The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Does anyone have a good strategy for Wallace in '68? The closest I've gotten is winning a huge part of the South (SC, NC, TN, normal Wallace states), and helping Humphrey take Texas. However, Nixon ended up winning with exactly 270 EV.

Does anyone have a good strategy for Wallace in '68? The closest I've gotten is winning a huge part of the South (SC, NC, TN, normal Wallace states), and helping Humphrey take Texas. However, Nixon ended up winning with exactly 270 EV.

Don't know whether this is good advice or not, but embracing the Great Society could work. You could pick Chandler as a running mate and run as if you were Huey Long.

Don't know whether this is good advice or not, but embracing the Great Society could work. You could pick Chandler as a running mate and run as if you were Huey Long.

I believe the best strategies for Wallace involve going as liberal on economics and the Great Society as realistically possible while being strong on crime and race; to pick up the most potential voters.

Boo ya!

I'm surprised Utah voted for me despite my professed love of Bill Clinton, banning of all guns/repeal of the 2nd Amendment and going out of my way to piss off conservatives at very single turn....during all of my visits to Utah. One pro-liberal rally in Texas was enough to even swing that state out of my column.

Last edited:
I believe the best strategies for Wallace involve going as liberal on economics and the Great Society as realistically possible while being strong on crime and race; to pick up the most potential voters.

From my experience it seems easiest to stick to the Carolinas and Tennessee, being super hard on race and pro-vietnam while being sorta lukewarm, or cautious on the Great Society and Economics. It's not really being against, it seems more to just be doing the answer that gives the least praise to the Democrats and Johnson.

That would be the mother of all political nightmares if something like this had actually happened in real life...

Can you imagine someone winning the Presidency by 190 votes in Florida even though they lost the popular vote by over a million votes?

There could very well be huge riots. It would be like the 60s all over again.