what is the most ludicrous alternate history story you've ever read?

Stonewall

Banned
Turtledove doesn't really understand Poland, and that bugs me. Jews fearing other Poles in Worldwar? I can accept that. Jews fearing other poles as much as nazis? That's just offensive. Poland allying with Germany in The War that came Early? Oh come on, that's just stupid.

Honestly what utterly irk me is the nastyness that ooze from book like this...and the fact that all the study and theory about Eurabia seem basically lifted from the same kind of study who predicted an italian overthrow of America a century ago is not a think who make me really confortable with the story.
His description of the Arabs overlord in Europe is frankly offensive for all Europe we are basically being conquered by Cobra.

I hated Caliphate more than any other book I read. It was offensive and really stupid.
I can ignore Eurabia and Facist America. I can ignore Facist America being a good thing from Kratman's POV. But holy shit is he trying to shoehorn in every single right wing belief into his book.
My biggest WTF moment is when the book mentions that the US deported all illegal aliens back to Mexico (because in that US all Latinos are Mexican). Not possible or a good thing but screw it go with it. But then the US brings in 10 million or so Indians to do the work that the "Mexicans" were doing.
So let me get this straight. The US nukes the living fuck out of every country that is Islamic. The US deports 10 million Latinos. The US is worried that some of the Latinos might possibly be terrorists. So the US brings in 10 million Indians who are far far far more likely to be Muslim and who just might have a problem with Pakistan getting nuked to do the work that the might white people are to lazy to do?

The Stars and Stripes trilogy is bad largely because it is far feteched and the early assualt that united the Confederacy and Union seems unlikely. Stars and stripes forever is bad but Stars and Stripes Triumphant is even more absurd however I wouldn't say its the worst AH ever. Michael Moorcocks Land Leviathan and Steel Tsar are worse.

Be fair; they're a parody/takeoff of pulp adventures stories. They're not really supposed to be realistic.

So let me get this straight. The US nukes the living fuck out of every country that is Islamic. The US deports 10 million Latinos. The US is worried that some of the Latinos might possibly be terrorists. So the US brings in 10 million Indians who are far far far more likely to be Muslim and who just might have a problem with Pakistan getting nuked to do the work that the might white people are to lazy to do?

Yes, but what you pretend, Kratman wrote that the Caliphate army is basically composed by cristhian soldiers (you know the second class citizen you opprime) aka the jannissaries as the arabs themselfs are too lazy or incompetent to fight (if IRC).
Unfortunaly i can't ignore Eurabia because is a so idiot concept, expecially how the 'writer' set up the whole enchilada.
But what you expect for a person who in RL use the term 'democrat' as an insult

Turtledove doesn't really understand Poland, and that bugs me. Jews fearing other Poles in Worldwar? I can accept that. Jews fearing other poles as much as nazis? That's just offensive. Poland allying with Germany in The War that came Early? Oh come on, that's just stupid.
Well in the War That Came Early it looks like Poland is caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and decides to ally with the one who did not attack them and sent troops to help. As for Worldwar I agree with you

Stonewall

Banned
Well that was more or less the situation in OTL, minus the stupid troop movements and stuff. The thing is, Poland wouldn't ally with Germany as we really depended on England and France, and that would throw that out the window.

Yes, but what you pretend, Kratman wrote that the Caliphate army is basically composed by cristhian soldiers (you know the second class citizen you opprime) aka the jannissaries as the arabs themselfs are too lazy or incompetent to fight (if IRC).
Unfortunaly i can't ignore Eurabia because is a so idiot concept, expecially how the 'writer' set up the whole enchilada.
But what you expect for a person who in RL use the term 'democrat' as an insult

I find Eubrabia really stupid. But I can ignore that to set up the story. Much like the Draka implausible as all hell but it might be interesting.
What bothers me is when writers are not internally consistent. They should follow their own "logic" and not just ignore it.