Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's the finished (SVG) product for the map on the previous page.

Coming soon-ish:
eonzeZw.png
Canada big, Canada strong.

while it’s no fun to make a weak where the country is missing OTL territory how did Canada acquire the section of the Mississippi watershed in the prairies both of the 49th parallel without OTL’s treaty setting it as such all the way? It seems unlikely that the USA would give up that sliver.

Also, how about Canadian Jamaica, lesser Antilles and Guyana?

XVDxICc.png

And They Shall Eat Cake
I don't really know where to begin with this... monstrosity. My general idea behind it is that some ASBs go down concerning Marie Antoinette on May 10, 1774, the day she ascended to the throne of France alongside her husband, King Louis XVI. That ASB event is either that she starts to get premonitions of the future (e.g. the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the Napoleonic Wars, colonization, etc.), or the mind of some normal person from OTL 2019 (probably me, considering I made this map with my own prior knowledge and interests) is put in her body. Either way, Marie Antoinette starts controlling Louis XVI from the shadows as a sort of puppet master, has a young Napoleon Bonaparte brought to Versailles and serve as a loyal soldier of the Empire, convinces Louis not to fund the American Revolution but to rather retake Canada from Britain and later Louisiana and New Spain from Spain... and things just kind of spiral out of control from there. This is a map of the world from 1900. There are only five major powers, these being (in order of most powerful) France, Great Britain, Russia, Prussia, and Portugal.

I may eventually make a timeline based off of this map, if I feel up to it.

Oh wow! So B L U E.

Gian

Banned
Canada big, Canada strong.

while it’s no fun to make a weak where the country is missing OTL territory how did Canada acquire the section of the Mississippi watershed in the prairies both of the 49th parallel without OTL’s treaty setting it as such all the way? It seems unlikely that the USA would give up that sliver.

Also, how about Canadian Jamaica, lesser Antilles and Guyana?

1) All to be revealed in due course because that's supposed to be the set-up for that amazing wikibox TL.

2) I toyed with that idea before deciding that was a bit too much.

Finally realized I should cross-post this. My first entry into the Map of the Fortnight contest, #197. First map posted on this site that looks legitimate.

arminian-client-states-png.463023

Excerpted from “The Grey Eagle Soars: Germany in the 20th Century” by Prof. John Thompson, University of Manhattan, 2041

It has been one hundred years since Paul Hahn and Erich Lehman co opted the First German Revolution to found the German State, the Third Reich in some corners. Their machinations have been a major focus of historians since then, as it is generally considered that the present state of the Five Germanies can be derived from the Arminian Regime.

One of the key instruments of the Arminian Regime was the use of puppets. Following the Second World War, when Hahn and Lehman were at their height, much of Europe followed the call of Berlin. The Treaty of Stuttgart set up several “protectorates” that were, on paper, independent nations, but were poorly veiled client states of the Regime. Picardy and Burgundy, carved from France; Lombardy, Alba, and Venetia, carved from Italy; and Bohemia-Moravia, a longtime puppet of Germany since the First World War. These protectorates joined other nations, like Carantania, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Nitra, Swabia, Hungary, Poland, Livonia, and Estonia in serving as the “Ring of Iron” that protected the German State. Coupled with the power of the Regime’s allies, Scandinavia and Bulgaria, as well as tacit help from Russia, the Regime was able to stride like a behemoth across Europe, at the expense of other areas of the world. The Philippines, taken from Spain in the First World War, was granted independence after a short rebellion, as Hahn and Lehman didn’t think the archipelago was worth the resources to keep a tight hold on. Their failure to defend their remaining assets well in the wake of Japanese attacks in the Pacific War (1961-1967) was one of the key reasons for the Second German Revolution and the fall of the Regime, as well as the subsequent Third World War, which saw the German invasion of the British Isles, the New Chartist Uprisings, the creation of the Chartist Republic of England and the Sundering of Great Britain, and the foundation of the United Kingdom of Australasia as the new home of the British Empire.

ARMINIANISM: Noun. Political ideology. Similar to: corporatism, militarism, syndicalism, expansionism, stratocracy, eugenics. Named for Arminius (German - Hermann), an ancient warrior who repelled the might of Rome at Teutoburg Forest. Put into use in the German State, the Third Reich, the Arminian Regime, by dictators Paul Hahn and Erich Lehman, upon their takeover of Germany in 1941. Discarded in 1966 after the Second German Revolution.

SECOND WORLD WAR: 1947-1953. Axis Powers (Arles Pact) vs. Central Powers (Continental Alliance). Concluded with the Treaty of Stuttgart, Alliance victory. Also known as the Continental Civil War.
Main Participants: Axis Powers/Arles Pact - France (Second Republic), Spain (Kingdom), Italy (First Kingdom), Byzantium (Restored), Belgium, Carantania, Luxembourg, Catalonia, Ecuador, Venezuela (Republic), Palatine (Federation); associate member China (National Republic); Central Powers/Continental Alliance - Germany (Arminian), Hungary, Scandinavia, Swabia, Bulgaria, Poland, Livonia, Estonia, Lithuania, Bohemia-Moravia (Protectorate), Netherlands, Brazil (Federative Empire), Chile; associate members Japan (Empire), Russia (Union of Republics).

QUADRUPLE/CONTINENTAL ALLIANCE: 1908-1942.
Main Signatories: German Empire/State, Second French Republic, Empire of Hungary, First Kingdom of Italy.
Minor Signatories: United States of America, Kingdom of Greece/Restored Empire of Byzantium, United Kingdom of Sweden-Norway/Scandinavia.
First World War Additions: High Kingdom of Swabia, Empire of China, Shahdom of Persia, Empire of Brazil, Republic of Chile, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Venezuela, Irish Free State, Union of Russian Republics.

RING OF IRON: Noun. Political term used for the numerous client states of the German State/Arminian Regime following the Second World War. Consisted of: Protectorates of Bohemia-Moravia, Burgundy, Picardy, Alba, Lombardy, Venetia; Republic of Carantania, Principality of Nitra; High Kingdom of Swabia; Swiss Confederation; Kingdoms of Lithuania, Poland, the Netherlands; Empire of Hungary; Grand Duchy of Livonia; State of Estonia.

fs8qLC6.jpg

A small map i made nearly 9 months ago for a map telephone game we just finished, you can see the 5 maps on this album https://imgur.com/a/118IzA3 (there are some very high quality maps in it)https://imgur.com/a/118IzA3

the concept is that one person makes a map, passes it to the next who has to make a map in the same universe, and then passes on to the following player without telling about the previous maps.

A small map i made nearly 9 months ago for a map telephone game we just finished, you can see the 5 maps on this album https://imgur.com/a/118IzA3 (there are some very high quality maps in it)

the concept is that one person makes a map, passes it to the next who has to make a map in the same universe, and then passes on to the following player without telling about the previous maps.
That's a pretty long time for a telephone game

fs8qLC6.jpg

A small map i made nearly 9 months ago for a map telephone game we just finished, you can see the 5 maps on this album https://imgur.com/a/118IzA3 (there are some very high quality maps in it)

Do you have links to any other map games? I'm very interested.

Speaking of this, a Telephone Map Game could be organized here. I don't know if any has been done before.
We'd probably have to get people to sign up for it somewhere on the site, so we know who's fair game to ask to continue the game. This could be the next MotF, for all we know.

XVDxICc.png

And They Shall Eat Cake
I don't really know where to begin with this... monstrosity. My general idea behind it is that some ASBs go down concerning Marie Antoinette on May 10, 1774, the day she ascended to the throne of France alongside her husband, King Louis XVI. That ASB event is either that she starts to get premonitions of the future (e.g. the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the Napoleonic Wars, colonization, etc.), or the mind of some normal person from OTL 2019 (probably me, considering I made this map with my own prior knowledge and interests) is put in her body. Either way, Marie Antoinette starts controlling Louis XVI from the shadows as a sort of puppet master, has a young Napoleon Bonaparte brought to Versailles and serve as a loyal soldier of the Empire, convinces Louis not to fund the American Revolution but to rather retake Canada from Britain and later Louisiana and New Spain from Spain... and things just kind of spiral out of control from there. This is a map of the world from 1900. There are only five major powers, these being (in order of most powerful) France, Great Britain, Russia, Prussia, and Portugal.

I may eventually make a timeline based off of this map, if I feel up to it.
I love it! What's the official name for the French state? Because right now I'm really hoping it's the Kingdom of France-Netherlands-Spain-Italy-Austria-Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.