Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few do--that's mostly what the independents are. But the parties serve as important pillars of society out on the frontier. Well, mostly it's the unions, social groups and business associations affiliated with the parties that serve that role, and then they get their members to vote for the parties. The power of the duopoly is one of the things that defines America and binds its people together across the Solar System.
So the Independents are actually not really Independents?

And ah. That's just scary. Certainly a big change from what you originally had.

Got bored, so I threw this together.

Untitled-1_zpsec461bfb.png
Interesting. So, what exactly happened to get this result?

A pessimistic prediction for my country.

Lula ends up disputing the presidency in 2018 with Joaquim Barbosa, Aécio Neves and Jair Bolsonaro. Barbosa and Neves split the moderate opposition vote and Bolsonaro ends up in second place. France 2002 is the result. :eek:

bolsolula.png

The 1867 Election

Lincoln wouldn't be a Liberal, surely? He used to be a member of the American Whig Party, which its leaders such as Daniel Webster called "our conservative party". Lincoln furthermore was a staunch protectionist who believed in active government aid to emerging industries, this in a time in which liberal was largely synonymous with laissez-faire capitalist. This is not at all different from the attitude of John A. Macdonald of Canada nor his Conservative Party.

Indeed, I would have assumed that had they been politicians in the same country, Lincoln and Macdonald would have been close political allies and cooperators.

A pessimistic prediction for my country.

Lula ends up disputing the presidency in 2018 with Joaquim Barbosa, Aécio Neves and Jair Bolsonaro. Barbosa and Neves split the moderate opposition vote and Bolsonaro ends up in second place. France 2002 is the result. :eek:

That's not depressing, Bolsonaro winning is depressing...

A little something I came up with while doing some research for a presentation I did about the Wounded Knee Incident... So here is New Mexico governor Russell Means!

Russell Means NM.png

Last edited:
A Libertarian actually winning something, let alone a Governorship? Wow.

A Native American Libertarian winning a Governorship ^^ But yeah, this is unlikely as hell but since he attempted to run for that office, I wanted to give him that job for once, even though he is such a divisive figure.

I remember someone, I think TB, did a British election with Labservatives against the Liberal Democrats (basically the combined might of the main two versus the Liberal Democrats). I kind of want to do something like that but with the various third parties that sprang up. Most of them would look like Belorussian elections but it would be an interesting look into some years (1912, 1968, 1992) as to how the "establishment" was challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.