Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

genusmap.php

456 EC - 56.9% - Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (GOP)
083 EC - 42.7% - Hubert Humphrey/Edmund Muskie (Dem)

Humphrey still wins NY? I'm surprised.

I believe the actual breakup was 70-80% for Nixon, and 20-30% for Humphrey.

Here's the Electoral Map from my new Infobox series that I will likely never finish. This is the 2020 Iowa Republican Primaries.

Iowa_Republican_Presidential_Caucuses_Election_Res.png

Blue: Nikki Haley, 30.92%
Red: Ben Sasse, 27.2%
Green: Charlie Baker: 22.13%
Cory Gardner, 12.7%

Chicxulub

Banned
This is based on two 1966 Batman episodes, Hizzoner the Penguin and Dizzoner the Penguin. I may do a wikibox for this.

1966 Gotham City Mayoral Election
upload_2016-9-30_22-58-50.png

Bruce Wayne / John Linseed- 45.32% (1,476,780)
Oswald Cobblepot / Ignatius Ogilvy - 44.79% (1,459,510)

Harry Goldwinner / Bill Tiller - 8.64% (281,540)
Others - 1.25% (40,732)

How do those no-major-party districts work? Was ballot access controlled on the polling station level, or is Gotham a strong-council jurisdiction where whoever gets most seats becomes mayor?

Chicxulub

Banned
How do those no-major-party districts work? Was ballot access controlled on the polling station level, or is Gotham a strong-council jurisdiction where whoever gets most seats becomes mayor?
It is mapped out by city council district, which is how the ballot access is controlled. And the two districts without Wayne on the ballot were fairly small, with only a few hundred voters each.

Here is the New Hampshire Primary Map from my Infobox that I just posted here.
New_Hampshire_Republican_Presidential_Primary_Elec (1).png

Green, Charlie Baker, 50.35%, 13 Delegates
Ben Sasse, 14.61%, 4 delegates
Nikki Haley, 13.50%, 3 delegates
John Kasich, 13.36%, 3 delegates
Cory Gardner, 4.56%, 0 Delegates
All Others, 3.62%, 0 Delegates

Deleted member 87099

Holy shit that's quite the Goldwater-wank. I think Goldwater would have won in Florida (he nearly won it IOTL). What's the scenario?

I believe that it's Kennedy lives and his scandals come out and he has a pretty lackluster 1964, though I could be wrong.

Holy shit that's quite the Goldwater-wank. I think Goldwater would have won in Florida (he nearly won it IOTL). What's the scenario?
Something something Jews and old people.

Texas because Johnsin got dropped mid-1963 after a health scare and scandal. The text explicitly says Kennedy gets 332 and only gives the results for a few states, so I had to come up with…creative vote shifting.

Its a surprisingly good book, but the author inserts too many modern trends into the 60's

Something something Jews and old people.
Maybe switch Florida for Colorado and New Hampshire? Colorado and NH were pretty anti-Goldwater IOTL, much more so than Florida, and they have the same number of EV between them Actually Florida had 14 EV in 1964, did you use an older map by accident?

Not sure what to do about WV though, since it's not really plausible for it to go Goldwater under any circumstances.

Maybe switch Florida for Colorado and New Hampshire? Colorado and NH were pretty anti-Goldwater IOTL, much more so than Florida

New Hampshire explcitly went Goldwater in the book and Florida was directly stated to be "the only bright spot" in the south.

they have the same number of EV between them Actually Florida had 14 EV in 1964, did you use an older map by accident?

Yes.

Not sure what to do about WV though, since it's not really plausible for it to go Goldwater under any circumstances.

For an added bonus Goldwater has Ford as his VP, making this southern stratagy oddly placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.