Remnants of Rome

It does leave a little wiggle room for the Venedi Slavs to convert to Christianity. Maybe a favored Greek concubine to a Venedi warlord convinces the man to at least consider the possibility of worshipping the Christian God at least along with his pagan deities. Kind of like the story on how Clovis converted to Christianity.

That's why they considered southern Italy part of Greater Greece! :D Seriously there's still some Greeks in Italy today though they're a small minority.

And nice update

And the update provides some insight. :)

Some Zoharist converts wouldn't be unexpected now. Who knows, we could even have a Zoharists Bulgaria. ;)

I also suspect that many of the slavic successor states, especially in Greece, will begin the slow process of accepting Christianity, and to a lesser extent being influenced by Greek culture.

Just wondering, are Sarmatians at all present at this point? And also, just wondering how the Magyars and Avars are going to affect all this... I suppose I'm getting ahead of things aren't I?
The Sarmatians in OTL mostly became the Alans. The only ones that remained, remained in the Caucasus. That's where they remain in this time line. There were small groups in Ukraine that are now Taurigothic subjects and will likely assimilate within the next century.

Let's just say that the Avars are coming soon, but they will not be alone...

And the update provides some insight. :)

Some Zoharist converts wouldn't be unexpected now. Who knows, we could even have a Zoharists Bulgaria. ;)

I also suspect that many of the slavic successor states, especially in Greece, will begin the slow process of accepting Christianity, and to a lesser extent being influenced by Greek culture.

I'm still probably going to say that even if the Slavs end up becoming the majority through the Balkans, the various languages that are going to pop up are surely going to be heavily influenced by the Greek and Latin and Germanic languages. And I'm thinking more of how cool it would be to have a Greek Zoharist successor state gobbling up much of what would be Rumelia in our time-line.

The Sarmatians in OTL mostly became the Alans. The only ones that remained, remained in the Caucasus. That's where they remain in this time line. There were small groups in Ukraine that are now Taurigothic subjects and will likely assimilate within the next century.

Let's just say that the Avars are coming soon, but they will not be alone...
What are the religions of all the nations I mean we know that ERE and the SPQR are christian but what about the germanic states and the Venidi Slavs

I'm still probably going to say that even if the Slavs end up becoming the majority through the Balkans, the various languages that are going to pop up are surely going to be heavily influenced by the Greek and Latin and Germanic languages. And I'm thinking more of how cool it would be to have a Greek Zoharist successor state gobbling up much of what would be Rumelia in our time-line.

How many Greeks would convert to Zoharism in Anatolia though? Surely some, and maybe even the Greek aristocracy, but beyond that I don't see Anatolia being mass converted in only a few decades.

How many Greeks would convert to Zoharism in Anatolia though? Surely some, and maybe even the Grek atrocity, but beyond that I don't see Anatolia being mass converted in only a few decades.

Which would make it easy for Rhomania to conquer. Probably some of the local elite has converted to Zoharism but it'll take centuries to slowly get a majority. That alone gives Rhomania the advantage [whenever a figure like Justinian takes the throne] of reconquering most of Anatolia and maybe even Cyprus.

Which would make it easy for Rhomania to conquer. Probably some of the local elite has converted to Zoharism but it'll take centuries to slowly get a majority. That alone gives Rhomania the advantage [whenever a figure like Justinian takes the throne] of reconquering most of Anatolia and maybe even Cyprus.

So we want an emperor who can conquere a lot of core Rhomanian territory, however weakens the Empire to such a point that it can't even hope to hold any of it's conquered territory once said emperor dies? :p

So we want an emperor who can conquered a lot of core Rhomanian territory back, however weakens the Empire to such a point that it can't even hope to hold any of it's conquered territory once said emperor dies? :p

I was thinking someone who has the decency of reconquering most of Anatolia until he hits the perfect natural boundaries to set up a proper defense of the empire against those heathen Zoharists. As for the Balkans, the best I can see for the Rhomanians is to play off the individual Slavic states against one another and try reconquering parts of it bit by bit.

I was thinking someone who has the decency of reconquering most of Anatolia until he hits the perfect natural boundaries to set up a proper defense of the empire against those heathen Zoharists. As for the Balkans, the best I can see for the Rhomanians is to play off the individual Slavic states against one another and try reconquering parts of it bit by bit.

Oh, then certainly that's someone who they should have as emperor. ;)

Note that there has been no west-east Schism. There is just Britannic and Catholic Christianity (though there are some non-Chalcedonian semi-divisions there)

All of the island of Great Britain except for the Picts' lands is politically Britannic Christian and most of the inhabitants of those areas are Britannic Christian as well.

Many Frysklans and Niedrheins are Catholic but they are a minority.

Everything including, and south of, Langobardia, Burgundia, Alpicia, and Patava is demographically and politically Catholic Christian.

A large amount of Biohaemians are Catholic but the rulers are pagan.

The Huns are politically and somewhat demographically Catholic.

The Rhomaion are politically and demographically Catholic.

All of the native inhabitants of Greece and a somewhat-majority of the native inhabitants of Rumelia, Anatolia, the Levant, and Egypt are Catholic, with more and more Zoharism in the Levant and Egypt.

A very tiny amount of Slavs are Catholic. The rest of them, and their kingdoms, are Slavo-pagan

Some Taurigoths are pagan, some are Catholic, and a small amount are Zoharist or Jewish, with a slightly larger amount of Jews.

Pakistan is split between Hinduism and Zoharism.

India is mostly Hindu.

Note that there has been no west-east Schism. There is just Britannic and Catholic Christianity (though there are some non-Chalcedonian semi-divisions there)

All of the island of Great Britain except for the Picts' lands is politically Britannic Christian and most of the inhabitants of those areas are Britannic Christian as well.

Many Frysklans and Niedrheins are Catholic but they are a minority.

Everything including, and south of, Langobardia, Burgundia, Alpicia, and Patava is demographically and politically Catholic Christian.

The Huns are politically and mostly demographically Catholic.

The Rhomaion are politically and demographically Catholic.

All of the native inhabitants of Greece and a somewhat-majority of the native inhabitants of Rumelia, Anatolia, the Levant, and Egypt are Catholic, with more and more Zoharism in the Levant and Egypt.

A very tiny amount of Slavs are Catholic. The rest of them, and their kingdoms, are Slavo-pagan

Some Taurigoths are pagan, some are Catholic, and a small amount are Zoharist or Jewish, with a slightly larger amount of Jews.

Pakistan is split between Hinduism and Zoharism.

India is mostly Hindu.

You somehow implied the Taurigoth king converted to Judaism. ;)

It would be really interesting to have a map of religious demographics. :D
Well I'm not too pleased with the outcome but here you go:

remnants of rome15 religion.png

remnants of rome15 religion.png