• 8. Community of Eurozone Nations

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 9. PFC Levski Sofia centennial flag

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 10. Flag of the Hecatonarch

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you to everyone who entered this special round! There were lots of great entries but as always there can only be one winner (unless there's a tie of course)!

The Challenge:
Flag Challenge 100: Centennial Contest Spectacular!

Your challenge for this special anniversary round is to design a flag with a connection to the number 100, be it 100 states, tribes, founders, islands, years, planets, dimensions, lines in the national anthem whatever. The only restrictions are that you must make it clear how your flag is connected to the number 100 and no 100-star OTL US flags please - we want creativity!

The Entries:
100th years of Kingdom of Estonia

New flag design that won the contest for new Estonian Kingdom flag and to celebrate 100th anniversary of Kingdom of Estonia and since then this flag has been used

0rzr.png

And they said it couldn't last! :)

Souvenir flag distributed in Geneva prior to the anniversary celebration for the Covenant Signing:

P.S. Only on this forum, I think, could I base a flag on an obscure symbol of the League of Nations, an organization dead for close to seventy years, and have no one ask me where it came from. LOL

3r4w.jpg

Another celebratory one :D

“Good Morning and welcome to the British News Network’s coverage of the Centennial Celebrations. I’m Phil Turner in London…”
“and I’m Carole Woodkirk. We have a large turnout here in Edinburgh for the 100th anniversary of the signing of the British American Concord between the British Imperial Concord [1], the New Albion Republic [2], and the Federated States of America [3]”
“Here in Gibraltar Square [4] people are flying flags from Britain, the Kingdoms, the Americas, and all over the world, but the most common seems to be the basic Concord Flag inscribed with 100 Years or Anniversary..."

[1] Loss of the American Colonies in early 1800s forced the Empire to make some changes
[2] Basically a greater New England + Maritimes + Great Lakes
[3] A more southern US - basically a greater CSA
[4] No French Revolution means no Napoleonic Wars

8em7.png

Hey, this is my first attempt. I'm brand new (second post!) so I hope I haven't got carried away and done something forbidden.:eek: I've drawn this from something I've been working on:

In the early 60s the Soviet Union, under Khrushchev, began reforms which opened their borders and markets to the West, the world at large was delighted as the likelihood of nuclear war lessened significantly for the first time since the end of WWII. However, NATO, fearful of the spread of a new, Pure Marx form of communism, was reticent and the USA, UK and France colluded to build the Berlin Wall in order to secure political stability in the critical city.

After a hideous accident in early 1961, involving America's Chrome Dome programme, a nuclear bomb was detonated over rural North Carolina. Washington briefly fell into disarray, chains of command collapsed and a political decision was made to blame the USSR. In order to keep up the pretence a token nuclear strike was ordered by President Nixon against the city of Petropavlovsk on the Russian Pacific. The Russians were informed, although did not retaliate. When the details emerged the Soviet's restraint was lauded by the international community and the American government collapsed, as did several of the foreign governments which announced their support for the USA during the hours of the crisis.

In the United Kingdom the Committee of 100 organisation, led by Bertrand Russell, was emboldened by the crisis. It gained new members from across the political spectrum within chaotic parliament and a highly efficient campaign of civil disobedience was organised, including occupations of railway lines and industrial action. There was only the second General Strike in British history. Within weeks the government had collapsed, an emergency election was called and on a platform of complete nuclear disarmament and uncompromising constitutional reform the One Hundred Party swept to power. On the 29th of May, the 301st anniversary of the restoration for the House of Stuart, Bertrand Russell was declared the Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of the Island of Britain. Over the coming months a quasi-constitution was written in parliament which amounted to a Great Charter of rights and responsibilities for the British people in perpetuity. Other national paraphernalia was replaced; a new national anthem, Ireland was reunified, the four nations of the island of Britain received home rule and the new flag was adopted.

r2mhhc.jpg

[By the 29th of May, a legal settlement between Parliament and the Crown had not yet been reached. It was not until the 31st of December '61 that Queen Elizabeth II formally abdicated the throne of the United Kingdom, although no such arrangement was organised amongst the international Commonwealth realms, several of which remained kingdoms in their own right. The final settlement was far more generous than the Crown was expecting, it was the remaining loyalists in Parliament who were refusing to operate in the new situation. The Abolition of the Crown Settlement Act 1961 included the following: HMY Britannia, the Chair of King Edward and Stone of Scone, all the Crown Jewels excluding those created in 1661 for the Restoration, the hereditary title of Lord/Lady of the Isles to be recognised in perpetuity, private ownership of the Isles of Scilly and the Hebridean island of Barra and surrounding islets, and a lucrative deal leasing Windsor Castle to the British government for nine hundred and ninety nine years, after which market value would be paid for it to the then Lord/Lady of the Isles whomsoever that should be.]

r6qm.png

Early flag of the political party representing "The First Hundred" faction from Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy.

The flag slyly acknowledges that, despite their name, the first colonists of Mars actually numbered 101, due to infamous stowaway Desmond "The Coyote" Hawkins. The red coloured field represents the Martian surface and soil, the orange field represents the daytime Martian sky and the lilac-like stripe at the top of the flag represents Martian clouds. The larger and smaller red circles represent the two Martian moons, Phobos and Deimos. The Mars symbol at the flag's centre is self-explanatory, representing the planet and also forming a stylized "0". The two stylized "1"s on the flag are deliberately pillar-like, with their "foundations" in the red field, to represent that The First Hundred have come to Mars to form the pillars of a new society/civilization. The pillars are also interpreted as two-way routes between Earth and Mars, symbolizing The First Hundred's respect for the idea of open travel, open trade and open, good diplomatic relationships between the two planets. The sky stripe at the top of the flag also doubles as a symbol of the colonists' hope and belief in future progress, referencing the English idiom "The sky's the limit...".

THE BURNHAM HUNDRED or AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

The Burnham Hundred (one of the three parts of the famous Chiltern Hundreds) was granted independence from England by King Richard III on 13 March 1484, in return for its allegedly fervent support of Richard’s claim to the English throne. Richard kept all his mediaeval royal powers and assumed the title Grand Duke Richard.

This proclamation was a matter of local folklore but was dismissed by historians, although a few believed it to have been supressed, with all documents destroyed, by the Tudor King Henry VII (1485-1509) who had defeated and killed Richard III on 22 August 1485.

Richard’s body being unearthed in a car park in Leicester (2012) led to further excavations which eventually led to the discovery in York of a number of documents from his reign. Amongst these was the decree granting independence to (the Grand Duchy of) the Burnham Hundred. Despite years of legal wrangling, the independence of the Burnham Hundred was finally confirmed in 2020. The independence ceremony took place on 1 January 2021, with Edward Abney-Hastings being proclaimed Grand Duke.

The flag adopted by the Burnham Hundred was based upon the county flag of Buckinghamshire, with Richard III’s white boar emblem replacing the county’s swan.

29bovvn.png

The Grand Duchy had no intention of remaining separate from England for very long and after enjoying 4 years of being a tourist curiosity attraction re-joined England on 1 April 2024. Grand Duke Edward was allowed to keep his title and devoted the rest of his life to writing alternate history novels despite suffering from acute sealionophobia.

71tqc1.png

Would you buy a used horse from this man?​

The 3rd century of Zaptie, of the Union of Somalia, bears the battle honours of Zaptie foces going back to the Second Italian-Abyssinian war. Raised as a company during the Second World War, it arrived in Italy to assist in the fighting retreat of the Italian Army during 1941-2. The unit was part of a larger incorporation of African forces into the Italian Army during the defense of Sicily, which eventually resulted in the 3rd Zaptie being a part of the 1st Italian East African Division, which first saw combat in the liberation of Italy, and fought into Austria, through Czechia, and ended the war in the ruins of Dresden. Since independence, it has served under UN auspices in peacekeeping operations in Africa and the Middle East.

Below is the battle honours flag as it appeared during the Centenary of Somalia celebrations in 1989.

cwg8.png

COMMUNITY OF EUROZONE NATIONS

2025 Eurozone Authority becomes an organisation independent of national or international control.
2028 Eurozone Authority granted possession of Lundy Island. Conspiracy Theorists point out that the island once belonged to the Knights Templar.
2071 Community of Eurozone Nations (“CEN”) created, granted full membership of the United Nations.
2071 First CEN flag adopted :
6f4jyx.png
2099 Selene Republic becomes 100th member of the CEN.
2100 Second CEN flag adopted – ‘100’ motif :
2chmiaa.png

May 24th, 2014 will be a very special day for PFC Levski Sofia as they celebrate their centennial anniversary. In commemoration of this very special anniversary, all attendants to Levski Sofia matches will get a 30% discount on admission tickets and franchise items.

(May 24, 1914 was the official founding date of PFC Levski Sofia, back then they were called Sport Club Levski)

hc70.png

:D hey guys, first post here and would now like to enter into this this contest with my entry:p. this is the flag of the hecatonarch, an official in a cult who is in charge of exactly a thousand "soldiers" this outfit operates something like a organized crime group and is recognized to be :eek: because they deal in illegitmate activities but also have religious aspects like other cults. this is basically like a high ranking enforcer in triads, mafia etc.:p the symbol is two greek rho symbol next to each other to represent how many people the hecatonarch lead.

v4sz.png

Krall

Banned
Why I ain't voting for x flag:

flag4 - It has flowers on it

flag6 - I have seen similar beast in the woods)

flag10 - Triangular shape flag

I understand your other reasons, but these don't make any sense - especially the one about the flag being triangular. What's so wrong with flowers, animals similar to those you have seen in the woods, and triangles? :confused:

I understand your other reasons, but these don't make any sense - especially the one about the flag being triangular. What's so wrong with flowers, animals similar to those you have seen in the woods, and triangles? :confused:

I reality I'm to lazy to vote and make up reasons why not to vote

Krall

Banned
I reality I'm to lazy to vote and make up reasons why not to vote

Wouldn't it take less energy to actually consider each option and then vote for the one you like the most/don't vote if you don't like any of the options enough?

I was torn between Winstanley, ah-sue and BelloVelPaci's entries. All very elegant flags, and matching their background story well.

Alvar, it seems to me that your for and against reasons aren't really based on things which people can work on, but personal prejudices (You like Petike's because it has the male symbol, and dislike BelloVelPaci's because it uses a character from a different language?) which I don't think is really constructive.

Alvar, it seems to me that your for and against reasons aren't really based on things which people can work on, but personal prejudices (You like Petike's because it has the male symbol, and dislike BelloVelPaci's because it uses a character from a different language?) which I don't think is really constructive.

I really used this to increase amount of posts that I have ;D

Thanks for whoever voted for me.
Haven't decided who voting for yet. Probably First Hundred or Burnham.
Dare I say that the Commonwealth is winning specifically because it's not "English"? :D Looks like an Irish-Scottish Union

Thanks for whoever voted for me.
Haven't decided who voting for yet. Probably First Hundred or Burnham.
Dare I say that the Commonwealth is winning specifically because it's not "English"? :D Looks like an Irish-Scottish Union

Scots, other Scots even more Scots

I finally decided to vote

and here are the explanations of colors

DARK RED: color of the blood (I like blood)
DARK BLUE: my (2nd) favorite color (black is most favorite one)
WHITE: all flags need some contrast

I demand that pictures would be posted with/as their original link(s)

(just right click on the image and chose copy image URL and replace link in the tags with your copied link)

I would really appreciate that

I demand that pictures would be posted with/as their original link(s)

(just right click on the image and chose copy image URL and replace link in the tags with your copied link)

I would really appreciate that[/QUOTE]You want the pictures replaced with links?

E.g. [url]http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4513/0rzr.png[/url] for your flag?

no, like this

instead of

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4513/0rzr.png

it's

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=214516&stc=1&d=1380558345

the original link of the image

yes, it really makes no difference on computer but it has huge difference when using phone (at least in my browser it does)

and another plus is when you or image sharing site delete them they will stay as they are
But you can only attach one image to a post, so the only way I could include all the entries in one thread was by using an external image host.

if somebody is uploaded (as attachment) the image you can just copy the link of the image and use it in various other threads

so you don't have to reupload them to somewhere else than their current location

example is this post in the flag thread all of these flags are attachments from separate posts in my storage thread but I but them together into one post

here you can see that they are separate posts 1, 2, 3, 4