Wi: Coffee targeted as a drug.

EU is not going to prohibit alcohol or coffee. It wouldn't ever succeed since Germany and Czechia would are against alcohol prohibition and Sweden and Finland would oppose coffee prohibition. Not going to happen.

Probably only way remove coffee is just expect its extinction due climate change. But it is long time ahead.
Italy would activate EU exit process the second this starts sounding within the realm of possibility. So would Spain and Greece I'd guess.

Italy would activate EU exit process the second this starts sounding within the realm of possibility. So would Spain and Greece I'd guess.
I believe it stands to reason that if that happened these nations would naturally be drawn to the biggest coffee producers to ensure their stock isnt cut any time soon...

So Brazil wank?

I believe it stands to reason that if that happened these nations would naturally be drawn to the biggest coffee producers to ensure their stock isnt cut any time soon...

So Brazil wank?
Yeah. That's critical strategic national interest at stake, we'd align with Brazil istantly.

Nick P

Donor
Well, yes but actually no

Like, you can, but it tends to get more niche the more specific the thing is

Fun fact, OTL Brazil was trying to convert coffee into petrol before we discovered the brazilian oil fields, so in an alternate timeline we might have converted coffee into gasoline
Unable to find any details on that but Brazil did burn bricks of dried coffee in their railway locomotives c1932. Around this time the Brazilian govt was combating a drop in global coffee prices by buying up stocks of unsold coffee beans and destroying them. The intended effect was to stimulate the price of coffee. It might have been cheaper to pay the farmers to not grow coffee beans.

Unable to find any details on that but Brazil did burn bricks of dried coffee in their railway locomotives c1932. Around this time the Brazilian govt was combating a drop in global coffee prices by buying up stocks of unsold coffee beans and destroying them. The intended effect was to stimulate the price of coffee. It might have been cheaper to pay the farmers to not grow coffee beans.
Well fuel is expensive and the coffee did burn pretty easily...

unknown.png

I got confused, Vargas jr was trying to turn coffee into plastic

About the only countries I can see this at all working in is countries like Britain and Ireland where tea is more popular as a caffeinated beverage than coffee. Though good luck arguing for banning coffee but not tea, since the actual drug in them is the same.

That must have given the railway station a weird smell.