WIP Map Thread

Those Anglo states must be an incredible thorn in the side of that mega New France

They used to be, not really anymore, the idea I have is that there was a divide between the anglo states because of Britain always favoring the bigger states in border treaties and the like, leading to the smaller states to feel betrayed by the UK, and they turn to Louisiana, who has been the dominant power in their continent for decades now, for help, Louisiana agrees to help the smaller states in a secret treaty that dosen't start until Britain is distracted in some huge war so they can't bother to defend their coastal colonies, when it finally does happen Louisiana and their allies (South Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Mainer rebels) all declare war on the remaining states, when the war is won for Louisiana they force friendly governments into all other states and allow their allies to take any land they want. this leads to a bitter hatred from Britain toward Louisiana, but they're too devastated from the war to really do anything about it.

I've been sitting on this ISOT idea for a while, though I'm not sure I can sit down and bang out the scenario with much focus.

Basically a bunch of civil wars, civil conflicts, and bloody unifications are sent to a Virgin Earth. Some countries (Canada, China, The US, Congo, Sudan) have territory from multiple time periods.

notsocivil(1).png

Less of a WIP and more of an abandoned project, but the Youtube War series (the second half of which will be coming out soon-ish) was originally planned to have a much darker ending. Feel free to use this very incomplete map however you want.

AmLqBlP.png

Did you stretch the Balkans wider? I keep looking at this and am unsure how you managed to fit in that extra country, the Serbian and Omanian borders seem pretty spot on. Did you move Serbia's borders to the west, and then used the partition of Macedonia to hide the shift?

Mostly moved Romania and Bulgaria east, shrinking the Black Sea a bit. Also widened the Red Sea a bit to make the Sinai (and Black Adam's kingdom) larger.

Less of a WIP and more of an abandoned project, but the Youtube War series (the second half of which will be coming out soon-ish) was originally planned to have a much darker ending. Feel free to use this very incomplete map however you want.
Is this based off of that stupid Pewdiepie thing, or is that something else?

I've been sitting on this ISOT idea for a while, though I'm not sure I can sit down and bang out the scenario with much focus.

Basically a bunch of civil wars, civil conflicts, and bloody unifications are sent to a Virgin Earth. Some countries (Canada, China, The US, Congo, Sudan) have territory from multiple time periods.

View attachment 435158
The map shows most of the land claimed by the Confederacy, but Union troops held great areas of it.

Is this based off of that stupid Pewdiepie thing, or is that something else?

1. Yes
2. I know it isn't the most "mature" topic and I know I'm not good at maps but I'm trying my best here so can you be a bit more polite?

2/10 No Emu War

(actually 8 or 9/10, looks great)

1. Yes
2. I know it isn't the most "mature" topic and I know I'm not good at maps but I'm trying my best here so can you be a bit more polite?
Oh I'm not mocking the map, its actually fairly decent, but I'm neither a racist nor a 13yr old (or someone with the mental maturity of such) so I can't view Pewdiepie stuff with anything other than mild disdain at best, contempt at worst.

The most I can do to be polite is say the following, then not comment on it anymore; you look like you actually have some pretty good potential for maps, try to develop it by making better content.

Decided I'd post this WIP of a map I'd started. I don't intend to finish it because I don't find the idea itself compelling anymore. But if someone does, feel free to use it.

The map is called Kolkata Thresher, after the CMANO scenario titled...Kolkata Thresher. The scenario is that early in the 1980s, a coup and civil war in Bangladesh leads to limited Indian and Chinese intervention on either side, involving an air skirmish (Chinese tactical victory) and a naval duel (Indians ambush and sink a Chinese supply convoy). The intervention ends in the Chinese calling it quits and the Indians fully pulling Bangladesh into their sphere of influence.

It also leads to various political sequelae. Chinese and Indian relations remain frosty at best, and significantly worse than in OTL (which is saying something). Both sides are more active about building up spheres across Asia; naturally the Chinese one is much bigger due to their sheer economic size. Still, the Indians have logistics on their side, and they benefit from closer ties to China's rivals and enemies. The next few decades are a long Cold War of sorts, but punctuated by occasional limited skirmishes in remote theaters. However, nobody wants to risk any battle of consequence.

As oil demand rises, and supply disruptions rock the Middle East, Japan and Taiwan enter the game in the 2020s-30s, and with their help, the Indian-led phalanx can fully interdict maritime trade to China. 10 years later, China is still the world's largest economy by a good margin, but is starting to crack under its problems finding both energy and markets.

Fate never smiled on India, and it never became a "superpower." But fate never frowned on it either, and it remained stable and burgeoning while the world convulsed around it.

However, fate did smile on Tajikistan and Hazarajat, and I think I'm the first guy to wank them in a while.

3BHEB72.png

This is really nice!

Though, I have to ask- do these districts conform with the VRA?
In my timeline there was no VRA. Segregation was a lot slower going as both parties made uneasy alliance between the north and south. There is still a lot of work to be done, and Minority-Majority districts have been proposed on the federal level, and the current President Nina Turner supports them, but there is little support for them in Congress. They exist in a kinda bass-akward way in that during the Marty presidency there was severe electoral reform and districts are meant to keep similar communities together, so this ends up creating some minority majority districts. The only state that requires them is Maryland which states that 10% of Maryland’s congressional districts are to be Minoirty Majority

Decided I'd post this WIP of a map I'd started. I don't intend to finish it because I don't find the idea itself compelling anymore. But if someone does, feel free to use it.

3BHEB72.png

Nice! Can't wait to see it finished, but, how did china get part of the russian far east? And Japan Sakhalin? These are very wealthy areas in ressources and important to russia's economy and relevancy, they will never give it away unless there is a civil war, and that would likely leave more scars on this russia.

Ok, let´s say it´s just a teaser for something more mad...
View attachment 435687

Well all hell broke loose... But the nuclear exchange seems relatively one sided, with the east bloc being nearly entirely destroyed as well as britain and germany, but the USA seems to have mostly survived,and france is alright... More importantly most of the other powers weren't really hit? Argentina, South Africa and especially the mujahed were not hit/almost not hit, that's weird..

What the fuck is happenning to australia? Indigenous revolt?

Nice! Can't wait to see it finished, but, how did china get part of the russian far east? And Japan Sakhalin? These are very wealthy areas in ressources and important to russia's economy and relevancy, they will never give it away unless there is a civil war, and that would likely leave more scars on this russia.

My idea had involved a worse Soviet collapse, exploited by an opportunistic Japan and China. Also, I liked the fatter Chinese border haha.

Nothing against Russia. I have a few maps on my hard drive where it eats Manchuria.

Screenshot (39).png
Taking a break from a bigger map I'm working on to do this one! Based off a novel by Kim Stanley Robinson that's quickly becoming my favorite book! This is the world in 1200a.H., or c. 1830. Still, need to do Africa and the New World :)