Victoria: 1700 Mod

I just realized that a lot of you have this game too so I'm going to ask here too. Me and chunkeymonkey have begun work on a 1700 mod for the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated whether you want to research, script, or whatever. Just post here if you want to participate.

I have Vicky, and this sounds like a great idea!:cool:
(especially since EUII has crazy borders, and Vicky has accurate border.)

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to mod, but I could help with determining who gets which provinces, 'specially in Germany.

I have vanilla Vicky, and may be able to do research and the like about military sizes etc. I'm not bad at Hoi2 modding - are the basics the same?

I have vanilla Vicky, and may be able to do research and the like about military sizes etc. I'm not bad at Hoi2 modding - are the basics the same?
Yes.
There are a few differences, mostly due to the game features that are different, and also the 'receive_province' command, and the fact that the change_country command works as intended (but it is suspected that that is due to HOI2's usage of Tech Teams, as those are the problems with the command in HOI2).
So yes, quite similar.

Very cool that I got such quick responses, alright I've got signed up:

Me
Chunkeymonkey13q
euio
mattw101

Here is the current map that definitely needs some redefining:
(Also note that I have done no smaller countries because I am still in the process of looking some of those up, if you guys can fill in any nations feel free to do so.)

ColonyLifeRatings.PNG

Alright cool, feel free to post the part of the map above that has Africa with the filled in nations. Once we get the map planned out we can start researching events.

Here's a quick edit of your map. I added in a few more countries, but I haven't used the UCS or Vicky colours. If you don't know some, I'll tell you what they are.

Victoria 1700.png

Hold on there, Saxony and the Netherlands were still seperate nations, they shouldn't be part of Poland/Great Britain.

Also, we need research (for nations) in:
A) North America
B) South America
C) Europe (not really research but accurate placement)
D) Most of Africa
E) Central Asia
F) Indochina
G) Oceania
H) Correct Colonial Borders

Anyone want to sign up for one of them just tell me.

Hold on there, Saxony and the Netherlands were still seperate nations, they shouldn't be part of Poland/Great Britain.
I think states in personal unions should be shown as one country. it makes it more realistic, IMO.

I'm working on a map with European borders tweaked a little bit, colonisation in North America modified, and a few more nations added.

Last edited:
Yeah but if you make them one nation, the Netherlands will be PART of Great Britain, no seperate economy, nothing, they would be just another county. How about they stay seperate and we create an alliance between the two nations, much more realistic IMO.

Yeah but if you make them one nation, the Netherlands will be PART of Great Britain, no seperate economy, nothing, they would be just another county. How about they stay seperate and we create an alliance between the two nations, much more realistic IMO.
I see your point. It's a better idea.

Thande

Donor

You have a point, but there's one problem: in 1700 there was no Great Britain, either, just England in personal union with Scotland. OK you can fudge it because Great Britain was only created a FEW years after that so you can simplify it, but what about Ireland? It would be a bit strange to show it as anything but pink due to the level of English/British influence, even if it was legally independent.

In Victoria and Europa Universalis, vassal/puppet status for the weaker state is commonly used. Like the UK and Hannover in the ordinary game.
Of course, sometimes it can be hard to decide which state is dominant...
Though, 1700 is a more absolutist period then 1836, even in Great Britain...

You have a point, but there's one problem: in 1700 there was no Great Britain, either, just England in personal union with Scotland. OK you can fudge it because Great Britain was only created a FEW years after that so you can simplify it, but what about Ireland? It would be a bit strange to show it as anything but pink due to the level of English/British influence, even if it was legally independent.
So perhaps we should do it on some, but not others. As the British Isles were united soon afterward, and Austria and prussia operated as single states anyway, I suggest that they should be shown as one country.

There's several issues within Victoria that we aren't going to get around, personal unions are probably the biggest problem. I say we just stick with a Great Britain that maybe occupies but has not annexed Ireland. The issue there is the AI will annex it within a week...