Yet another British America thread

Having recently read a rather expansive history of the Seven Years' War, I've found myself quite enamored of Grenville's plans for the colonies. If only he had been able to explain his ideas more clearly...

Now, the main crux of the colonists' opposition to taxation, as all American schoolchildren are aware, was the lack of representation. Put the provinces, from Nova Scotia south to Georgia (Quebec and the Floridas don't necessarily need to be included, I feel), under the authority of a Parliament, whether in London (Transport and communication issues may render this difficult.) or in the Americas. I feel the latter is more likely at this point, with the American Parliament being placed in Philadelphia and MAPs being apportioned to provinces based on population.

Please, those with thoughts, do share.

archaeogeek

Banned
Over Pitt's dead body.

However, a more shrewd politican could have arranged it thus
- Token lords (basically, fully recognize the title of the baron de Longueil, maybe add a second or third lord in parliament and that's about it)
- Each province becomes a county of Britain: as such each gets 2 members of parliament, for a grand total of 32 members of parliament (Florida, the 13 counted as 12 because Delaware is part of PA, Canada, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland). If feeling generous, grant a few boroughs (Boston, Williamsburg, New York, Quebec, Halifax, maybe but less likely New Haven, Baltimore, Charlotte).
- Taxation and Trading Company monopolies go on as before with the American colonies' voices drowned under the weight of Great Britain.