When You Wish Upon a Star: Comment Thread

Need help to find the rest of the original post.I understand it runs 79 pages.I just want the portions of Disney up to around 1960.Can you site the pages with the story line only?Thanks.Good story!

I devoured this entire story so far over the last few days, and actually registered on this forum just so I could tell you how awesome it was. I'm a big fan of alternate history, but the pickings of real quality work are pretty slim IMO (I even find a lot of Harry Turtledove's work to be pretty silly sometimes). But this is everything I look for: a single allowance of a far-out concept to get the story rolling, followed by a thoughtful look at what the repercussions might be.

A few others have asked what's happening with various real life figures, and there's one that hasn't been addressed yet that I'm a bit curious about: Alex Haley. His early successes (writing articles for Playboy (including an interview with George Rockwell!) and co-writing The Autobiography of Malcolm X) have already been taken from him, so there's no way Roots is in the future even without regarding the shattered race relations. But what has he been doing instead?

I just wish this timeline were updated. I want to know what Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones are doing.

pnyckqx

Banned
I just wish this timeline were updated. I want to know what Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones are doing.
Seeing as how Springsteen is all of 12 or 13 years old at this time, he's probably not doing much. The Stones --if they're even playing under that name-- are in the UK, so they're not too affected. Dylan is the wildcard because the folk/protest movement is as dead as the civil rights movement.

The topic came too soon...if the author wasn't planning on at least releasing one more update since the initial post, he really shouldn't have released this one at all.