Votes: 5 18.5%
  • TWO

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • THREE

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FLAG CHALLENGE 128: An Ameriwank State Flag

The goal of this challenge is to create a banner for a state (of any continent) a Ameriwank, joining elements of chosen state and United States. Can also follow coats of arms, but the divisions must be "respectable" (maximum a state with 60 to 80 million inhabitants) and may not be in current US territory (including Puerto Rico and the territories Pacific).

Voting is open from now.

U.S. State of Turkistan
After the Sino-American War of 2025, China became a territory of the US. As time went on, the territories were divided up and the most loyal became full-fledged states. Xinjiang and Yunnan were admitted first, while Tibet was freed as it's own nation. After the breakup of the Neo-USSR, the USA was able to also take over Central Asia. It soon merged with Xinjiang to create the state of Turkistan.
attachment.php

Slightly late, since I forgot all about the flag challenge this week.

US state flags don't really follow any set patterns beyond often including red, white and blue, so it was hard to think of anything appropriate. In the end, I came up with a somewhat silly concept: Scotland leaves the UK, only to join...The US!
KC6gRay.png

Haven't been here in a while--RL has been busy for me, but here is a last minute entry.

Grant does a better job convincing Senator Sumner that the Santo Domingo Treaty should be ratified, perhaps with the promise of the appointment of a territorial governor of Sumner's choosing who will clean up perceived political corruption on the island, and greater protections for former slaves in the South. The opposition is less coordinated, and ultimately the treaty is ratified. Santo Domingo becomes a United States territory, and is ultimately admitted as the State of Domingo in 1904.

The canton of the flag is based upon the the pre-treaty flag of the Republic, substituting stars for the cross to make it more "American", along with the stripes, while the 10 stars are a subtle nod to the old Trinitarian movement for independence from Spain.
attachment.php