Your region in Fallout.

Southeastern Arizona-

Pre-War: My hometown still resembles it's 1950's self. Cotton farming, cattle ranching and copper mining is still big to the economy here. By the 2050's copper mining here picks up drastically and the whole area and mountains north of town is mined down to a crater and the National Forests to the south of me are logged and stripped due to the Resource shortages. But money and work is plentiful. The National Guard armory has a few shiny T-51b powersuits.

Post-War: Being almost 130 miles away from Tucson, no bombs hit here. However, 70 miles to the south, the entire I-10 corridor is peppered by Chinese (and possibly Soviet) missiles. The Silos between Benson and Tucson are hit. Tucson is annihilated, Davis-Monthan AFB is reduced to a crater. Plenty of radiation hangs around to the south of here.

My town in the following months after October 23, 2077 becomes a haven for refugees from Phoenix and Tucson. There is a high pre-War LDS population here, but many non-LDS as well. By the early 2100's the area resembles a cross between Redding, Shady Sands and New Canaan. Farming and brahmin ranching become common again by the 2160's-70's, ghoul's from the Great War have made their way here by now, possibly even a detachment of the Master's supermutants. Merchants from as far East as Texas have arrived. It possibly sports a Black Mountain-style radio station too, playing the likes of Hank Williams and Slim Whitman.

The areas outside of here are extremely dangerous, a town to my immediate Northeast across the mountains is a polluted pre-War mining site and resembles the Pitt, but much smaller. There is a huge problem with raiders, bandits, mutants, violent tribes, rad-scorpions and giant ants, forcing this town to wall itself off from the outside.

By the 2240's Caesar's Legion arises in Arizona, the Legion brings order here and either takes this place by force or promise of order. But I believe Caesar takes this town by force, enslaving many, this town stagnates under the Legion's brutality, but now has safer trade routes with the outside, which it cannot afford to give up.

Last edited:
Waterbury, Ct. Prewar, it's an economically depressed and struggling urban center and former industrial hub. Not a fun place to be if you don't already HAVE a job.

Post-war, a smoking ruin. We are most likely still listed as a target and even if we aren't, we're smack in the middle of a long line of other targets from Washington DC to Boston. We now glow green at night, but that's ok because the survivors are all ghouls anyways.

Oregon, Western.

Pre-war: From the 1940's to 2060, logging and to a lesser extant farming remain big. However wehn the global economy started to really fall apart for the US in 2060, the mills shut down, but the people remained fed. It remained this way till 2067 when loggers returned to the woods and the mills reopened to produce lumber for the war effort. While food shortages gripped most of the midwest in the mid to late 2070's oregonians remained fed on a rather bland diet.

War: Because China launched allot of its bombs in a last desperate attack on the United States, more bombs fell on Oregon than many experts expected, but the number was low compared to California and Washington with all of them being air burst.

Post war: Although Oregon was lightly bombed, the nuclear devistation of the world made it so 98% of the population died from the breakdown pre-war civilization, and the acid rain that followed. However, the 2% survival rate was better than almost anything else in the northern hemesphier, but sadly the people were unable to band together to keep pre-war America going and Oregon broke down into fueding city states that existed on agriculture, and would remain in this state untill 2250 when a detatchment of Enclave soldiers took over the City state of Astoria and expanded the Enclaves reach in Oregon. After to setbacks in California and Washington DC, the Enclave remant lost touch with the other remants, and the leading commander declared himself president of the United States, but the Enclave has only limited control over the area around the Columbia River.
Further South, the NCR is slowing colonizing the Southern part of Oregon, with settelments as far north as Kalamath Falls.

All I know is that the Great Khans supposedly make an empire in Wyoming in one of the endings of New Vegas.

All I know is that the Great Khans supposedly make an empire in Wyoming in one of the endings of New Vegas.

I sure wish Bethesda would give some implications for a canonical ending of New Vegas.

Personally, I think an Independent Vegas with Mr. House in charge while being an NCR protectorate with control of the Hoover Dam would be the best case scenario.

Included with the Great Khans heading North and breaking from the Legion.

Rowlett, Texas: Once a boom town, with a population of over 100,000 and a burgeoning video game & computer industry, it's downfall came on that fateful October afternoon, when Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Denton, and Garland were destroyed by some of the Chinese bombs. What had been a nice, mostly sunny 80-degree day, turned into a orangeish nightmare, and as people scrambled for the vaults, or whatever other shelter they could find, nobody knew when, or even if, they'd ever come out.
Those brave few who did, soon learned of the aftermath. Rowlett had been spared most of the fallout but the nearby towns of Sachse and Wylie had been drowned by the Garland debris. Even worse, some of the fallout from Dallas had gotten into Lake Ray Hubbard and was contaminating what had been the primary source of water for 80,000 people.
In the end, only about half of the people survived, and the only ones who ended up being truly safe were those few thousand in the vaults.

Nowadays, a few buildings remain, but even they are mostly in disrepair; recently, however, a developer from the Carbon area has made plans to try to rebuild the Dallas area....including towns like Rowlett.

Included with the Great Khans heading North and breaking from the Legion.
Personally, I wish those jerks would finally die. The Khans, New Khans, Great Khans - whatever the incarnation, they've refused to take the blame for the poor relations and blamed it all on the NCR.

Rowlett, Texas: Once a boom town, with a population of over 100,000 and a burgeoning video game & computer industry, it's downfall came on that fateful October afternoon, when Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Denton, and Garland were destroyed by some of the Chinese bombs. What had been a nice, mostly sunny 80-degree day, turned into a orangeish nightmare, and as people scrambled for the vaults, or whatever other shelter they could find, nobody knew when, or even if, they'd ever come out.
Those brave few who did, soon learned of the aftermath. Rowlett had been spared most of the fallout but the nearby towns of Sachse and Wylie had been drowned by the Garland debris. Even worse, some of the fallout from Dallas had gotten into Lake Ray Hubbard and was contaminating what had been the primary source of water for 80,000 people.
In the end, only about half of the people survived, and the only ones who ended up being truly safe were those few thousand in the vaults.

Nowadays, a few buildings remain, but even they are mostly in disrepair; recently, however, a developer from the Carbon area has made plans to try to rebuild the Dallas area....including towns like Rowlett.

Were there video game companies in-universe?

But yes, RobCo, Apricot and Macrosoft would be big in the region ITTL. I have been to the area.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-War_companies

Last edited:
My region ?

Giant mutated storks and pheasants pecking at strawhat-wearing and hoe-wielding badass village yokels that ride around in Mad Max-ed Škoda 120s ? ;) :p

Well, since the Fallout-world is a retro-futuristic Atomic-powered 1950's on steroids. The yokels would be driving something along the lines of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_440/445

But the first two games also had some anachronistic not-50s stuff as well (there were actual references to Max). I do agree that 40s and 50s Škodas and Tatras would be even cooler. Check out the Tatra 600, it has dieselpunk written all over it.

Last edited:
My Region

See Fallout 3 for details in particular the point Lookout expansion. Yes also not to far from a military base. So yes my region got hammered when the bombs fell.

Nebraska? Probably your standard semi-nomadic hunter tribals with some agriculture. Omaha probably would've been flattened due to Offut, and the nuclear silos in western Nebraska probably would've been hit.

See Fallout 3 for details in particular the point Lookout expansion. Yes also not to far from a military base. So yes my region got hammered when the bombs fell.

Point Lookout wasn't hit, but it caught some radiation over the years. By 2277 the swamps had reclaimed the land and many of the locals became swampfolk or tribals. By 2281, it may be in the same state, but possibly with a Punga Fruit trade to the Capital Wasteland.

Just don't go too far into the swamps.

Personally, I wish those jerks would finally die. The Khans, New Khans, Great Khans - whatever the incarnation, they've refused to take the blame for the poor relations and blamed it all on the NCR.

While true, I would love to see a Khan empire in Wyoming/Idaho square off with the New Canaanites and Caesar's Legion, especially the latter.

Nebraska? Probably your standard semi-nomadic hunter tribals with some agriculture. Omaha probably would've been flattened due to Offut, and the nuclear silos in western Nebraska probably would've been hit.

It was actually shown in Fallout Tactics, http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Plains_Commonwealth

Other than that, your right, Omaha and most of the rest of the state is toast.

My region

Southern Maryland and in particular Lexington park were probably bombed at lest once, due to the Pautuxent naval air station is located here. Also that poor pilot in point lookout was try to find it in my opion when He went down to land.

North Eastern Indiana was hit not nearly as hard as the surrounding areas of Illinois and Michigan, but radioactive fallout killed most of the local crops of 2077, resulting in a famine that left barely four percent of the pre-war population alive. Currently, several small nation and city states have risen:

The Kekionga Alliance: A nation state somewhat similar to ancient Athens, lead by Generalissimo Thomas Harding. Their power base is the former city of Ft. Wayne, with several small communities allied to their more powerful neighbor. While having some democratic institutions, such as voting for the citizens (15% of a pop. of 170,000), it is an odd hybrid of a presidential dictatorship and a constitutional monarchy. Currently, citizenship can only be gained by serving in the military, and then only to native born persons form the Alliance.

The United States of Michiana: A survivor nation with control of Steuben, De Kalb, and Hillsdale Counties, it is the closest to a revived United States in the area, sans the few Enclave outposts near the Free City of Wabash. Its government is a libertarian democracy, with little if any regulation of the people or its markets, leading to excessive drug abuse and multiple market breakdowns. Unfortunately, they have gained the attention of the Kekionga Alliance due to the small size of their military, which relies mostly on volunteers.

The Free City of Wabash: A major city state along the Wabash River, they are the breadbasket of NE Indiana, providing nearly a third of all crops produced in the regions, thanks mostly to the survival of a pre-war strain of corn found in at an old seed company. They are currently the only nation in the area willing to host an Enclave military outpost, as it brings in more caps for the small nation, while also keeping the Kekionga Alliance from doing anything rash.

The Free City of Columbia: Another city state in the region, home to a small yet steadily growing energy weapons manufacturer. The Enclave has made several deals with the city, and hosts an Enclave embassy like Wabash, but it is not willing to host a small military presence, as its small conscript army can easily be filled out with militia and mercenary tribes like the 469'ers and the White Roses.

In addition, several small tribes exist call the area home. Most of these tribes, like the aforementioned 469'ers and White Roses, act as Native American scouts did, but with a more pronounced role, and the ability to "hire out" members of their tribes to the waring nation states.

One tribe does stand out though. Known as the Raythies, this tribe is similar to the Mongols of long ago, but have somehow managed to salvage many pre-war military vehicles such as their small collection of WWII armor.

North Eastern Indiana was hit not nearly as hard as the surrounding areas of Illinois and Michigan, but radioactive fallout killed most of the local crops of 2077, resulting in a famine that left barely four percent of the pre-war population alive. Currently, several small nation and city states have risen:

The Kekionga Alliance: A nation state somewhat similar to ancient Athens, lead by Generalissimo Thomas Harding. Their power base is the former city of Ft. Wayne, with several small communities allied to their more powerful neighbor. While having some democratic institutions, such as voting for the citizens (15% of a pop. of 170,000), it is an odd hybrid of a presidential dictatorship and a constitutional monarchy. Currently, citizenship can only be gained by serving in the military, and then only to native born persons form the Alliance.

The United States of Michiana: A survivor nation with control of Steuben, De Kalb, and Hillsdale Counties, it is the closest to a revived United States in the area, sans the few Enclave outposts near the Free City of Wabash. Its government is a libertarian democracy, with little if any regulation of the people or its markets, leading to excessive drug abuse and multiple market breakdowns. Unfortunately, they have gained the attention of the Kekionga Alliance due to the small size of their military, which relies mostly on volunteers.

The Free City of Wabash: A major city state along the Wabash River, they are the breadbasket of NE Indiana, providing nearly a third of all crops produced in the regions, thanks mostly to the survival of a pre-war strain of corn found in at an old seed company. They are currently the only nation in the area willing to host an Enclave military outpost, as it brings in more caps for the small nation, while also keeping the Kekionga Alliance from doing anything rash.

The Free City of Columbia: Another city state in the region, home to a small yet steadily growing energy weapons manufacturer. The Enclave has made several deals with the city, and hosts an Enclave embassy like Wabash, but it is not willing to host a small military presence, as its small conscript army can easily be filled out with militia and mercenary tribes like the 469'ers and the White Roses.

In addition, several small tribes exist call the area home. Most of these tribes, like the aforementioned 469'ers and White Roses, act as Native American scouts did, but with a more pronounced role, and the ability to "hire out" members of their tribes to the waring nation states.

One tribe does stand out though. Known as the Raythies, this tribe is similar to the Mongols of long ago, but have somehow managed to salvage many pre-war military vehicles such as their small collection of WWII armor.

Wouldn't this region be able to see the attack from Mothership Zeta that hit Ontario?