What if the Spartan General who helped Carthage in the 1st Punic War never existed?

Say his boat sunk when he was sailing to Carthage and Marcus Atilius Regulus manages to capture the city.
The Carthaginian's at this time believed that if Regulus captured Carthage he would raze it to the ground (Sort of like the third punic war)
What consequences come with a destroyed Carthage early on?

This Spartan general completely reformed the Carthaginian military to be a lot more useful.
They before this put elephants at the back where they can't really do much and used cavalry in rough terrain which is not as open.

Without him they still would have this bad formation that the Romans can win against

ASB because I don't think the Romans can win even without him. I just want to know what the earliest form of destruction for Carthage will result in

I don't think it's necessary to put this in ASB. As the Carthaginians learned (and the last thing they learned) Rome was just not going to be like "well, we tried!" and give up.

Like any other proconsul, Regulus wanted glory and was intent on taking Carthage. If he really wanted to do it, with some luck and skill that do not require magic, he could have done it.

I don't think it's necessary to put this in ASB. As the Carthaginians learned (and the last thing they learned) Rome was just not going to be like "well, we tried!" and give up.

Like any other proconsul, Regulus wanted glory and was intent on taking Carthage. If he really wanted to do it, with some luck and skill that do not require magic, he could have done it.
Wouldn't removing somebody that was crucial in something be ASB?

Wouldn't removing somebody that was crucial in something be ASB?
Not at all. Happens all the time in world history that someone dies at just the wrong time.

Ironically, what you're suggesting - a sudden storm - could be since humans can't affect weather. Ships sank and people got sick all the time back then; the Spartan would be no different.

You should ask this in pre-1900 with your own ideas of what happens next - you'll get much more engagement there.

o
Not at all. Happens all the time in world history that someone dies at just the wrong time.

Ironically, what you're suggesting - a sudden storm - could be since humans can't affect weather. Ships sank and people got sick all the time back then; the Spartan would be no different.

You should ask this in pre-1900 with your own ideas of what happens next - you'll get much more engagement there.
okay thx ima ask somebody to close this