• Union and Liberty wilcoxchar

Votes: 54 14.1%
  • What Madness Is This ?! Napoleon53

Votes: 53 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glen

(READ BEFORE VOTING!)
Remember that this is an Approval Voting poll, which means you may vote for multiple choices.

--Continuing 19th Century (1800 to 1899 AD)
Story of a Party 2.0 Ares96
The Union Forever MacGregor
Malê Rising Jonathan Edelstein
Filipinas: La Gloriosa y Más Allá ramones1986
The Dead Skunk Lycaeon pictus
A Glorious Union or America: the New Sparta The Knight Irish
Es Geloybte Aretz carlton_bach
Axis of Andes DValdron
Use Your Loaf! Lord Roem
Por la Patria, Viva México Fuerte! Arkhangelsk
Union and Liberty wilcoxchar
What Madness Is This ?! Napoleon53

Good luck to my timeline (and others, too!)

I'm realistic enough that I'll not win this year. At least I make it!

Last edited:
Why is there no love for Axis of Andes, its amazing. :<
Because Axis of Andes should not be in this category. :rolleyes: People don't come to Before 1900 for WWII timelines. I mean, one could argue that Agent Lavender should be in ASB if we're going to be that nitpicky over PODs.

I was having a pretty good morning until my wife pointed out that the 51% of the votes were for the timeline below mine. :rolleyes: Oh dear.

Make it "A Glorious Union" for theknightirish.

Best battles!

Best examination and knowledge of complex civil war personalities - flawed heroes and noble villians (except Robert Barnwell Rhett, he's just a @#*$)

Best (maybe only plausible) new Civil War idea I have read - Abandonment! The Southern states cannot secede but perhaps their citizens have!

A Lincoln Second Term and Philip Kearny as President to look forward to. President Fighting Joe Hooker too!

Stolengood

Banned
I think one of these years, we're going to have to discount Male Rising from the competition in order to make it a fair contest... because for fuck's sake, look at it. :mad: :(

Best battles!

Best examination and knowledge of complex civil war personalities - flawed heroes and noble villians (except Robert Barnwell Rhett, he's just a @#*$)

Best (maybe only plausible) new Civil War idea I have read - Abandonment! The Southern states cannot secede but perhaps their citizens have!

A Lincoln Second Term and Philip Kearny as President to look forward to. President Fighting Joe Hooker too!
I second this.

Probably the best indepth knowledge of the Civil War i have seen yet on this site.

I think one of these years, we're going to have to discount Male Rising from the competition in order to make it a fair contest... because for fuck's sake, look at it. :mad: :(
Yeah, democracy isn't fair! :mad:

The most important thing about the Turtledoves is giving everyone more exposure. There are a lot of excellent timelines here I just haven't gotten around to reading, but the Turtledoves are reminder that I should start.

It really is that good of a timeline. I'm not surprised Male Rising has so much love here.

Malê Rising really is that good. I'd say it's unfair to discount it when it is getting this attention fair and square.

I mean if I was gonna modify anything it would be that Male Rising fits better in after 1900 categories at this point. ITTL it's reached the twenties recently.

I mean if I was gonna modify anything it would be that Male Rising fits better in after 1900 categories at this point. ITTL it's reached the twenties recently.

At least four of the timelines listed are currently in the twentieth century, so you would have to move Male Rising and the others. The poll's fair to me.

At least four of the timelines listed are currently in the twentieth century, so you would have to move Male Rising and the others. The poll's fair to me.
Yeah, I've always thought it was done by POD rather than by the period that it is actually in. Otherwise, we'd have items in the Cold War category that doesn't have anything remotely resembling a Cold War.

Best battles!

You want me don't you. What are the odds that you are an extremely attractive woman? Wait don't answer that. I've just checked your profile pick!:(

Thanks anyway!