Whose post WW2 WAlled plans were superior?

image22.jpg

Of the three major WAllied post war plans which were the superior of the three? Churchill's plan looks more like it was meant to weaken Germany for awhile before it eventually reunifies. FDR's reminds me of the Holy Roman Empire with so many mini states.

Last edited:
If the goal is purely to weaken Germany, Morgenthau's plan is the most notorious by a long shot, but in terms of postwar realities it is likely to wind up looking like OTL.
Not entirely sure what Churchill's goal was, seeing as he recreates Austria-Hungary for some reason. But he was much more open to a united Germany than most of the allied leaders, so your assessment is probably correct.

Roosevelt's plan is probably the most viable IMO, and would still theoretically allow for a postwar European economic recovery while preventing the German dominance that certain powers so feared. In this situation German reunification is unlikely for a variety of reasons. It also calls for less ethnic cleansing in the east, and assuming that was honored by the Soviets/Poles that would probably be preferable. Long term there's a smaller Poland, and the political center of gravity in Europe shifts-probably to France. A less cohesive Europe is the likely result, unless I'm underestimating de Gaulle. Depending on who you are, thats either a good or a bad thing. No idea how it impacts the cold war, though the plan would probably make divided Berlin less likely-its simply less important in such an arrangement.

Under the balkinized Germany scenerio the question becomes does it economically and militarily help Stalin more after the war play divide and conquor with Central Europe? I would think it would make for a different Cold War in Europe.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
To be honest, for any of these plans to be enacted you'd have to have a Soviet Union that's much less of a threat.