Votes: 80 52.6%
  • Stalinist Soviet Union

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • North Korea

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Muslim Integralism

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
The mongols and all that may have been bad but they are well in the past while the nazis still have large lasting effects.
Stalin was bad though he wasn't the one who actually started the war, he wasn't as evil as Hitler imo.

In reply to the current topic the British empire was good. It had some bad spots but then everyone does. Someone mentioned on the old forum that the bad acts the British empire commited are remembered by everyone more then those of other empires as they were so out of character for Britain.
India isn't in a very good state but without Britain it would be much worse- I'm not saying Britain in India was a good thing though compared to the other fates India could have enjoyed it was.

Oh, Come On!

The British? The numbers game is not a legitimate way to gauge evil; INTENT (that is, coupled with an actual crime) is the only yardstick.

For instance, which of the three is the worst, or most evil?

1. Susie, while emptying Mary's dishwasher, drops a plate, breaking 10 of Marys glasses.

2. Susie, incensed at Mary's refusal to understand that the POD of a hyena coughing in Africa will not radically change history, throws a glass at Mary's head, breaking the glass.

3. Susie plans to break all of Mary's glasses, but gets accepted to art school and the idea slips her mind.

Diamond

Banned
Clearly, response #3 is the worst, or most evil.

#1 is accidental (I think) - the side effects were not planned.

#2 is a sort of 'temporary insanity' thing - its not premeditated. The immediate effect is worse than #1, but can be smoothed out thru discussion and honesty.

#3 is clearly premeditated, devious, and evil. The fact that it slips Susie Schikelgruber's mind is even worse - its like a buried mine waiting to go off; who knows when she'll remember and act on it?

:D

Wow.

Diamond said:
Clearly, response #3 is the worst, or most evil.

#1 is accidental (I think) - the side effects were not planned.

#2 is a sort of 'temporary insanity' thing - its not premeditated. The immediate effect is worse than #1, but can be smoothed out thru discussion and honesty.

#3 is clearly premeditated, devious, and evil. The fact that it slips Susie Schikelgruber's mind is even worse - its like a buried mine waiting to go off; who knows when she'll remember and act on it?

:D

I did not expect anyone to say that. #2 seems to me to clearly be the most evil, since Susie #2 deliberately tried to harm Mary. #1 was an accident, and #3 was an evil thought, but not carried out. Haven't you ever plotted Scott's demise? It's not evil unless you actually do it.

This sounds like a good poll.

2 is the most evil.
I always come up with schemes for ultimate evil deeds but never carry them out.

Help, save use from the EEEEVILL British Imperialists

"India is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the evil of British Imperialism"

The British Empire, while sinking, at times, to shamefully low points (e.g. the Amritsar Massacre) was on the whole, one of the greatest forces for good that the world has ever and possibly will ever see.

"I think you will also find that modern liberal democracy the world over is a direct result of the British Empire"

That is the most obvious example but in addition to that the British Empire went into its colonies to make money but didn't resort to simply raping entire countries and peoples to do so. Let us take the example of Malaya. The British started out with the Crown Colonies of Penang, Malacca and Singapore. However, slowly but surely over the course of the 19th Century, each and every malay state was incorporated into the Frderated states of Malaya. In none of these cases did the british go in guns blazing- indeed in many cases they were invited in. Upon taking control of each Malay state, the british set about abolishing slavery, building roads and railroads, eliminating corrupt local government etc etc...
Much the same thing happened a few decades before this in India. The Mutiny was the tragic result of the governing style of the East India company- however, the British showed they could learn from their mistakes, dissolving the EIC after the Mutiny had been quelled.

I think one thing above all shows the true spirit of the British Empire. By the 1950s they had educated enough of the best and brightest of the colonial natives to the extent that they could ask and obtain self rule and later independence.

Speaking as an Indian myself, and having spoken with relatives who remember living under the British, I can confidently say that british rule in many parts of Asia was in many ways better than what replaced it.

And where does the figure of 1 billion dead in India come from anyway?

Hymie Goldberg said:
British imperialism and mercantilism is responsible for every single one of the world's ills
Sorry to be an anal retentive literalist, but every single one?
AIDS?
Cancer?
79.5% of Japanese Anime? :p

You can't blame the British for everything. The only thing's that they've really done wrong, more so than other countries is that they can't cook, and they mauled the language that they themselves invented. Other than that, they're ok.

Oh, and they've got bad teeth. But they're still better than the French. At least the Brits can hold their own in a fight.

Hymie Goldberg said:
Yes. I do realize that. The US is the tool of the British bankers, has been since 1907.

Prove it. I've heard bits and pieces of this supposed conspiracy before, yet I've never gotten the whole story. Other than the fact that both countries are run by greedy people looking out for their own self interests (as they should be, those are the only kind of people you can trust), there's not much evidence for it, AFAIK

It's funny; the people who adore Britain and the people who loathe Britain have one thing in common: they still view Britain as one of the central forces in the world. I'm really sorry, but it just isn't a Power. It hasn't been for a very long time. To think that America dances to British interests? Come on. That's as bad as those who think the US is a slave to Israel, when clearly the truth is the other way around. If anything, Britain depends upon the United States, and is quick to agree to its views; otherwise, it will have to fully join the EU to maintain its position in the world, in which case it will be promptly swallowed up by Germany's population and economy, and France (which has refused to let Germany's leash go after WW2).

Knight Of Armenia said:
It's funny; the people who adore Britain and the people who loathe Britain have one thing in common: they still view Britain as one of the central forces in the world. I'm really sorry, but it just isn't a Power. It hasn't been for a very long time. To think that America dances to British interests? Come on. That's as bad as those who think the US is a slave to Israel, when clearly the truth is the other way around. If anything, Britain depends upon the United States, and is quick to agree to its views; otherwise, it will have to fully join the EU to maintain its position in the world, in which case it will be promptly swallowed up by Germany's population and economy, and France (which has refused to let Germany's leash go after WW2).
See, I like Britain mainly because they handled losing the major power status better than the French did.

"See, I like Britain mainly because they handled losing the major power status better than the French did."

Agreed. I don't try to argue that the uK is in any way a world power currently. I just feel that when it was, it handled its power in ways that were much better than other world powers through history.

My vote goes to Mongols. Their entire power base was built upon instilling fear into those they conquered.

Nazi's are a close second. They are the most modern and most connectable version of evil in the modern world. Still though its the mongols for me.

lol Britian isn't that bad. I mean if you weren't colonized by them it would have just been someone else. I love these arguements cause it comes down to the exact same thing: "Its crap being the losers":D

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
Grey Wolf and Ian the Admin both posted here!

This is definitely sacred ground :D

And don't forget The Pasha, another sorely missed and distinguished member.

Hmm, I think it's either the Nazis or the Khmer Rouge. Being executed simply for wearing glasses or looking clever is pretty hard to beat. Add to that ONE THIRD of the population of Cambodia murdered by that insane regime, then you have a very nasty gang of thugs indeed.

Sargon

Superdude

Banned
You know you can switch "british" with "jew" in all his posts, and you would get what he was really aiming ofr before he got banned?

I mean, his name said it all

In my opinion, the worst were the Nazis.

Worst villain ever? The Monarch, no doubt. He's simply no good at killing Dr. Venture.

Hypno-Hustler and Big Wheel run a close second.

Answer to worst villian ever

My choice for worst villain is the Nazis.

I don't know wht the banned Hymie Goldberg had against the Brits but he apparently sees (saw?) no good to the Empire at all.

Despite my choice of Nazis as the worst, some of them were not evil.

No matter how much you dislike or despise a group, you REALLY shouldn't generalize. There are good and bad in ALL groups.