What country do you think deserves a wank?

What country that usually doesn’t get a wank do you guys think deserves one? I for one think Italy (Non-Fascist) should get a wank, they are always that empire that couldn’t quite make it in the big leagues, or better yet how about an Italian state wank, the little italy's rarely get any recognition. Anyway that’s my two cents what do you all think?

The Khmer have been screwed since the 15th century, and actually experienced ASB-level Vlad Tepes more recently. Surely the people who built Angkor deserve more love.

Delvestius

Banned
The Khmer have been screwed since the 15th century, and actually experienced ASB-level Vlad Tepes more recently. Surely the people who built Angkor deserve more love.

Agreed.

Some interesting wanks i'd like to see would be the Sassanids, Colonial Sweden, Venetian Republic, and the Bulgarian Empire..

Srivijaya (seriously, everyone forgot the existed until a Frenchmen dug up artifacts in the 1920's), Slovenia and Albania I guess.

I'd like to see a Peru-wank (some fate better than "that poor, backwards Latin American state which used to be the site of a great Amerindian Empire").

And lets see some wanks for those unhappy Caucasian lands: Armeniawanks and Georgiawanks.

And they don't actually _deserve_ it, but some ancient Israel wanks would be pretty cool.

Bruce

Interestingly phrased thread title...
Regardless, I feel that Indonesia could have been a great power under the right circumstances.

Have a nice day.
-MRegent

Zoroastrian Persia, I would say Coptic Egypt but they've got an awesome TL right now, Any Maghreb nation, Kingdom of Sicily, Emirate of Sicily, Muslim Egypt, Brittany, Al-Andalus (unless Age Of Al-Andalus gets updated again), Sultanate of Iconium, Oman (Seriously Oman is awesome), United Federation of Central America, and lastly and probably most importanly Liechtenstein.

Korea, I'd say. Sitting between two real-world wanks will do that.

Also, though it does not strictly belong here, what with pre-1900 and all that, I always thought a Cold War "bloc-free core Europe" would be interesting. A wank of the original third-worldism, if you will: Finland and Sweden, a neutralised Germany and Austria, Switzerland and a non-aligned Yugoslavia forming a cordon sanitaire between Stalin's conquests and America's newly dependent countries. If you can push things had enough, even Italy could join on Austrian terms.

Spanish Republic. Alternatively, non-Habsburg Spain.

Zulus.

Greco-Bactria.

El Cid.

The Marathas.

Ancient Egypt.

Norman Sicily.

Caribbean Pirates.

Haiti.

Tocharians.

Iranian pastoralist tribes (vs the Turks who conquered them IOTL).

Nubian Egypt.

Axum.

-Silesia or Slunzaks dominating Poland while Masurians/Mazovians become marginalized.
-Selurong/Tondo State not just making an independent "Luzon" but also conquering taiwan or parts of it
-Kyushu uniting with Okinawa making Kyushu an Okinawa on steroids.

Regardless, I feel that Indonesia could have been a great power under the right circumstances.

Perhaps so, though I hold one of the biggest issues it would face would be the fact 58% of the population lives on a single island that itself only constitutes 7.3% of the countries total land area, especially when the largest island (itself three times larger) as well as the portion of Borneo it controls (also much larger) are very fertile and good for habitation.

"nusantara" (pan-malayan indonesia wank)
bangladesh
burma/ myanmar
yunnan
pan turkic wank (believe this came up recently)

small communist republics post ww1 (bavaria, hungary, chinese soviet, etc)

silesia
moravia
slovakia
ruthenia/ galicia/ carpathia

african independence/ pan-african wank
pan caribbean wank

and maryland! pan chesapeakism/ mid atlanticism :D