Explain the AH Quote

"I will never be part of your harem, you sick bastard!"

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice, Your Majesty. It's either that, or I will sacrifice your children to Quetzalcoatl."
Lines from the Iberian adventure film Sergio of Mexico III: The Feathered Terror. The United Kingdoms of Iberia became famous for its cinema scene, centered on the Gracia neighborhood of Barcelona. Gracia became synonymous with Iberian cultural domination over not just its former colonies in the Americas but much of the "civilized" world. The Sergio series, about the titular lovable rogue adventurer/archeologist/spy, remains beloved long after its inital screening, with 4 different actors portraying the character on film, with a further 3 playing him on TV.

These particular lines are said by the kidnapped Infanta Maria and the cartoonishly evil Lord Rodrigo, a recurring antagonist that represents the savagery and brutality of Pre-Spanish Mexico. Rodrigo would fall by the wayside as the primary antagonist of the franchise as various native groups within the Kingdom of Mexico protested his portrayal. Later installments and spin offs would add nuance to the character that the original quadrilogy was sorely lacking.

"Fuck the bloody city, and fuck the Emperor. I'm leaving."

EDIT: Ninja'd, my b

"There is nothing I do better than revenge!"

Leader of the Great Slave Rebellion John Brown in 1860, upon being asked if he believed he and his rebellion, which shocked the world with its successful overthrow of the state government of Virginia in the previous year, were truly ready to “face the wrath of the South” as in reaction to John Brown’s actions, plus Republican Abraham Lincoln successfully winning the presidential election of 1860, the Southern states began seceding en masse. Brown would later go on to die in 1862 due to a gunshot wound sustained by a Southern assassin.

"The fall of the Nazi-Confederate-South African Alliance was the greatest thing to ever happen to humanity!"

"The fall of the Nazi-Confederate-South African Alliance was the greatest thing to ever happen to humanity!"
Random activist commenting on the end of the Cold War between the Liberty Alliance and the Berlin Pact. This cold war, which ran from the 1860s well into 1997, saw two nuclear-armed powers engage in subtle political maneuvering to ensure the survival of their Ideology.
“Carry the vun! I always forget to carry zee vun!”

Random activist commenting on the end of the Cold War between the Liberty Alliance and the Berlin Pact. This cold war, which ran from the 1860s well into 1997, saw two nuclear-armed powers engage in subtle political maneuvering to ensure the survival of their Ideology.
“Carry the vun! I always forget to carry zee vun!”
Thomas Freienberg, a Free German soldier, enthusiastically requesting his British Comrade to carry extra munitions (codenamed "the one", each coalition unit had their own codenames for items to avoid potential French spies from giving away too much information). Freienberg always seemed to skimp on munitions given his role as a Chef. His comrades spoke highly of his culinary prowess in post-war interviews. Some have even postulated that Freienberg's dishes sparked the spiced schnitzel craze within coalition ranks, which carried over into a general taste for spiced cutlets after the war, indirectly leading to America's favorite food, the Spiced Beef Croquette.

"Well as far as preformance metrics go, I don't think this market is worse than the last quarter's in any way. Himitsu-Tanaka is up, Pranava is up, even struggling industries like hospitality are doing fine, just look at Daimé's stock. The one thing that could set off a depression, the Indian banks defaulting, hasn't happened"

"Oh wait, I'm getting a report. Looks like Bhumiya just filed for bankruptcy. The Japanese government is apparently preparing for the "contingency" of a downturn. Oh fuck, the Euro 600 just took a nosedive. No one said that would happen."

"Well, never mind what I just said gentleman, we are well and truly boned."

"Well as far as preformance metrics go, I don't think this market is worse than the last quarter's in any way. Himitsu-Tanaka is up, Pranava is up, even struggling industries like hospitality are doing fine, just look at Daimé's stock. The one thing that could set off a depression, the Indian banks defaulting, hasn't happened"

"Oh wait, I'm getting a report. Looks like Bhumiya just filed for bankruptcy. The Japanese government is apparently preparing for the "contingency" of a downturn. Oh fuck, the Euro 600 just took a nosedive. No one said that would happen."

"Well, never mind what I just said gentleman, we are well and truly boned."
The Korean finacial analyst Gyo Jae-Hwa calling the 1977 Financial Crisis in real time over the internet. Gyo had become famous for his broadcasting of financial analysis over the radio and later on TV, occasionally doing 24 segments where he took listeners through a day in the international market with his trademark dry wit and constant smoking. This particular call would become a cultural touch stone internationally, and "Well and Truly Boned" would be a widespread meme for many decades.

The crisis itself would follow a long period of speculation in the newly opened economy of the Empire of India by Japanese and European (primarily German) corporations. A collapse of Indian markets would precipitate financial disaster worldwide, except for the isolated economies of the member states of the American Farmer, Workers, and Peasants Forum, an alliance of Marxist based economies in North America, whose fortunes would see a second wind thanks to this financial disaster of Eurasian Capitalism.

"The movie sucks, George."
"I know it sucks, everybody knows it sucks, Hellen Keller could tell you it sucks. What I need from you is to help me figure out how to make it sell."

The Korean finacial analyst Gyo Jae-Hwa calling the 1977 Financial Crisis in real time over the internet. Gyo had become famous for his broadcasting of financial analysis over the radio and later on TV, occasionally doing 24 segments where he took listeners through a day in the international market with his trademark dry wit and constant smoking. This particular call would become a cultural touch stone internationally, and "Well and Truly Boned" would be a widespread meme for many decades.

The crisis itself would follow a long period of speculation in the newly opened economy of the Empire of India by Japanese and European (primarily German) corporations. A collapse of Indian markets would precipitate financial disaster worldwide, except for the isolated economies of the member states of the American Farmer, Workers, and Peasants Forum, an alliance of Marxist based economies in North America, whose fortunes would see a second wind thanks to this financial disaster of Eurasian Capitalism.

"The movie sucks, George."
"I know it sucks, everybody knows it sucks, Hellen Keller could tell you it sucks. What I need from you is to help me figure out how to make it sell."
Rumored to be a dialogue between George RR Martin and Alan Taylor, though both fiercely denied it and threatened to sue for slander and defamation upon hearing of such rumors.

"We both know you're wrong here, but you're too cowardly and prideful to apologize, so here we are - what do you want to do now?"

We both know you're wrong here, but you're too cowardly and prideful to apologize, so here we are - what do you want to do now
A remark by the French President to the American delegation during the Gascony Crisis, in which American troops were discovered training fascist military groups in order to incite civil war and hopefully get a subservient puppet in France. This was right on the heels of the Franco-American Split that ran parallel to the sino soviet conflict. France was the dominant European power at the time, due to having collaborated with the soviets to catch Germany off guard and break them, before the cold war started properly. As a result, america couldnt bring them to heel like britain, hence sponsoring the insurgent groups that would lead to the fallout.

"Excuse me prof... what the fuck?"
"I know johnson. I know."

"Excuse me prof... what the fuck?"
"I know johnson. I know."
Overheard dialogue between Adolf Hitler, Professor of Nuclear Physics at University of California Berkley, and his assisstant, Lyndon Johnson. The former had been caught packing his bags in preparation for the long trip to Los Alamos in 1942. While described as difficult to work with, Hitler was nonetheless brilliant in his field, and would meet his future wife Elaina Goldstein there.
“I cannot believe that the fate of this great empire rests on the back of someone who’s job was the raising and herding of Guinea Pigs!”
“I know Cortez! But Pedro is the only hope we have!”

“I cannot believe that the fate of this great empire rests on the back of someone who’s job was the raising and herding of Guinea Pigs!”
“I know Cortez! But Pedro is the only hope we have!”
Hernan Cortez and his friend Alfonso de Estrada after the start of the Great Aztec Rebellion saw New Spain brought to the brink of collapse. Cortez managing to use a guinea pig herder named Pedro as a distraction during a battle, managed to defeat the Aztec rebels and saw that the rebellion was stamped down and that the rule of New Spain was restored. As a result, the name of Pedro is hated in the Neo-Aztec Confederation today.

"Prime Minister!"
"Yes, what's the situation in Austria? Have they folded yet?"
"Er..no sir. They've decided to fight sir! And they're fighting pretty well! They're giving the Nazis a couple of black eyes, they are!"
"......What?"

"Prime Minister!"
"Yes, what's the situation in Austria? Have they folded yet?"
"Er..no sir. They've decided to fight sir! And they're fighting pretty well! They're giving the Nazis a couple of black eyes, they are!"
"......What?"

Italian Prime Minister Gabriele D'Annunzio and his aide, after receiving the news of Austria's declaration of war on Nazi Germany. Previously a neutral country (the so-called Switzerland of Eastern Europe), Austria joined the fight against the Nazis after finding out about Hitler's plan to absorbe it into a Greater German Reich and exterminate its Jewish population (something that didn't sit too well with the Austrian king, given that his mother was from a wealthy and ancient Jewish family).

"You want to know what One Piece would look like if I'd wanted to write a shonen? That's a very good question! First, it'd be way more cheerful..."

"You want to know what One Piece would look like if I'd wanted to write a shonen? That's a very good question! First, it'd be way more cheerful..."
A translated excerpt from Eiichiro Oda's 2010 interview about celeberating 10 years of writing of his seinen series known as One Piece, having started in 2000 and concluding over in 2015. The interview reached a question over how One Piece was originally planned to be a shonen, but Oda's concerns on the schedule and the like instead had him lead to a seinen series in Ultra Jump along with taking a bit of help from a team. This led to a darker and more serious One Piece than initially planned albeit with some of the recognizable elements of the original draft such as Luffy's comedic style of fighting with his Gum Gum Devil Fruit rubber body and the wonderful if eccentric world-building. However, the violence and sexual undertones were never skipped out upon and there was often melancholic moments on the Sea-Ram and later Thousand Dawn, the ships of the Strawhat Pirates. While characters were seldomly killed, the wounds and damages were accumulated and matters taken seriously

Some have noted this may have impeded the series as the varioua 4-koma would show much more of the cartoony facial expressions and comedy with One Piece that many felt was sorely needed to balance out the increasing drama and seriousness. Though the series never ventured into melodrama or angst, given Luffy's remaining prominent grin and the moments of quiet comfort the crew took with one another, even Zoro and Sanji putting aside their increasingly tense rivalry to have fun. There was still plenty of victories and celeberations such as saving Alabasta and Vivi's coronation to the destruction of Enies Lobby saving Nico Robin. At the same time, it was also seen from other interviews how he would feel a bit at a loss and even losing a passion for One Piece because of the direction of the seinen which his wife hinted at being because of the moe serious tone that would develop and being forced to follow up on that. Something that would become more apparent with the increasing volune of notes and potential ideas that would've been included, such as more crewmembers and the like. Despite this, the finale of having Luffy meet a similar end to Gol. D Roger albeit a bit more uplifting and inspiring a new generation is still considered a pivotal moment in One Piece, with the popularity only being surpassed by Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in terms of seinen and getting an animated series from Studio Bones.

In fact, some have speculated that had Oda chosen a shonen route, it would'e likely become one of Shonen Jump's Top 3, though it's debated whether it would've edged out Bleach or Fairy Tail in that regards. Though the most likely canddiate would've been Fairy Tail, due to the manga having borrowed some elements of One Piece regarding using a team to assist in writing, resuilting in a lot of smoothed errors, something that the mangaka of Naruto (the biggest of the Top 3) or Bleach regretted not having done. Many have also noted that even with the more stressful story, Oda likely would've been happier since he would've stuck to his original goofier ideas.

"The Japanese entertainment industry took their Western audiences alot more seriously in terms of relevance when many Youtubers and influencers proceeded to connect with Japanese fans and lead to a series of massive strikes from Nintendo to Shonen Jump."

Last edited:
"The Japanese entertainment industry took their Western audiences a lot more seriously in terms of relevance when many Youtubers and influencers proceeded to connect with Japanese fans and lead to a series of massive strikes from Nintendo to Shonen Jump."
An internet post in an internet forum about the downfall of Nintendo and Shonen Jump. Basically, most Japanese writers are working for western websites and vice versa, with companies in America becoming more Japanese and Japanese companies becoming more American.

The Empire of New Rome was recreated at the steppe lands of Anatolia. There, Hellenes, Alanians, Hungarians and Turks combined into the Artemians that reconquered the Eastern Roman Empire from the hands of the Mohammadeans. Finally, the Roman empire finally was able to grow from centuries of stagnation and decline, and created the foundation that resulted in their conquest of Persia and the colonisation of India.

The Empire of New Rome was recreated at the steppe lands of Anatolia. There, Hellenes, Alanians, Hungarians and Turks combined into the Artemians that reconquered the Eastern Roman Empire from the hands of the Mohammadeans. Finally, the Roman empire finally was able to grow from centuries of stagnation and decline, and created the foundation that resulted in their conquest of Persia and the colonisation of India.
An explanation of New Rome's rise to power by a Igbo history Textbook. Originally one of many of the revolts against the decaying Abbasids, it's decentralization and religious tolerance allowed it to conquer large swathes of the middle east. Eventually, the state centralized and reformed under an "Artemian Identity" and participated in the colonial period with the other Oceanic powers.

"We invoke Mzunwi-Nguma, he who correctly surmised the delusion-state and the imperfection of sense. Allow us to impose reality upon those who embrace the flawed senses. Allow us to show them the supreme eye."

Last edited:
An explanation of New Rome's rise to power by a Igbo history Textbook. Originally one of many of the revolts against the decaying Abbasids, it's decentralization and religious tolerance allowed it to conquer large swathes of the middle east. Eventually, the state centralized and reformed under an "Artemian Identity" and participated in the colonial period with the other Oceanic powers.

"We invoke Mzunwi-Nguma, he who correctly surmised the delusion-state and the imperfection of sense. Allow us to impose reality upon those who embrace the flawed senses. Allow us to show them the supreme eye."
From “Secrets of the Ada Infinitium”, the primary religious text of the Seers of the All-Seeing Eye. Originating in Soho during the 1960s, the religious order was a mishmash of African, Asian and UFO mythology that preached that thre happiness and enlightenment could only come through ritualistic canibalism and wild orgies. In 1970 it would make headlines when members of the cult assassinated the Queen of England.

“Kevin declares sovereign nation of Rockmania. Those who approach shall be hit with panzerfaust.”

From “Secrets of the Ada Infinitium”, the primary religious text of the Seers of the All-Seeing Eye. Originating in Soho during the 1960s, the religious order was a mishmash of African, Asian and UFO mythology that preached that thre happiness and enlightenment could only come through ritualistic canibalism and wild orgies. In 1970 it would make headlines when members of the cult assassinated the Queen of England.

“Kevin declares sovereign nation of Rockmania. Those who approach shall be hit with panzerfaust.”
A line from the book Rockmania whose author has never been identified. Known for its lurid prose and occasional switching from first, second and third person narratives, it is widely known and reviled but was created into a blockbuster film.

"I can put my own ring on my hand, thank you - I have never needed a romantic partner for that."

"I can put my own ring on my hand, thank you - I have never needed a romantic partner for that."

A line from "The lady of the rings", a female reboot of the LOTR movie series. Despite the cast (with Scarlett Johanson as the main character Arawin and Glenn Close as the evil sorceress Saura), the movie was a colossal failure.

"Asuka, I don't think we should..."

"Just do it, Baka-Shinji!"

A line from "The lady of the rings", a female reboot of the LOTR movie series. Despite the cast (with Scarlett Johanson as the main character Arawin and Glenn Close as the evil sorceress Saura), the movie was a colossal failure.

"Asuka, I don't think we should..."

"Just do it, Baka-Shinji!"
Lines from the live-action Neon Genesis Evangelion film, directed by James Cameron and executive-produced by long-time NGE fan Robin Williams, released in 2009. Cameron had initially intended to make a film named Avatar, but was talked out of it by executives at 20th Century Fox who were convinced technology was not sufficient to realize his goals for the project. A chance meeting with Williams led him to adapt the famous anime series. Unfortunately, the film was panned for its on-the-nose fan-pandering script and poor acting from its teenage leads, and its failure at the box office tanked Cameron's career.

"Heaven will record that I did everything I could. History will only record that I failed."

Lines from the live-action Neon Genesis Evangelion film, directed by James Cameron and executive-produced by long-time NGE fan Robin Williams, released in 2009. Cameron had initially intended to make a film named Avatar, but was talked out of it by executives at 20th Century Fox who were convinced technology was not sufficient to realize his goals for the project. A chance meeting with Williams led him to adapt the famous anime series. Unfortunately, the film was panned for its on-the-nose fan-pandering script and poor acting from its teenage leads, and its failure at the box office tanked Cameron's career.

"Heaven will record that I did everything I could. History will only record that I failed."
saying that was attributed to Japanese Emperor Hirohito. He attempted many times to negotiate peace with the Americans as the Pacific War drew to a close but was blocked out by the fanatics that surrounded him leading the war to its bloody conclusion. The allied invasion of Japan was a bloodbath for both sides and leave Japan so depopulated that some parts were annexed by Korea and China while the remainder was left be basically an American protectorate.

"One change swerved the course of history. The survival of the Song dynasty would eventually see China industrialize and even develop a limited monarchy as well as a vast trading empire. The Mongols were forced westwards and badly devastated both Europe and the Middle East."

"One change swerved the course of history. The survival of the Song dynasty would eventually see China industrialize and even develop a limited monarchy as well as a vast trading empire. The Mongols were forced westwards and badly devastated both Europe and the Middle East."
A passage from the documentary, The Song of Song. It is associated with the development of the concept of constitutional monarchy and its spread across the world. This is followed by scenes of Song's technological achievements during the titular period. The documentary, in whole, describes the rise and influence of the Song Dynasty in China on world history.

"Oh what's this... this is... Deaugh!"