Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Central Powers win WW1

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Axis powers win WW2

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Roman Empire surviving most interests me, seconded by Chinese colonisation.
As for living in that world, I'd go Central Powers win WW1; no Cold War, less powerful corporations, no 50s-80s suspicion of any kind of liberalist tendencies, and most importantly, NO HOLOCAUST!
;Hitler did nasty things to the international human psyche; Judaism is just a religion, damnit! ...Stupid Israelis... *mumblemumble*
*Still trying to figure out where his opinions put him on the anti-semite scale :p*

Leej said:
No successful American Revolution would be the best world by far, it would be a great place .
Really? I know 300 million ish people that might disagree with you…

I picked Central Powers Win TL, because the outcome would be easier to chart then a lot of the others, and probably more (at least marginally) pleasant then Nazis win or perhaps OTL.

John Wilkes Booth escapes.Book-out of print-Cosgrove Report.Basically Booth replaces the man following him and becomes Cosgrove .Becomes wealthy overnight by sending blackmail letters to certain politicians, businessmen and military requesting money or else.Very good story.

Hermanubis said:
Really? I know 300 million ish people that might disagree with you…
I picked Central Powers Win TL, because the outcome would be easier to chart then a lot of the others, and probably more (at least marginally) pleasant then Nazis win or perhaps OTL.

Why? Are you seriosuly suggesting the world would be a worse place? How would the North American part of it be a worse place?
As opposed to a different one. Palpably not. Much of the evil of the twentieth century would have been averted had the transfer of global power from Britain to North America gone more smoothly.

On the other hand I agree with you, Central Powers victorious is fascinating, creating a structurally different world, neither utopian nor dystopian. There are also so many variations on this theme.

I am also a big fan of 30s PODs.

Straha

Banned
Diamond said:
The descriptions in Alternate Earths I for Dixie are much more in-depth. It's actually a really cool TL.
I found the short usmarry in Infinate Worlds VERY cool so I ordered Alternate Earths 1. I'm waiting for it to come in(order it on tuesday and they saaid 4-14 days).

Superdude

Banned
Wozza said:
Why? Are you seriosuly suggesting the world would be a worse place? How would the North American part of it be a worse place?
As opposed to a different one. Palpably not. Much of the evil of the twentieth century would have been averted had the transfer of global power from Britain to North America gone more smoothly.

How do you know that?

History moves in myserious ways, my friend.

Maybe the world just unites around France (or Russia!) against Britain, and it results in several world wars, or extremely bloody proxy wars all over the world.

I however, am fascinated with Viking Colonizing the New World. What im MORE interested in, is What if the Vikings succeeded in conquering England and Ireland?

Superdude said:
How do you know that?

History moves in myserious ways, my friend.

Maybe the world just unites around France (or Russia!) against Britain, and it results in several world wars, or extremely bloody proxy wars all over the world.
Superdude said:
Very true but we have to look at the probabilities and the vaguely rational responses of the actors involved. It is interesting how OTL the US became a superpower with no-one noticing or minding much leading up to 1917.

Britain prooked plenty of jealousy but the Reichsbank actively colluded in supporting the Bank of England and London's central place in the global financial system in the pre-1914 period.

If a Great Power is non-threatening, and it has a role supporting your position and economic development you do not necessarily challenge it violently. The British have a clear willingness to appease and accomodate (in the positive sense of the words in the 1880-1914 period.