Challenge: British Motor Works

How do we get this car company:

:D:D:D:D

BMW.png

Bah! Everyone knows the British aren't mechanically inclined. ;)

Seriously though, possibly the Weimar Republic isn't formed and Imperial Germany opts to try and continue fighting? The Entente powers, after their successes in 1918, eventually push all the way into Germany in Spring/Summer of 1919 and partition former Imperial Germany?

Well, one possibility is that the Bavarian Motor Works company is confiscated by the British after WWII (and renamed :) ), even though it's kind of difficult to pull considering Bavaria was in the US occupation zone.

Susano

Banned
BMW founds a subsidary company in the UK, and opts to give it an own name, but one demonstrating closeness to the mother company ;)

IIRC BMWs first car was a license built Fraser Nash. So;

Fraser Nash after WW2 are flush with money from building bomber gun turrets (which they did) and BMW isn't much more than rubble. They pick up a 51% stake for a song - you fill in the rest.

IIRC BMWs first car was a license built Fraser Nash. So;

Fraser Nash after WW2 are flush with money from building bomber gun turrets (which they did) and BMW isn't much more than rubble. They pick up a 51% stake for a song - you fill in the rest.

Actually the BMW works did not get targeted much, funny that, seems to have been a lot of shareholders in the UK government methinks.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I suppose the question is whether BMW is trademarked since it is an acronym - if a British company comes along with the same initials, is there an international law to prevent it using the same ?

I was wondering if instead of Roots or BL one could see some kind of private industry rationalisation as BMW as meant here ?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Bravian Motor Works sets up a subsibary in Britian, then during WW 2 it becomes independent,
kind of like the Japanese Victor Company OTL.

Is this a DBWI? Half a mile from where I live in East Oxford there is a factory owned by BMW churning out the new Mini...

To pay for my gap year in Chile I had a job stamping parts for Rover but that was a decade ago now.. I doubt BMW would accept the standards we met :D

I remember being given a grinder and a pile of parts one week and being told to "just grind off the waste on the edges and blunt them a bit." The parts were aparently panels that went around the airbag... Good thing I was extra careful to do them properly.

.......assembling though, not manufacturing.

Yeah but us East Oxfordites are still pround this isn't a one horse uni town like Cambridge :)

Is this a DBWI? Half a mile from where I live in East Oxford there is a factory owned by BMW churning out the new Mini...

No, it's not DBWI. In OTL, "BMW" stands for 'Bavarian Motor Works'. In the ATL, it's supposed to stand for "British Motor Works", as represented by the emblem, which doesn't yield a stylized Bavarian flag but the Union Jack. :)