Roman Republic

After the roman empire changes from a republic to a monarchy is their anyway by an imperial reform or something that the Roman empire becomes a Republic again?

Last edited:

Rex Romanum

Banned
I think it's nearly impossible...
A Roman state that encompassing the entire Mediterranean world was simply too big to be governed by the Senate...ambitious Roman generals always eager to start their own rebellions...
The Romans (especially the legions) need one strong figurehead that they could appealed to, that is the Emperor/Augustus...
And one more reason...a state that governed by an aristocracy always ended up more corrupted than a monarchy...as each aristocrats only care about themselves and how to gain more wealth and power...
So IMO the Romans would be better as Empire than corrupted Republic...

I think it's nearly impossible...
A Roman state that encompassing the entire Mediterranean world was simply too big to be governed by the Senate...ambitious Roman generals always eager to start their own rebellions...
The Romans (especially the legions) need one strong figurehead that they could appealed to, that is the Emperor/Augustus...
And one more reason...a state that governed by an aristocracy always ended up more corrupted than a monarchy...as each aristocrats only care about themselves and how to gain more wealth and power...
So IMO the Romans would be better as Empire than corrupted Republic...

Could their be a roman rebellion you know like Ceaser but instead of reverting to a aristocratic rebellion it is a plebian republic?
(honestly I am just wondering)