WI: Henry II and Brothers Die During Youth

The title says it all. What if Henry II of our OTL, and his younger brothers, all die during their youths; this is during the English Anarchy, when their mother Matilda (daughter of the dead Henry I) and Stephen of Blois (son of Henry I's sister, Matilda's cousin) vied for the throne of England.

Among Matilda's supporters are her bastard brother Earl Robert of Gloucester, and her husband Count Geoffrey of Anjou; Stephen's supporters are his wife Countess Matilda of Boulogne, and his brother Bishop Henry of Winchester. Assuming that Bishop Henry becomes a papal legate in 1139 as in OTL (and there's no reason why not, the POD hasn't even arrived yet), this gives Stephen control over religious matters in England, and the Pope's support--in return for more power to the Church, of course.

Now it's not even close to ASB to say that Henry II and his brothers might have died in 1140 or 1141. All that needs occur is an accident or illness (quite likely, given the child mortality of the period), and they are gone. With this Matilda's claim is useless; she is already past her mid-30s, and the absence of a living male claimant on her end is glaring. I daresay she would lose all support.

Now rebellion might center on her bastard brother, Robert of Gloucester. Though a bastard, he is healthy, middle-aged, a proven commander, with a healthy, sound son (probably a teenager or in his early 20s by 1140). Matilda might feel grateful to him; if yes or no, enemies of the Church and local barons willing to prolong the conflict--and their profitable, unchecked raids on nearby barons (it wasn't called The Anarchy for nothing--would certainly be glad to support Robert. The rebellious Welsh, eager to avenge Henry I's visitation of suffering upon them, and invading Scots would provide Stephen with a two-front war as in OTL.

So let's say that Henry II and his brothers die shortly before the Battle of Lincoln. Now Matilda has no claim, and Robert of Gloucester has the only other contender in his hands (Stephen was captured in the Battle of Lincoln). Stephen's son Eustace is only 10 years old; with Matilda's support, Robert can continue to fend off the Blois and Boulogne intrusions in Normandy and Anjou. He'll have full control of England by 1142, except for the Church.

Do you think we can have a King Robert of England?