort of message is exactly what the Union is becoming already, even in the 20s-30s. "JEHOVAH wouldn't want his PINNACLE MAN to be driving some beat-up 1910 Rollarite. THE BLOOD OF ADAM will drive a baby blue 1935 HIMMLER & HESS ROADFUHRER, WITH THE HEAVENLY ROAR OF 16 CYLINDERS A-FIRIN' AND A-BURNIN' AND ANNOUNCIN' HIS BLESSINGS THAT THE LORD HAS LAID DOWN UPON AND BESTOWED TO THIS, HIS CHOSEN! MAMBALOSULUKUTU! AMEN!"

It writes itself.

Last edited:
but I forgot the only thing he preached about was prosperity

Well clearly you forgot that WE'VE SEEN MIDGETS GROW
And in case you're skeptical IT'S NOT FAKE IT'S FAITH

"God has anointed me to break the curse of poverty..." His messaging is generally on point for when the RU's on a roll, but when the economy slows down this kind of talk could rouse quite the lot of rabble.

Last edited:
Although I'm definitely a 50's/early 60's man myself when it comes to retro looks, I fully support TTL's eternal 70's. Everyone is going to be high out of their goddamn minds, shirt collars are going to be the size of jet wings, people are going to be buying shit like crazy, the amount of free sex going on would make us blush, and the whole show is being run by an insane fascist dictatorship that's trying to compete with the big dogs in the Multidimensional Genocide League. Honestly, WMIT is basically becoming the setting for a dystopian movie/novel from the 1970's. Oversexed, unshaved, hyper-materialist, drug addict Commie-Nazis y'all!
I support it for both its originality and genius and the fact I really enjoy psychedelic rock and this may become an “eternal genre” in the “eternal 70s.”