WIP Map Thread

Something from the "What Might Have Been" series: still a bit uncertain as to how to split up South America.

UnitedSandalwoodAutocracies.png

Here is a map I have been making for ages. It is a scenario where the world is less colonised (Colonialism still happened in some parts). Any advice?
w.ethnia.org and worldstatesmen.org are pretty good recourses if you are interested in researching southern African statelets. Depending on when your map is set I could also see the influence of Zanzibari traders and slavers extending very deeply into the Congo leading to more despotic trader states like Tippu Tips empire. This could lead to some very interesting cultural exchange between Islam and traditional African religion (for example see the Maji-Maji rebellion and Sufism in Tanzania)
Also maybe reconsider the Lakes in modern-day Zambia and Egypt. They only came into existence in the last 75 years after damming the Nile/Zambezi.

ST15RM

Banned
Then where can I post them exactly, if this is not the correct sub-forum? Once I know where, I'll take them down and transfer them. I'm kind of new here, to be frank. Sorry.
if you want a place to have them you can create your own thread here.

I’m not sure about the scale of the whole map but it seems rather large if this is a close up, i’d Consider making city names larger, it would both be more realistic and make it easier to read
Thats a good point. I generally feel conflicted about the big amount of „empty space“ on the map. But then these are areas with a very small population density and few urban centers. The finished map will also cover almost all of sub-saharan Africa so I want to keep some sort of consistency between large costal towns like Lagos and the smaller hamlets inland. I‘m also trying to have a bit of hierarchy between town, province and polity labels, which complicates this even more :p
I‘ll definitely play around with larger font sizes though!