TLIAD: America of 2016 or John Kerry's Third Term

I'm idly curious how one gets the prospect of a third term when the POD is 1968 and changes don't really start appearing until 2004.

Also, is there a "rule" -- as much as there can be rules for these things -- that a TLIAD has to be completed within 24 hours from its announcement? I suppose U.S. David may be beginning posting it a day after he announced it (we're just at the 24 hours mark now).

I, however, am also a butterflies sort of fellow, but I'll give it a shot.

Also, looking at the OP, what "Culture War" are you talking about?

Is the Culture War a reference to the war on terror the Western Culture vs Middle Eastern/Eastern Culture?

I'm idly curious how one gets the prospect of a third term when the POD is 1968 and changes don't really start appearing until 2004.
Also, is there a "rule" -- as much as there can be rules for these things -- that a TLIAD has to be completed within 24 hours from its announcement? I suppose U.S. David may be beginning posting it a day after he announced it (we're just at the 24 hours mark now).
I, however, am also a butterflies sort of fellow, but I'll give it a shot.
It'll be interesting to see how this plans out :)

I dont think there are any rules written in stone punishable by death :D
But a day is 24 hours, so TLIAD should (in theory) be done with in 24 Hours of the Thread being posted.

But a day is 24 hours, so TLIAD should (in theory) be done with in 24 Hours of the Thread being posted.

I was going to say that I hoped the OP was okay -- I wondered if something had happened to U.S David.

On the other hand, I see he was posting hours after announcing an imminent first update, so I'm not sure what's going on.

The popcorn's going to get stale at this rate.

I was going to say that I hoped the OP was okay -- I wondered if something had happened to U.S David.

On the other hand, I see he was posting hours after announcing an imminent first update, so I'm not sure what's going on.

The popcorn's going to get stale at this rate.

He is most likely building the suspence, so that when the TL is uploaded, our socks with be swiftly knocked off.

You think the popcorns bad .... I've invited mates around to watch this, now i have to entertain them with something else.

Is the Culture War a reference to the war on terror the Western Culture vs Middle Eastern/Eastern Culture?

It'll be interesting to see how this plans out :)

I dont think there are any rules written in stone punishable by death :D

Two of my TLIADs to date have been done within 24 hours of the thread being posted, IIRC. Neither were slammed as being rubbish.

Two of my TLIADs to date have been done within 24 hours of the thread being posted, IIRC. Neither were slammed as being rubbish.

I've meant to ask, since yours come out with art and everything: do you actually literally research and write them within the 24 hour span, or is it merely "thread posted, all parts up within 24 hours" that defines the TLIAD?

Just the opposite, they were highly praised, and inspired a trend. ;)

Of course just because the aim to post it within a day does not mean one has to develop the TL in a day.

Perhaps this is simply a new avant-garde form of TLIAD.

By providing nothing but the opening post, even after the day has gone, readers are led into brainstorming themselves about what John Kerry's third term in 2016 may look like, thus breaking down the walls between reader and writer.

U.S David

Banned
I was typing it up, but it is done. First update will be by the end of the day.

The Culture War will be Consertive-Liberal America.

By providing nothing but the opening post, even after the day has gone, readers are led into brainstorming themselves about what John Kerry's third term in 2016 may look like, thus breaking down the walls between reader and writer.

I don't even think that John Kerry could have won a Second Term.

Interesting.

We should call this an TLIAP.

or maybe the writers makes the readers write 99% of the work while he writes the 1% that links the whole thing :D

I was typing it up, but it is done. First update will be by the end of the day.

The Culture War will be Consertive-Liberal America.

Would it not just be a carry on from Bill Clinton leading to Barack Obama just 22 years of liberal America?

Interesting.

We should call this an TLIAP.
I prefer TLIAILT
Time Line In An Immortal's Life Time
Which is a Palindrome

I'm a little sad that no one gave David a chance here, but I guess some of the frustration is warranted. (I stay out of chat, generally, so IDK what happened there - maybe this is all deserved)

Anyways, I'm hoping something gets posted.