Votes: 80 52.6%
  • Stalinist Soviet Union

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • North Korea

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Muslim Integralism

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
Exactly, they weren't evil, they were an empire. There's a major difference. There has never been a nation which creates an empire for the purpose of bettering the lives of the citizens of the world. No, empires are created expressly to generate money for the mother nation. But, there's a huge difference between creating an empire and being evil.

But the same argument could be said for many of those except for the Nazis, Russians, and the Cinese. And even then u could find loop holes.

You just proved my whole point. The Nazis, Soviets, and Chinese Communists under Mao did it because they were evil, making them the worst villains.

Hymie Goldberg said:
British victims in thier India colony alone: 1,000,000,000

What the hell are you talking about? One billion.

Are you saying that the British lined up a billion people, made them dig their own graves, and then shot them like the Nazis did to the Jews and Russians?

Or, perhaps they were left to starve because the Chinese government was 'reforming' the nation?

Or, maybe they were sent to Siberia where they could freeze to death?

Or, perhaps the entire living population of India, including those who answer the phone when I call for tech support for my computer are clearly victims?

By that sense, maybe all Americans are victims too, since they were part of the British Empire?

And the Native Americans too, because the Americans killed them 100 years after freeing themselves?

Maybe instead of whining about how they've been victimized, the Indians should build themselves up to American levels. After all, we did it for ourselves without British help, why should the Indians, and Africans for that matter, make the British do it?

The Black Shirt Nazis were, undoubtedly more evil than the British Imperialists have ever been (and still are). However, the Black Shirts only had about 10 years to work thier evil while the British have had 400 years(and are looking forward to at least 100 more)to work thier, albeit lesser, evil.

Mao wasn't evil, neither was Stalin. They both did what they saw as necessary to create a society without oppression. They were no more racist than Churchill and FDR.

Hymie Goldberg said:
The Black Shirt Nazis were, undoubtedly more evil than the British Imperialists have ever been (and still are). However, the Black Shirts only had about 10 years to work thier evil while the British have had 400 years(and are looking forward to at least 100 more)to work thier, albeit lesser, evil.

So, the British are still in India, still commiting genocide (or whatever you say they did which was abnormal for an empire) as they have for the past 400 years. Oh, and by the way, I guess you have a crystal ball so you know that the British, who never left in 1947 as I was alway led to believe, will keep committing this hidden 'genocide' for the next 100 years.

At least at many points during the British occupation of India, the Indians were in rebellion, killing thousands of innocent British (see the Cawnpore massacre, where the Indians signed an agreement to allow the British to leave without harm, and then slaughtered them while they left, later killing the women and children in jail) where as the Jews that Hitler killed were simply trying to live their lives. But, no, the British are horrible, horrible villains....

India is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the evil of British Imperialism. The 1,000,000,000 in Indian were mentioned because that was the single most egregious example that still reverberates today due to the sheer numbers of people who continue affected by British imperial policy.

I didn't say the British were still in India, I meant that they are still imperialists--and look forward to another 100 years of working thier own evil.

They have been destroying cultures for 400 years (you could even claim more than that if you go back to Henry V's murder of the captured French nobility) and continue to do so through the World Bank and IMF.

Regardless of the actions the Nazis took, they (Black Shirts) were only in action for a decade--and they ultimately failed. And, before you try to say it was the British who stopped them remember who provided the cannon fodder for defeating the Nazis: the "evil" Stalin. Was Stalin evil for forcing Siberians and Khazaks to fight for European Russia against the Nazis?

How can the British, who've been successful in sowing thier evil for 400 years and counting be less evil than a regime that lasted for only a decade and was ultimately unsuccessful in doing what they set out to do?

Walter_Kaufmann said:
At least at many points during the British occupation of India, the Indians were in rebellion, killing thousands of innocent British ....

Um, if the British were occupiers, they weren't innocent.

BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DELIBERATELY SET ABOUT TO ELIMINATE A RACE OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

How can you say that a nation that wanted to literally exterminate an entire race of human beings is not more evil than the goddamned British Empire???

But then again, considering your name, maybe you don't care that the Nazis set about to wipe all Jewish people off the face of the earth.

Oh my God, I did not lose the argument. I can see that I'm not going to change your opinion, no matter what I say. And I know for goddamned certain you're not going to change mine, so what is the point of continuing the argument? Just to get more and more frustrated?

Grey Wolf

Donor
Crazy AH World

Hmmm, I've woken up into an Alternate History Timeline where people blame the British for everything, how utterly bizarre.

I think you will find that a lot of British imperialism was carried out with the EXPRESS PURPOSE of eliminating the slave trade. Under internationally-agreed terms this included the 'Hinterland' policy of annexing territories that bordered on one's own for the express purpose of securing the latter. You will see where this came into effect together in places such as Sokoto (Northern Nigeria) where the British expedition was carried out to halt the slave trade, to break the power of the sultanate to carry out raids into British protectorates, and then to annex them under the Hinterland policy

I think you will also find that modern liberal democracy the world over is a direct result of the British Empire

Sorry, this is crazy, I can't be bothered to argue anymore against such crazy allegations

Grey Wolf

Hymie, don't you relaize that ALL the guilts you cast upon the British Empire are now, multiplied by 10, to be cast upon the USA as sole legitimate heir?

basileus said:
Hymie, don't you relaize that ALL the guilts you cast upon the British Empire are now, multiplied by 10, to be cast upon the USA as sole legitimate heir?

Yes. I do realize that. The US is the tool of the British bankers, has been since 1907.

Walter_Kaufmann said:
Okay, well, clearly there's no convincing you that the most evil nations in the history of the planet are worse than the British Empire so I'll leave you with a couple of statistics.

Empires and the deaths they are responsible for:

Mao Zedong's Regime (incl. Civil War): 54,000,000
Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany: 40,000,000
Joseph Stalin, Lenin, and Soviet Russia: 38,800,000

But, clearly, the 133 million deaths above are all the blame of the 'horrid' British Empire....

I don't think one should count victims of wars as "villianism". War is war. While I don't like it peopel die in wars, it's to be expected. It can't be on same levels as concentration camps, gulags, killing fields etc.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone can take Hymie's statements as anything other that a deliberate attempt to start flamewars. There is no need to respond to him on these ludicrous claims.