Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Sovereign12

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Krall

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FLAG CHALLENGE № 131: Where We Can Be Free

Your challenge this time around is to create a flag for a space colony established by a non-state community. This can be an ethnic/cultural community (Tuaregs, Basques, Tibetans, etc.), a religious community (Hindu, Mormon, Scientologist, etc.), or some other community (communists, white supremacists, Anonymous, etc.)

#1: TPL99's "Anarchist Saturn"

attachment.php

#2: Demothenes' "Atlas"

attachment.php

#3: Kuld von Reyn's "Tuareg Mercury"

NPbk90U.png

#4: FlyingParafin's "Japanese Buddhist Chiron"

attachment.php

#5: Jonathan's "LGBT Venus Satellite"

attachment.php

#6: Sovereign12's "Gnarly-Luddites of Mars"

attachment.php

#7: Krall's "Cosmic Hetmanate of the Martian Host"

Xu4uByZ.png

My vote goes to Krall's entry.

The original rules actually state that the poll options are supposed to be anonymous. I can't say I ever saw the point of that rule myself though, given that anyone can easily check who made what by just visiting the entries thread.

The original rules actually state that the poll options are supposed to be anonymous. I can't say I ever saw the point of that rule myself though, given that anyone can easily check who made what by just visiting the entries thread.

It's not meant to prevent you from finding that information if you want it. It's simply meant to lower the bias caused by members' reputations (i.e. halo effect), for voters who don't know or remember who made what, and don't feel the need to check. It's not a huge deal though, so I don't complain about it myself.

What I do think you should do, viperhawkz, is include the entries' text descriptions.

It's not meant to prevent you from finding that information if you want it. It's simply meant to lower the bias caused by members' reputations (i.e. halo effect), for voters who don't know or remember who made what, and don't feel the need to check. It's not a huge deal though, so I don't complain about it myself.

What I do think you should do, viperhawkz, is include the entries' text descriptions.

Indeed. That's why I pushed so hard for it in the early rounds, having noticed such an effect on other polls on this site.

My vote is going to the Tuareg Mercury. While the Cosmic Hetmanate one is very pretty I think the simplicity of the Tuareg one just outways it.

Krall

Banned
My vote is going to the Tuareg Mercury. While the Cosmic Hetmanate one is very pretty I think the simplicity of the Tuareg one just outways it.

I voted for Kuld's flag too. Aside from being the original inspiration for my own, it also achieves its intent a lot more simply and elegantly; without a glut of unnecessary detail. :D

Krall

Banned
The poll is closed, and the Cosmic Hetmanate of the Martian Host stands victorious!

Huzzah! I'm honestly kinda surprised - my taste in flags doesn't usually line up well with other people's, and my entry really loses a lot of its charm when it's tiny. :p

So, do I choose the next round's challenge now? I've only entered the Flag Challenge once before and I usually don't follow it closely, so I'm not sure what the established procedure is. :eek:

So, do I choose the next round's challenge now? I've only entered the Flag Challenge once before and I usually don't follow it closely, so I'm not sure what the established procedure is. :eek:

You not only choose it, you host the process for next round. It's like Eurovision.
The procedure is described on the first post of the main thread. At the time, I created it based on the MOTF but with "fixes" like being faster, looser and decentralised so it wasn't a constant burden to run, after seeing you struggle at times to keep up with the schedule. I never considered that the MOTF hoster himself would end up also hosting WFC :D:p
If it's too much, you can choose the next challenge but ask the runner-up to host it. It's flexible.