"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

Surprisingly, the line where Chuckie Oswald / JFK invites the American people to "hail the fittest" hit me as one of the greatest allohistorical ironies of this timeline. A little too many barbiturics this morning, right Mr. President? :p

Washington's sterility and Stalin's misshapen arm were butterflied away so that might as well.

Hi, Napoleon. I have a question about the last chapter: since it's set in December 1956/January 1957, does this mean that 1956 is concluded ? (I ask it because I want to know if I can post my second chapter about Italy).

Washington's sterility and Stalin's misshapen arm were butterflied away so that might as well.

ATL JFK's back conditions may be better than his historical counterpart's, but I'm not at all persuaded that the President of the NUSA is above smoking, gulping or injecting in his arm suspicious substances. Just look at the second image in the "Cold Steele" update: Oswald is eyeing the American flag as if it is a baguette-sandwich with six different kinds of meat! :p;)

Surprisingly, the line where Chuckie Oswald / JFK invites the American people to "hail the fittest" hit me as one of the greatest allohistorical ironies of this timeline. A little too many barbiturics this morning, right Mr. President? :p

Lol! :D It hadn't even struck me how hilarious and ironic that is indeed.

Whats happening with the European Alliance members? Also, how long is it before the world's cleansed with glorious, GLORIOUS nuclear sunshine and happiness?

Oh, that'll get covered in the next chapter, which will be about Europe (especially Ireland and the British Isles).

The other nations need to get nukes first, and the Union can't just throw theirs left and right because they need however many they have left to stockpile in case of SHTF.

The United States ended with a noose and was reborn with the NUSA. I do hope that we see many things with neckties and lynching. Not because I like killing but because of the possible puns.

It was an accidental pun on my part, but when I looked at it I cracked up laughing. :D

This is a good question. Oswald/JFK's health problems might not be as bad as OTL, but I'm thinking about giving him replacement illnesses. I do indeed plan on making him a painkiller addict.

Hi, Napoleon. I have a question about the last chapter: since it's set in December 1956/January 1957, does this mean that 1956 is concluded ? (I ask it because I want to know if I can post my second chapter about Italy).

Nope, next couple chapters will probably be set in 1956. This was just finishing up 1956 in North America.

ATL JFK's back conditions may be better than his historical counterpart's, but I'm not at all persuaded that the President of the NUSA is above smoking, gulping or injecting in his arm suspicious substances. Just look at the second image in the "Cold Steele" update: Oswald is eyeing the American flag as if it is a baguette-sandwich with six different kinds of meat! :p;)

Yep, Oswald's going to be a drug addict. Probably amphetamines and cocaine. He's going to be one messed-up cookie. :p

Last edited:
11716791144_f58fdfb84e_o.png

:p:D

/shameless plugging/ Don't forget to nominate/vote, guys! And after all the posters and videos and such, I say we have a fair chance of winning the artwork category. :D Go Madness!

Last edited:

Zachanassian

Gone Fishin'
You're posting updates faster than I can read them. Stop it. ;)

Anyway, excellent update. I have to admit I have no idea where you're going with this now, except that this might be turning into the backstory for Fallout.

Yep, Oswald's going to be a drug addict. Probably amphetamines and cocaine. He's going to be one messed-up cookie. :p
As if he isn't already.

/shameless plugging/ Don't forget to nominate/vote, guys! And after all the posters and videos and such, I say we have a fair chance of winning the artwork category. :D Go Madness!

*Salutes* Jawhol, mein Kaiser!... Umm, where would the vote to anyways?

You're posting updates faster than I can read them. Stop it. ;)

Anyway, excellent update. I have to admit I have no idea where you're going with this now, except that this might be turning into the backstory for Fallout.

I'm making up for two months of inactivity. ;):D

Danke! The ultimate endgame of this TL is still a secret, but it will definitely be unexpected and worth the wait.

*Salutes* Jawhol, mein Kaiser!... Umm, where would the vote to anyways?

You can nominate it here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=301608 Don't forget artwork is a category, too, which includes propaganda posters and the like. :D The actual voting for who wins starts later this month.

Just spent the last few days catching up on this, and I am sorry I didn't find it sooner. Great, if warped, timeline Napoleon. Keep up the good work.

Interesting new update. Its good to hear to RU/NUSA has a chance of collapsing what with this new terrorist insurgency and all. :D Not to mention Chuck Oswald's health problems and drug addiction. If he OD's there will be a huge power vacuum and all, and a potentially huge civil war in the Union. It'll be an udder bloodbath, but at least the Union still has a chance to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Excited to hear more about Europe. When all the 1956 updates are done, a map will be up. :cool:

I'll be sure to nominate this. This is most definitely one of my all time favorite timelines on this site. This timelines even better than your other major work American King, and thats saying something considering I really loved that timeline as well (I just like this one just a wee bit more thats all :)).

As for posters and flags form TTL, I'll be nominating those as well. One of my favorite flags for example was the Custer Youth Brigade flag, among others that will come to mind soon.

Also, where did that poster originally come from?

Just spent the last few days catching up on this, and I am sorry I didn't find it sooner. Great, if warped, timeline Napoleon. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot, Pieman! :D Glad to have you as a reader.

I nominated your TL mon Kaiser!

Thank you, EVC!

Excited to hear more about Europe. When all the 1956 updates are done, a map will be up. :cool:

I'll be sure to nominate this. This is most definitely one of my all time favorite timelines on this site. This timelines even better than your other major work American King, and thats saying something considering I really loved that timeline as well (I just like this one just a wee bit more thats all :)).

Also, where did that poster originally come from?

Sweet! I can't wait to see how 1956 looks in the end on the map. I've made quite a few insane territorial exchanges. :cool:

Thanks a lot, Zoid! :D You were a pretty die-hard fan of AKII, so that really means something. This TL went from being a part-time, for-fun, quasi-spin-off of American King II to an even bigger, more expansive, fully-realized alternate universe. I think the thing that makes this TL better is that it has more of a plot, where things are more character-centric, instead of a just a record of what happens. The characters are deeper and more human in this, I'd guess you'd say.

I'm not sure what that poster was originally. I found a version that someone edited to be making a political point against post-911 America, but I'm sure it's an actual poster from something else.

Preview of the Europe chapter! :D Third English Civil War. :eek:

BLOODBATH IN EUROPE
article-2226078-054D4D220000044D-474_638x459.jpg

Prussian Imperial troops march through Frankfurt, capital of the Confederation of the Rhine

DISASTER AND ANARCHY IN THE BRITISH ISLES:

In early 1956, English and Scottish forces began to make headway into Ireland. King Dominic's men were finally starting to lose hope on victory and were getting closer and closer to being pushed into the Atlantic. However, an apocalyptic event was about to occur which would all but stop the fighting in Ireland. Ireland's gigantic biological and chemical weapons facility in Killorglan was accidentally bombed by the English Aeroforce. This was a mistake of unprecedented magnitude. A anthrax-type weapon escaped, spreading rapidly among civilians and soldiers alike. It covered the countryside in days, killing thousands and sending the opposing armies into panic. Along with the anthrax, several other weapons were unwittingly released, including a cloud of mustard gas over five miles wide which blanketed Killarney and killed half of its citizens. Civilization broke down as people murdered each other over gas masks and canned food.

But the worst was yet to come. A fairly obscure 19th century illness was apparently making a comeback. Known simply as the "Scottish Influenza," the disease caused 500 Scottish soldiers in Glasgow to become deathly sick. In weeks, it was ravaging the British Isles. Wagons roamed the streets of every town to collect the bodies of the plague's victims. Ireland, already on the verge of breaking down into total lawlessness, was at last pushed over the edge. Dominic fled by boat to Normandy, and Churchill halted the invasion. A week later, on July 2nd, while the Battle of Gettysburg was raging in America, Churchill himself came down with the illness. Over the next several months, he battled the illness while still trying to control the war effort, but on November 5th, 1956, just days after the passing of Joseph Steele, Winston Churchill passed away in Oxford at the age of 82. As his followers and opponents began to turn violent in their attempts to take his place, the Third English Civil War was about to begin.

Last edited:
Prussians in Frankfurt!? Yay! Heil dir im Seigerkranz! Herscher des Vaterlands! Heil Kaiser dir!

DIE, ENGLISH REPUBLICAN SCUM. DIE. :D:D:D

this is not going to end well, is it?

Why of course it won't, where's the despair and misery in that, and remember kids, if you read despotic stories, one must A) expect the worst, and B) abandon all hope for a better future, for in the grimdarkness of the Timeline, there is only carnage, genocide, and the twisted, insane laughter of megalomaniac dictators.;)

Zachanassian

Gone Fishin'
Man, when you said this timeline was a "everyone-screw" you weren't joking.

I don't know how to feel about Prussians in Frankfurt. I can't remember if Prussia is manically genocidal or not.

Nice sneak preview of the Europe update. Shits really hit the fan now what with Biochemical weapons being unleashed over the Irish countryside and beyond. :eek: Not to mention, the Scottish Flew, which I assume is an analog of the Spanish Flew. Lastly, I can't wait to hear about the Third English Civil War. Please tell me we'll be Beutelist English Republic. :D:cool:

Also, just thought I should tell people that I'm compiling this in Finished Timelines and Scenarios, with Napoleon's permission of course. :) I'm already up the eaerly 1830's.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=301192

Deleted member 14881

Dear God, it is looking like a dieselpunk version of Fallout! Also is Chuckie Oswald going to order development of an Scud or V-2 missile?