Explain the AH Quote

Nobody? How about this one?

"How the Middle East became the cradle of the scientific method was one of the greatest curiosities"
A quote from a historical paper, written by a College student, reviewing the origin of Middle Eastern scientific dominance over EUrope, Asia, and Africa, becoming the true center of the world (even if not Geographically)

"Off all things that could happen, out off all the nations that could be offering their aid, why did it have to be the Germans?"

"Off all things that could happen, out off all the nations that could be offering their aid, why did it have to be the Germans?"
Dine Republic leader Ed Black Crane speaking on German Chancellor Adolf Hitler's offer. Hitler was a lifelong admirer of native americans, reading about them in western novels, but his racist nature made sure indigenous peoples didn't like him back.

"The biggest take away from this incident was that if you're a jerk, people will be less inclined to share things with you, such as the truth."

Last edited:
"The biggest take away from this incident was that if you're a jerk, people will be less inclined to share things with you, such as the truth."
Irish King Ronan II admonishing his son Finn for egoistic behaviour in 1943. It should be noted that the use of "jerk" here wasn't probably in the original quote and is rather a product of the story being told by second hand witnesses, although on the other side King Ronan II was known for being relatively blunt when reproaching his children bad actions. Years later, his elder son Finn I would inherit the throne and become a beloved monarch among the irish people due to his honesty, sense of duty and decisions in the context of the late 20th century European Cold War.

"This is why we can't always have nice things, Olga. Just some nights here and there, a casual encounter in this or that event, etc. And so the world won't find our thing. Being the Supreme Leader and having an affair with an actress is a little bit harder than how people imagine it, Miss Kurylenko"
- Kim Yo-Jong

"This is why we can't always have nice things, Olga. Just some nights here and there, a casual encounter in this or that event, etc. And so the world won't find our thing. Being the Supreme Leader and having an affair with an actress is a little bit harder than how people imagine it, Miss Kurylenko"
- Kim Yo-Jong
Excerpt from a compromat tape recoded in Rajin-Sonbong circa 2024 where Olga Kurylenko was filming. Unknown to the Supreme Leader of the DPRK the famed Soviet actress Olga Kurylenko was a honeypot trap. The compromising material was used by the Soviet Union to pressure North Korea during the 2026 Peace Talks between the DPRK, ROK and USA.

There exist two types of janitor in the office building: night janitors and day janitors. They can be distinguished by how they manifest themselves. The night janitors rest in closets during the day, among the brooms and mops, and do not emerge until dusk. The day janitors leave the building at twilight in large, unsmiling groups. The two types of janitor never meet—know each other only by their handiwork, the signs left in the patterns of swept floors, polished hallway lamps, changed light bulbs. They are as ghosts to one another. Each has created a mythology for the other—an act of faith. On the rare occasions when they by accident meet, they stare at each other as if seeing a stranger in the mirror, and to as much effect.

Only one janitor travels between the two worlds of night and day: the Head Janitor, he who works during both light and dark and rarely sleeps. It is the Head Janitor, bulked and bulky, tall and thick, who growls out orders in a gravelly baritone from between moistened lips, as much despot as cleaning agent. They listen as if to a force of nature; during the day, he comes to the night janitors in their closets as a premonition of darkness and they smile in their twisted sleep, dancing through the halls with mop and broom. He it is who gives voice to their thoughts, their desires, as he paces up and down the basement hallway, neither cleaned nor cleaner. “You shall not think of them as your masters,” he says to them. “You shall not think of them at all. Your work exists independent of them, without them. They are as wraiths to you. Our faith has to do with honest labor, with the purification of the inanimate. This is how we pray and how we do our jobs. Remember that. They are nothing: a scrap of cloud, a hint of a breeze.”

“We empty their trash,” the janitors intone. “We straighten up their messes. We complete their very thoughts. They can as well survive without us as without the very air.” Their philosophy has descended to them through long years from the floors above—from crumpled pages saved, from the backs of notepads casually scribbled upon and tossed aside. They are as likely to divine wisdom from a discarded sentence passed down from generation to generation as from any reputable source. Theirs is a philosophy of scraps and fragments, the punctured code of incomplete memos and torn note cards. What words were meant as flotsam, they regain as compost for their ways.

There exist two types of janitor in the office building: night janitors and day janitors. They can be distinguished by how they manifest themselves. The night janitors rest in closets during the day, among the brooms and mops, and do not emerge until dusk. The day janitors leave the building at twilight in large, unsmiling groups. The two types of janitor never meet—know each other only by their handiwork, the signs left in the patterns of swept floors, polished hallway lamps, changed light bulbs. They are as ghosts to one another. Each has created a mythology for the other—an act of faith. On the rare occasions when they by accident meet, they stare at each other as if seeing a stranger in the mirror, and to as much effect.

Only one janitor travels between the two worlds of night and day: the Head Janitor, he who works during both light and dark and rarely sleeps. It is the Head Janitor, bulked and bulky, tall and thick, who growls out orders in a gravelly baritone from between moistened lips, as much despot as cleaning agent. They listen as if to a force of nature; during the day, he comes to the night janitors in their closets as a premonition of darkness and they smile in their twisted sleep, dancing through the halls with mop and broom. He it is who gives voice to their thoughts, their desires, as he paces up and down the basement hallway, neither cleaned nor cleaner. “You shall not think of them as your masters,” he says to them. “You shall not think of them at all. Your work exists independent of them, without them. They are as wraiths to you. Our faith has to do with honest labor, with the purification of the inanimate. This is how we pray and how we do our jobs. Remember that. They are nothing: a scrap of cloud, a hint of a breeze.”

“We empty their trash,” the janitors intone. “We straighten up their messes. We complete their very thoughts. They can as well survive without us as without the very air.” Their philosophy has descended to them through long years from the floors above—from crumpled pages saved, from the backs of notepads casually scribbled upon and tossed aside. They are as likely to divine wisdom from a discarded sentence passed down from generation to generation as from any reputable source. Theirs is a philosophy of scraps and fragments, the punctured code of incomplete memos and torn note cards. What words were meant as flotsam, they regain as compost for their ways.

A speech from a movie called "The Janitors", released on 2018 by a movie studio based in Confederate Arizona, about how all Janitors are actually interdimensional beings that serve as the last guardian between earth and hellish dimensions beyond. The movie was widely panned for being confusing in it's dialogue and with long, extended nonsequiter scenes that served no useful purpose but to clog up the runtime.

"Arm the Torpedos and fire on that Swiss Bastard on my mark!"

"Arm the Torpedos and fire on that Swiss Bastard on my mark!"

Well, I'm sure that we can all agree that ending the Simpsons was the right thing to do, as the creators themselves put it, it was time to leave Springfield, or at least give it a rest. And that worked rather well, you can quibble about the movies and the spin-offs, but there's no denying that they were better than having Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and etc going around and around in Springfield forever.

And we got a Troy McClure movie! That alone was worth it, Hydro the man with the hydraulic arms fighting to foil Hitler's takeover of Switzerland's secret navy? I will watch that over yet another day in Springfield anytime, every time.

And those classic, classic, lines? If you ever need to reach me dial M for Murderousness. Mr Hitler doesn't live here anymore, he moved in with the fishes. They have tanks, we have a preacher with a shovel. The president's neck is missing, that means chocolate...

And it even managed to remind people that Switzerland does have lakes, and very much worth the visit, no chocolate powered cyborg sealions, tough.

And last but not least it got Phil Hartman's career on the right track for a lot of good work over the years, even today he will tell you it was the turning point of his life.

"Yes, the idea for Star Trek came from the American side of the partnership, but can you imagine it getting so far without Toho studios? I don't think so..."

"Yes, the idea for Star Trek came from the American side of the partnership, but can you imagine it getting so far without Toho studios? I don't think so..."
Writer Tawny Newsome on the creation of Star Trek, a sci-fi franchise created by both CBS and Toho Studios, beginning with a 1964 deal. The partnership gave some of the best miniature effects anywhere.

"Personally I never believed there was never any kind of god or spirit up there, whether the native american kind of my father's, or the christian kind of my mother's."

"Personally I never believed there was never any kind of god or spirit up there, whether the native american kind of my father's, or the christian kind of my mother's."
Statement in an interview by Johnathon Morgan, the first atheist and first native american to be elected President of the United States, in 2004.

"Do you have time to hear about our lord and savior, Satan?"

Statement in an interview by Johnathon Morgan, the first atheist and first native american to be elected President of the United States, in 2004.

"Do you have time to hear about our lord and savior, Satan?"

Luce Harman, a member of the Luciferian Church (Harmanite), speaking at the doorstep of Wellington House, an anarchist gathering place in a Los Angeles neighborhood. Supposedly, these words led to an argument between Harman and members of the Christian Anarchist Collective that were present in the building, causing a shootout in 1950 that contributed to the Second Black Scare in America.

"You're saying that you found evidence of bird-people fleeing from Earth to the Moon. Corpses on Mars. Why I am inclined to believe in the existence of supernatural, biology-defying shit that only you keep finding?"

American physicist michio kaku to ancient aliens conspiracy theorist Giorgio tsoukalos when the later came to him showing photos of supposed spacecraft like thing that was found deep in the jungles of South America. Also in the craft there were photos of bird like corpses on the surface of Mars. The craft was indeed proven authentic some months later some months later by scientists which led to the scientific World turning the concept of pseudoscience to mainstream science

Jar jar Binks is the greatest character to have come out of star wars prequels. Even up there with the likes of Vader and luke Skywalker

American physicist michio kaku to ancient aliens conspiracy theorist Giorgio tsoukalos when the later came to him showing photos of supposed spacecraft like thing that was found deep in the jungles of South America. Also in the craft there were photos of bird like corpses on the surface of Mars. The craft was indeed proven authentic some months later some months later by scientists which led to the scientific World turning the concept of pseudoscience to mainstream science

Jar jar Binks is the greatest character to have come out of star wars prequels. Even up there with the likes of Vader and luke Skywalker
A fan agreeing with the fandom consensus, as a result of Jar Jar's excellent arc in the second and third movies when he serves as a special ops commando in the Clone Wars.

"I'm bored. Are there any wars we can start? Kissinger, get me a globe. I want to find a new country to bomb."

"I'm bored. Are there any wars we can start? Kissinger, get me a globe. I want to find a new country to bomb."
President Richard Nixon to his secretary of State, late August 1975.
Several months later, NATO-forces would launch the invasion of South Africa

"My Dearest Victoria,
I must thank you for the most wonderful gift I have ever received. The desk is perfect for my office in the White Palace.
Along with the wedding of Prince Albert and my Sophie, it will further tie our houses and nations together.
Yours always, Norton"

"My Dearest Victoria,
I must thank you for the most wonderful gift I have ever received. The desk is perfect for my office in the White Palace.
Along with the wedding of Prince Albert and my Sophie, it will further tie our houses and nations together.
Yours always, Norton"

King Norton II of Greater Virginia to Queen Victoria of England. Out of all the former colonies, Greater Virginia was the only one to keep close ties with the motherland during the 19th century.

"This is Admiral Bonocore from the EUS Fieramosca to all forces still on the island. Cease all fighting and reach the closest extraction point. Sicily has been declared an Undead Red Zone."

"This is Admiral Bonocore from the EUS Fieramosca to all forces still on the island. Cease all fighting and reach the closest extraction point. Sicily has been declared an Undead Red Zone."
Lorezenzo Bonocore in the aftermath of the Mussomeli Meltdown.

"Be warned, our fans do not take anyone beating us very well. If you do win, you may want to avoid the limelight and the internet for a while."

"Be warned, our fans do not take anyone beating us very well. If you do win, you may want to avoid the limelight and the internet for a while."

The leader of the West Virginia SlaughterMen, the champion Deathmatch team in the American State Republic, a fascist regime that uses Deathmatches as part of it's bread and circuses program to keep the people in line. This quote was given to the rising Challengers, the Minnesota Axe Murderers, who actually did go on to win after killing half the SlaughterMen in a brutal game that lasted twice as long as most.

"Let the Hapsburgs and the Romanovs fight over Constantinople. We shall take the real prize: Syria."

The leader of the West Virginia SlaughterMen, the champion Deathmatch team in the American State Republic, a fascist regime that uses Deathmatches as part of it's bread and circuses program to keep the people in line. This quote was given to the rising Challengers, the Minnesota Axe Murderers, who actually did go on to win after killing half the SlaughterMen in a brutal game that lasted twice as long as most.

"Let the Hapsburgs and the Romanovs fight over Constantinople. We shall take the real prize: Syria."
FWinston Churchill in 1918 when the allies consisting of France, Austria Hungary, Russia and england was in war with the central powers of Germany, the Ottoman Empire, Spain and Portugal.
The allies won the war and now was in control of the Ottoman Empire and both king Francis Ferdinand and Tsar Nikolai II Alexandrovich Romanov were arguing about the fate of Constantinople as both of them wanted the control of the city.

For the last time Mr. President! Stop calling them Indians! Indians are the people living in the country of India and these people should be called by the proper terminology of native Americans!

FWinston Churchill in 1918 when the allies consisting of France, Austria Hungary, Russia and england was in war with the central powers of Germany, the Ottoman Empire, Spain and Portugal.
The allies won the war and now was in control of the Ottoman Empire and both king Francis Ferdinand and Tsar Nikolai II Alexandrovich Romanov were arguing about the fate of Constantinople as both of them wanted the control of the city.

For the last time Mr. President! Stop calling them Indians! Indians are the people living in the country of India and these people should be called by the proper terminology of native Americans!
A hashing out of "What is an Indian" between U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, and the U.S. President.

"You cannot pass."
"We shall overcome"

"You cannot pass."
"We shall overcome"
A headline comparing the two sides of the Tibetan War; specifically, the former was a slogan of Tibet, while the latter came from french forces in a message.

"To think this very war started because of an error in the paperwork that confused Turkey the country with Turkey the bird."
"Let's just call all members of the genus Meleagris something else, shall we?"
"My mind's divided between Turkeyfowl or Monanow, after an indigenous indian word from Virginia."

"To think this very war started because of an error in the paperwork that confused Turkey the country with Turkey the bird."
"Let's just call all members of the genus Meleagris something else, shall we?"
"My mind's divided between Turkeyfowl or Monanow, after an indigenous indian word from Virginia."
Conversation purported to have occurred between Andrey Vyshinsky and Georgy Malenkov commenting on the Turkish-Iraqi war of 1954. The start of the conflict was actually a fair bit more complex than the conversation would suggest, having been born from Turkish hostility to the Kurdish population, resulting in many illegally fleeing into Iraq, putting stress on the government to handle the influx in this minority groups population. The war would come to an end in after a year of fighting, ending with the establishment of a Kurdish state carved from turkish and Iraqi provinces.

"And this ladies and gentlemen is why you should never, and I mean NEVER serve wine at a party you invited the Sultan of Axum to."

"And this ladies and gentlemen is why you should never, and I mean NEVER serve wine at a party you invited the Sultan of Axum to."
Sultan Mehamedi of Axum visits the court of Coptic Egyptian King Aleksanaros II on a diplomatic mission. The mission mostly goes well, but due to cultural differences, the Copts serve wine at a final celebratory dinner, not understanding the Sultan's religious devotion. As a result, the negotiations fall through, and the Coptic-Axumite War begins, with the Axumites conquering Caira and beheading Aleksanaros. This would lead to the annexation of Egypt into the Sultanate, and resulting in the capital being moved to Khartoum.

"You hear me? Whatever it takes, we gotta stop these Aztec bastards from taking our island!"