Which flag is your favourite entry?

Votes: 5 38.5%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, this round is now closed. There's be some really creative ideas, but which is your favourite?

The challenge was:

A flag for a North American union in an alternate timeline.

And here are the entries:

#1. Flag is from a North American Federation that united over a much worse Cold War. NORAD lead to even greater military integration with economic then political union later.
83396078.png

#2. Well, here's mine of the Dominion of British North America.
It's basically a defaced red ensign of the UK.
Each outer star represents a Province.
The inner star represents the Dominion as a whole and points down to represent that it is the British lands of the setting sun ie the west.
61184378.png

#3. Well, it's not quite a North American Union, but it does control the entirety of North America. And South America. And Oceania. And has a presence in Asia and Africa. It's a flag for the USA of Eurofed's Ameriwank TL "United States of the Americas and Oceania".
12703859.png

#4. I have no idea what sort of time-line this would be from, but it certainly looks alternate to me! The figures at the bottom are holding up the globe, rather than simply throwing their arms up in celebration, if it isn't clear enough.
86830539.png

#5. Flag of the Holy Reformed Empire of the Americas

During the Protestant reformations in europe, the American colonies became a religious refuge for people across all of Europe. The Pope in Rome actively encouraged the expulsion of heretics across the sea to remove their taint from Europe, saying "Let them congregate with the natural heathens of the far-side of the world". Kings and Queens of Europe took the opportunity to rid their lands of the protestants and troublemakers.

The HREofA is a loose congregation of protestant states currently centered on the Free Port of Nieuw Amsterdam. Every 24 years the Bishops Congregation changes home, and the flag changes so that the field reflects the culture of the housing state.
53762938.png