Well, guess the good times got to end and the little flame of Europa snuffed out once again. Even in a timeline as mad as WMIT, or perhaps because of it, Hitler is there to make it even worse.

In 1935, he began to wonder why we served as prime minister to a child monarch who still played with dolls. He began to have fever-dreams of being the next Charlemagne, the next Bonaparte. He told Bavarian PM Goering in August of 1935, "Once every century a man steps onto the stage of Europe to change it forever. Frederick the Great changed the 18th Century. Napoleon the Great changed the 19th. I will change the 20th. The world will long remember Adolf von Braunau. For 1000 years they shall recall me as a defender of the faith. I aim to restore the Holy Roman Empire. Are you with me or against me, my friend?"

I'm cackling. You were a smart man, Perrault, and cautious too-- but FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!

Dearie me, this is going to be a clusterfuck. Adolf is planning to corral a strong-willed, arrogant Pope and independent-minded South German rulers toward the restoration of... an institution that had famously horrible relations with both the Papacy and its own feudal vassals? Neither past precedent nor present conditions augur well for this little project. Someone ought to fix up the road to Canossa Castle, just in case of... unforeseen developments.

But assuming maximum success (and it's Madness so why not) you've got a possible German-Italian superstate that, assuming it achieves centralization/militarization (maybe Lincoln/Custer's takeover of the decentralized consular Union could be an inspiration for our friendly antifascists(TM)), can lead France-Spain around by the nose on foreign policy, all while the government in Paris tries desperately to paper over the growing divide in the Catholic camp to keep from being thrown out by the Evolist voters within their own borders.

Also, I thought Adolf Schicklgruber was going to be our TTL Hitler? What became of him?

Last edited:
So, that one line of Perrault decrying the Int’l Yankee Jew is just him pandering to the crowd?

Man, I feel bad for him, to be lucid enough to see the madness unfolding but powerless to do anything about it. By this point, Europe just being any less detailed will do wonders for its sanity.

Do I sense a Caesar Adolf von Braunau of the Holy Europan Empire on the horizon? A Europan Inquisition?

Also Supercatholic feels weird as a term and party name. You think a religious organisation would pull inspiration from the bible for sense of legitimacy (like the Sons of Jacob from Handmaidens Tale)

Now, that's something that I dind't expect.
7fa.gif

Honestly, I’m a little sad that Adolf seems to be jumping into full madness rather then be the one bastion of sanity they were in the Original

We were getting hints at full-on Aryanist esotericism earlier, 'Brahmin of Branau' and all that, so there's definitely room for more insanity.
Oh boy.

Well, Heil Schicklgruber, I guess. I suppose that saying that will be mandatory, as will professing belief in Positive Indo-Europanist Supercatholicism (or whatever other crazy state-worship cult Hitler cooks up), if one doesn't want to get a visit from the State Security ministry's private armed forces?

Not one step back to the Godless cultists. Heaven is for martyrs. Deus Vult!"

What a rational and not at all terrifying sentiment! I see no way in which this backfires upon the Europan people!

Hermann Goering raised his stein in the air and nodded. Adolf raised his, too, with a smile. As they clinked their cups together, the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire was set in motion. As Austria-Hungary and Europe itself strained under the pressures of the Great Depression, its own Prime Minister began to plot an overthrow of the government and decided no one would make a better Holy Roman Emperor than himself....

Oh fuck me. Of course, we all know that this Holy Roman Empire will be a hell of a lot more centralized than the first. Dare I even say it might be... Fascist? Fascism with Europan Characteristics everyone!

Also Supercatholic feels weird as a term and party name. You think a religious organisation would pull inspiration from the bible for sense of legitimacy (like the Sons of Jacob from Handmaidens Tale)

Personally, I think the Crusader Party or the Sons of Mary Party would be a really good fit.

If anyone in real life said “International Yankee Jewish Illuminati Clique”, they’d be called a conspiracy theorist, and yet it makes perfect sense in the context of this timeline.

If anyone in real life said “International Yankee Jewish Illuminati Clique”, they’d be called a conspiracy theorist, and yet it makes perfect sense in the context of this timeline.
“Those Facist Illuminati Jews are trying to take the cocaine out of my soda pop in an insidious plot to mind control us and sell us into slavery under their Supercatholic allies!”

(A sentence there I never thought I’d ever say)

Good ol' Gruber is indeed von Braunau, with that being his minor nobility title.

As for Supercatholic, it actually makes sense when you read about Evola from OTL. "I am not a fascist. I am a superfascist." That's the inspiration. Lol

“Those Facist Illuminati Jews are trying to take the cocaine out of my soda pop in an insidious plot to mind control us and sell us into slavery under their Supercatholic allies!”

(A sentence there I never thought I’d ever say)

No, no, no, you got it wrong feller!

The Fascist Illuminati Jews are trying to put cocaine into our soda to promote race-mixing and force us to hand Jacksonland and Yonderland over to their African-American allies! The only reasonable solution is to ban cocaine! Hark the Sound of Sober Men's Voices!

(Jesus that sounds way too close to Infowars or some other nutbags for comfort. Blech.)