Remnants of Rome

I don't skip the texts I think the updates are pretty good unhonestly

about russia yes becuase of the Mongolian invasion it protected russia from the expanding states of lithuania and poland but becuase of this it was largely influenced by chinese (mongolian) autocracy and emperorship not individualism that the western and middle western states were going through. Until it was the 19th century they weren't truly westernnized but if Poland and Lithuania are not so powerful in the time of Kieven Russia maybe you can create a much much more powerful Russia.... And if there is a mongolian invasion during a more powerful Keiv the mongolians probably won't be able to defeat them

Basically the Mongols screwed Russia.

And I agree. God damn Mongols. :mad:

Basically the Mongols screwed Russia.

And I agree. God damn Mongols. :mad:

Well yes and no they protected russia from foreign conquror's
but they helped stymied the idea of a western russia

But yah those mongols they are assholes:mad:
(but still pretty cool:eek:)
Oh Xwarq I meant to say honestly not unhonestly

Well yes and no they protected russia from foreign conquror's
but they helped stymied the idea of a western russia

But yah those mongols they are assholes:mad:
(but still pretty cool:eek:)
Oh Xwarq I meant to say honestly not unhonestly

I had the impression that Russia was impossible to conquer....from the west.

Russian winters are a bitch from Napoleon to Hitler.

I had the impression that Russia was impossible to conquer....from the west.

Russian winters are a bitch from Napoleon to Hitler.

yes but for mongolians they have more of an idea of what they were dealing with and it was a hoard which was much more mobile then napoleon and hitler. And they were use to fighting in several different climates to the regular french soldier the mongolians in a 1 to 1 fight can beat them like cake.

At the time of napoleon Russia was to empty but the thing is russia developed a lot of mongolian tactics that were able to defeat napoleon. Correct me if I am wrong:)

yes but for mongolians they have more of an idea of what they were dealing with and it was a hoard which was much more mobile then napoleon and hitler. And they were use to fighting in several different climates to the regular french soldier the mongolians in a 1 to 1 fight can beat them like cake.

At the time of napoleon Russia was to empty but the thing is russia developed a lot of mongolian tactics that were able to defeat napoleon. Correct me if I am wrong:)

Actually they used scourched earth. I seem to remember them burning down Moscow to prevent the French from using it.

Actually they used scourched earth. I seem to remember them burning down Moscow to prevent the French from using it.

yah that was the usual tactics.
I think
honestly I think the reason why Mongols was able to conquor russia becuase Russia was probably geographically similiar to Mongolia.

This pretty much.

But I really think and hope that their should be a mongol invasion mabye not a successful one but a one where we can see that Russia toughens up honestly. The mongols toughened up russia, if they didn't they would probably become a fully western power.
This would honestly make them pansies. Not sterotipically though.

First of all, great TL, keep it going as long as you can.

Second of all, I know this comes completely out of left field but I sense a Magyar empire in the area of Russia.

First of all, great TL, keep it going as long as you can.

Second of all, I know this comes completely out of left field but I sense a Magyar empire in the area of Russia.
There will be a Magyar Empire. But it won't be in Russia (nor in Hungary for that matter).

Germany? Magyars, AWAAAAAAAAAAAAY! btw, I only say this because there seems not to be much going on in Germania.

I wonder how the groups like the Wends and Sorbs are doing? Because there was a major Slavic presence in Germany until quite recently.

not to be that dude who plugs his shit (even tho i'm about to :rolleyes:) but it would mean the world to me if the people reading this, especially members with who seem to possess some amount of expertise, would check out my Barbaria TL, cuz i need as much help as i can possibly get

not to be that dude who plugs his shit (even tho i'm about to :rolleyes:) but it would mean the world to me if the people reading this, especially members with who seem to possess some amount of expertise, would check out my Barbaria TL, cuz i need as much help as i can possibly get

I'v read some of your tl
it's nice but just wondering is spain going to be a battle ground or will the celtic culture from gual the greek culture from their colooniess and the pheonician culture of carthage create an advanced kingdom becuase it could happen

ANNI TORAMANORUM

The Vars and Qoktürüks seemed nigh-unstoppable. But a new powerful horde emerged from the East--the Khazartürüks. In 560, 50,000 Bulgars [1], led by Abuğil Qayan, Qayan of the Khazartürüks, invaded the Qoktürük Qayanate. 25,000 Bulgars headed directly west, much like the Vars original path into the Taurigothic Empire, while 25,000 Bulgars swooped south. The Vars failed to assist the Qoktürüks in any way; the former alliance was not true of heart, but just out of convenience. This turned out to be a mistake. By April 563, the Qoktürük Qayanate was a small tributary state to the Khazartürüks. In addition, after recruiting defeated Qoktürüks, as well as garnering the support of the Taurigoths, who disliked Qoktürük rule to say the least, the Khazartürüks had amassed a horde of around 103,000, mostly Bulgars with some infantry.

Soon afterward, Abuğil commenced an invasion of the Var Qayanate. According to some sources, the very ground itself trembled when all 103,000 Khazartürüks charged into battle. City after city were ransacked. Buw, Hus, and New Korsun, stripped of their wealth by the Vars, were now completely destroyed. Less than two years later, in December 564, the Vars fell to the Khazartürüks like the Qoktürüks had before them. The great Qayanate of the Vars became a small tributary state centered on the ruins of New Korsun. To consolidate their rule over the new lands they had gained from their two former enemies, the Khazartürüks encouraged the immigration and settlement of the Utigur and Kutrigur peoples to the east and northeast, who were nearly identical, culturally and ethnically, to the Khazartürüks. The Vars and Qoktürüks were doomed, and all the Qayans’ horses and all the Qayans’ men could not put the two Hordes back together again.

Faramondus II was a largely peaceful ruler. His son was completely different. Just one day after he succeeded to the throne in 566, Faramondus III demanded that Fhreinca, Langobardia, Niedrhein, and Burgundia be integrated directly into the Alemannian Empire. According to some sources, they succumbed to the demand and their rulers were allowed to rule as Duçues [2] until their peaceful deaths. According to other sources, their rulers were assassinated and realms forcefully integrated. Regardless of whether the four kingdoms were converted to Duçuedoms or simply absorbed, after that occurred, Faramondus III began the conquest of Germania.

Frysklan was once again attacked by 95,000 Alemannians. Faramondus III called himself a messenger from God for spreading Catholic Christianity to Frysklan’s pagans and Arians. The Loot of Gimburh [4], ordered by Faramondus III himself, showed otherwise. Nearly all of the city’s residents were killed or enslaved, and everything of value was taken. The Vlevo See [5] is said to have become red with blood during the three-day massacre. Alemannian forces completed the conquest of Frysklan in March 567 with the capture of Dokkum.

Faramondus III’s army then advanced into Sachsonland. Like Frysklan, Sachsonland was simply too disorganized and small of a state to thwart the Alemannian attack. In October 567, only six months after the invasion began, Sachsonland ceased to exist. Alemannian troops were then stationed in new forts built across the conquered lands. Faramondus III noted that the Angelanders appeared to have seized the northeasternmost reaches of Sachson territory. He, surprisingly, pursued a peaceful trading relationship with them. Some historians have hypothesized various reasons for this. Most historians, however, agree that he simply either didn’t want the poor, barbarian lands of Ange-Land, or felt his massive empire was large enough as it was, and difficult to administrate. Until 573, revolts occurred often in former Frysklan and Sachsonland. They were all brutally put down with murder, enslavement, and torture. Revolts essentially ended after the largest of those revolts, the Ninuecivitas [6] Rebellion, failed miserably and ended in the enslavement of everyone in the city, unless they resisted, in which case they were killed, and the destruction of the city itself, which would not be rebuilt until about two decades later. However, even though the peasants of Germania were no longer a threat, the royal court had made quite a few enemies out Alemannia’s nobles.

Sa’id Mohammed and his army continued up the Nile River. Mustafa conquered Trapezus and Toramana conquered Antiochia. They then began an assault into Anatolia. Meanwhile in November 560, Sa’id Mohammed captured Syene, subjugating Egypt. The Toramanid fleet, composed mostly of captured and refitted vessels, or hastily-built galleys, transported Sa’id Mohammed and his army to Cyrenaica where Sa’id would then lay siege to Cyrene.

After a bit more than a year, Cyrene and the majority of Anatolia fell to the Toramanids. In December 561, Abd-Xanthipos II Shapurid ceded all Toramanid-occupied land. As promised, Sa’id Mohammed was granted his own realm to rule. After the war, however, Toramana declared himself The One Rahbar and demanded that other Zoharist states surrender that title. The Shapurid and Sa’id Mohammmedan Rahbarates became Vahshilates [7], while the Abdahurids and and Kardarids now ruled Malkadoms [8].

The Holy Roman Empire was still hungry for land and power after the conquest and subjugation of the Picts. Pagan Goidel tribes inhabited the land of Hibernia to the west. Leo V and the newly elected Holy Roman Emperor, Zynno of Votadini, elected in 561 after the death of Genobephius II, commenced another Sacrapede, this time against the Goidels. The Second Sacrapede, beginning in March 562, saw the revival of the Testudo formation by the Holy Romans, for the Goidels nearly always began battles with a massive rain of arrows that, according to the sources of the time, blackened the sky.

The war lasted for several years, and by March 568, Hibernia was brought fully under Holy Roman control. The Goidels suffered, but not nearly as badly as the Picts. During the war, captured Goidels were enslaved, but once the war was over, the Goidels were allowed to live without the fear of being enslaved. The Holy Romans did however enforce their way of life on the Goidels, religiously and otherwise, and to do this, they set up several colonies. The largest of these were Eblana Coloniae on the site of ruined Eblana [9], Colonia Fidei in the northeast, and Colonia Zynoae in the southwest. Some of the Goidels were already Christians; they called themselves Patrickites, and assimilated rather easily into Britannic Christianity and were given land in the Holy Roman colonies.

After the Toramanids established a Grand Rahbarate, Alemannia founded a great empire, and the Khazartürüks brought the other two Türükic Qayanates to their knees, Europe and the Mediterranean were brought into a short time of peace. However the land of Sērēs [10] was not at all in peace... not at all...

[1] Khazartürük horsemen were called ‘Bulgars’.
[2] ‘Duçue’ is Alemannian for ‘Duke’. Dukedom was initially non-hereditary. Note, however, that Alemannian was simply a variant of Latin at that time, and the term ‘Dux’ was used most often.
[3] ‘Duçuedom’ is Alemannian for ‘Dukedom’. Again, that term was used infrequently at that time.
[4] ‘Gymburg’ was the capital of Frysklan.
[5] ‘Vlevo See’ is the Frysk name for the Lacus Flevo (Zuiderzee).
[6] ‘Ninuecivitas’ is Latin and Alemannian for ‘Nymwegen’ (a formerly Frysk city).
[7] ‘Vahshil’ and ‘Vahshilate’ derive from Greek ‘basileus’.
[8] ‘Malka’ comes from Aramaic and means ‘king’.
[9] ‘Eblana’ is Latin for ‘Dublin’.
[10] ‘Sērēs’ is China.

Last edited:
Map will be in this post.

Also, the reason Ireland only has a tiny amount of Christians is because much of St. Patricks saintly deeds were butterflied away.

remnants of rome20 - Copy.png

remnants of rome20 - Copy.png

Last edited: