Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire

James G

Gone Fishin'
Fantastic return!

I should say that when I read this TL back in the day - it feels so long ago - I was inspired by it for my own then TL. I used Lebed and Putin both against each other in that one and will be doing that again in my current one soon enough. Your take on them both was far more detailed than mine but the inspiration was there.

Spoils below! Presidential elections for the United States in Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire.

Edit: some corrections made, more comments always welcome.

50XVqkw.png

Last edited:
I'd post up the Russian National Anthem, but...I don't think it was ever mentioned in the TL what the UIS' anthem was? Did they keep the old Soviet melody with new words, or get something new?

Anyway, in lieu of that...

I'd post up the Russian National Anthem, but...I don't think it was ever mentioned in the TL what the UIS' anthem was? Did they keep the old Soviet melody with new words, or get something new?

Anyway, in lieu of that...

The old East German national anthem could be used (after of course getting Russified). The tune is amazing and the lyrics are already non-communist/generic.

Alternatively, this could be used (after re-wording):

It'll be something Russian -- maybe Bozhe Tsarye Khrani reworded, maybe the USSR anthem reworded, maybe Patriocheskya Pesnya, maybe Nasha Derzhava

Welcome back, Pellegrino! I read through this TL in your absence and it became one of my favourites on the site. I'm excited to see it continue!

I know it's a pain in the ass, but if you could threadmark the whole story that would be wonderful.

I'll work on it. It will be a time consuming process but I am trying to clean up the thread as well. I noticed that since it moved over to this new format the text is a lot smaller as well.