That was a great chapter. It had everything. Cults, serial killers, terrible cops, good cops, and everything else for a good crime novel.

Nixon sleeping with Oswald’s wife should be less of a surprise. Even WMIT Nixon is better the Oswald. Hopefully, he won’t get hanged from a tree.

Tricky Dick and Reinhard Heydrich being the slightly less crazy and evil option simply because they're at least a big pragmatic has to be the most screwed-up shit in the multiverse.

Also, let me keep track:
--Heydrich and Nixon know that JFK killed Stalin's son, but not that it was on Stalin's orders.
--Gerald Ford is almost halfway decent and competent, for a racist fascist raised in the legally distinct from Hitler Youth.
--Stalin's daughter Jackie Kennedy is cheating on JFK with Tricky Dick.
--JFK is about to be named supreme leader and Heydrich and Nixon know (or "know") that he's fucking nuts and a danger to everyone around him.

This is freaking bonkers.

Tricky Dick and Reinhard Heydrich being the slightly less crazy and evil option simply because they're at least a big pragmatic has to be the most screwed-up shit in the multiverse.

Also, let me keep track:
--Heydrich and Nixon know that JFK killed Stalin's son, but not that it was on Stalin's orders.
--Gerald Ford is almost halfway decent and competent, for a racist fascist raised in the legally distinct from Hitler Youth.
--JFK is about to be named supreme leader and Heydrich and Nixon know (or "know") that he's fucking nuts and a danger to everyone around him.

Just another day in the Republican Union of America.

Also, let me keep track:

You just realized this? Now? This whole world has been freaking bonkers, that is the point.

The Reaper will probably be the most infamous serial killer in the RU for awhile but I imagine at some point we’ll get “The Cannibal”(a serial killer that eats people like Jeffrey Dahmer, Hannibal Lecter, and Learherface), and the Clown(some John Wayne Gacy type that lures children to kill them with nods to IT and M and others).

The Reaper will probably be the most infamous serial killer in the RU for awhile but I imagine at some point we’ll get “The Cannibal”(a serial killer that eats people like Jeffrey Dahmer, Hannibal Lecter, and Learherface), and the Clown(some John Wayne Gacy type that lures children to kill them with nods to IT and M and others).
We had a Charles Manson expy who was a self-proclaimed necromancer. It would fit perfectly with the eternal 70s vibe if we had a bunch of weird serial killers running around. Maybe a Zodiac reference somewhere?

Also, let me keep track:

And Chuck may be a Worm Cultist as well, his association with Wheeler and his reaction afterward was rather suspicious. I’m guessing that’s why Nixon and Hendricks are looking into what happened to Steele’s son.

frustrated King lamented the fact that no one seemed to even question as to if a Better of Society could be perpetrating the crimes
Yeah, that's the problem with telling people that all their problems come from the outside.
King gladly and personally made the arrest himself, picking her up for inciting a riot, false witness, and second degree murder. Parke would spend the next few years in a labor camp until her execution by electric chair in 1950.
That's awful. I suppose that is normal ITTL.
Nixon: "...Turn that tape recorder off."
Better sense than his OTL counterpart!
When Chuck found out that Nixon was behind it, he quickly seemed to regain his composure and admitted, "Dick would never do anything underhanded unless it was for the good of the country." He admitted that Wheeler was a friend from college and shipmate who fought alongside him and Lazarus Hubbard in South America. "He always tried to ride my coattails, and he's been fucked in the head since Colombia. I guess in his own way, he thought worshiping The Worm would give him power like mine. Or maybe he just really liked theatrics and eating people's eyes. Good riddance, at any rate." Oswald then announced he would be doing a "sweeping internal review" of old war buddies and hangers-on. As for when he thought Wheeler could have been radicalized, Chuck replied simply, "No clue."
A surprisingly reasonable reaction, all things considered.

Couldn't this cause some publicity problems for Oswald though?
What Hendrick now read left him deeply, deeply troubled.
Why? Does he find the action disturbing or the possibility that Chuck might do it to him?
What did he say?" Wyetta asked, rolling over in bed
And here we all thought Mr. Oswald would cheat first. Maybe Steele won't be so angry when he meets Oswald in Purgatory this way? Considering...
"I mean it, you know. And if you are ever unfaithful to my daughter, even once, I will have you grindered into a pile of organs and pulp."
Joe Steele gonna be in hell prepping his grinder for Oswald to meet him, LMAO.

Bit confused as to why Nixon is keeping this a secret from Wyetta. He doesn't know that Steele ordered the assassination and it seems like a good opportunity to get Oswald executed for treason, and then marry Wyetta himself to become the next in line to rule America.

Bit confused as to why Nixon is keeping this a secret from Wyetta. He doesn't know that Steele ordered the assassination and it seems like a good opportunity to get Oswald executed for treason, and then marry Wyetta himself to become the next in line to rule America.

He has to be dead certain on everything before he would act on anything. He knows everyone involved is a psychopath teetering on the edge of total insanity.

Last edited: