National Treasure-film

Saw on the preview while I was watching King Arthur a trailer for a Nic Cage film called NATIONAL TREASURE. It's due in November. May be AH cause it may involve hidden treasure-Knights Templar and a certain National document. See it in November.

Saw it too when i saw King Arthur. Looked to involve ancient Egypt, the ancient Hebrews, Templars, Free Masons. The treasure is presumably in the US. The name of the movie is a double entendre I believe.

Saw the same trailer under identical circumstances. The conspiracy buffs are going to have a field day. This movie throws in everybody it seems, along with the all seeing eye of the Illuminati.

Saw this in Premiere with its fall film preview. This film involves the Knights Templars . Check article out.

Saw it!Nicolas Cage and Diane Kruger were good.Sean Bean was the baddie.SPOILER :Takes place in Washington,dc, Philadelphia and NEw York.Cannot say more except the Knights Templars are involved.

I just saw this movie last night. I found it to be a very enjoyable movie. Comparisons to this and the Indiana Jones series are inevitable, but for me it was founded. While some of the history used in the film was slightly in particular when the designs for American Currency was established. Over all it was a very smart movie, a nice mix of action and thought, with a nice wit to it. I also found it interesting how they portrayed the freemasons as heroes as opposed to villans, secretly running the government behind closed doors. This movie also afirmed by belief that Benjamin Franklin is one of the coolest dudes ever.

ARW scene just for a few seconds like in the previews, told by Cage's character's grandfather.

SPOLIER

I liked how the Freemasons are heroes too. FBI chief is a Freemason too, hell yeah!

Last edited:
I agree with you on Benjamin Franklin.

SPOLIER

I think most people figured out that Ben and his dad screwed over Ian
at the end right? I did. It was pretty obvious. Anyone want to guesstimate the value of the treasure?

It looks very mainstream, and completely opposite from Focault's Pendulum and the Illuminatus series.

Oh well, it seems more interesting than the mundane "Science over religion" cabal in Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

Xen

Banned
What can I say but Damn Good Movie. Can Sean Bean make a bad movie? I really wish he didnt play Alec Trevelyan 006 in Golden Eye, that should have gone to Anthony Hopkins, that would allow Bean to assume the roll of James Bond in the next 007 flic.

Dianne Kruger is stunning once again, I loved her in Troy, and even more so in this movie. Very fascinating story behind it too. Nicholas Cage was great, but not quite the action hero type I pictured for the role. And the treasure was very impressive.

SPOILER:

Did anybody else find it rather stupid of Cage to not exchange cars when he stole his fathers? The FBI knew he had the car and were looking for it, why not get his friend Riley to get some cash from an ATM before they left DC and get a rental under an assumed name? They had everything else figured out, that just seemed to obvious.

I guess it shows, just because youre a genious it doesnt make you a smart guy.

May see it a second time to see any missed stuff.I think if they did use the ATM they'd be caught quicker.Did not like to see the name IAN as a villain.Any other name would do.I also think the way the document was perserved is NOT how it and the Constitution are REALLY preserved at night. ;) :cool:

Romulus Augustulus" YOU dont like the film. Dont go see it OR pan it.Do not give me this BS about everyone haas a right to their opinion.I do not like the film ALEXANDER so wont go to it or comment.National Treasure is a lot better than OCEAN's 11 and its EQUALLY pile of sh--t-Ocean's 12.Better story in Nic Cage's film than Clooney and pals.

I saw it as a cynical, hasty cashing-in. It seems to be working well so far...pretty good profits. I found the plotline as plausible as an ASB someone might write under the influence. Also, exactly what the magical medallion or whatever does is never revealed, which I find quite odd. I also found the characters to be stupid...I figured out the puzzles minutes before they did.

Leo Caesius

Banned
Cage and his father were basically taking a leaf from Jeff Goldblum's character in Independence Day -

Jeff: There's a huge ship of some kind in Earth's orbit! But why? Wait a minute! Chaos theory!
Chef: Chaos theory??
Jeff: Chaos theory, it was, it was first thought of in the sixties. Sixty. That's the number of episodes they made of Punky Brewster before it was cancelled. Cancelled...
Chef: Huh?
Jeff: Don't you see? The show is over! The aliens are cancelling Earth!

Leo Caesius

Banned
The interesting thing about this film, in my mind, is that it is the first film in a long time to present the Freemasons in a positive light. The movie was practically a recruitment project for the Masons.