Things that went away and or ended

Tales from the Gold Monkey

Actual history shows on the History Channel

Flying Boats: Pan Am Clippers, BOAC, Late 631s, etc.

Comfortable air travel in general...

Dwight Eisenhower and Barry Goldwater, because no matter how old they were, they'd take turns beating the crap out of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, and the like.

well since british empire, history channel, american cuba, and communist bloc were done

manifest destiny (i want canada and baja cal!)
prussia
CSA
germany(all borders between inified germany to preWW2)
the Tsar
orange kitkats
my good grades :p

Dwight Eisenhower and Barry Goldwater, because no matter how old they were, they'd take turns beating the crap out of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, and the like.

Goldwater yes. Ike... not so much. Ike would be like 118, Goldwater would have turned 100 this year; but I can actually see Goldwater, if he was still around going on talk shows at like 100 and still being everything Ron Paul wishes he was..

Ian Smith was a great man. He may not have had things right, but as a back water dictator, he sure would have done better with the place then Mugabe ultimately did.

That was my primary reason for including it. Rhodesia was by no means perfect, but it offered one of the highest standards of living (perhaps the highest) in Africa for black and white. Zimbabwe has become a hell-hole.

Now, if there had been a transition of power to someone like Bishop Murosawa (sp?) the situation would be far different.

That was my primary reason for including it. Rhodesia was by no means perfect, but it offered one of the highest standards of living (perhaps the highest) in Africa for black and white. Zimbabwe has become a hell-hole.

Now, if there had been a transition of power to someone like Bishop Murosawa (sp?) the situation would be far different.
Smith could have ultimately gotten what he wanted had he eliminated the racial boundaries but put in place a system like Canada originally did: with a Senate of wealthy land owners who ruled for life. This would have allowed him to pack one house of parliament with his own people; but still appease the black majority by having free and completely democratic elections.

King Thomas

Banned
Let's see...

1)-Firecrackers
2)-pleasent air travel
3)-Ulyesses 31 (I loved that show as a kid lol)
4)-Discipline in schools
5) The Honeyz pop group

well since british empire, history channel, american cuba, and communist bloc were done

manifest destiny (i want canada and baja cal!)
prussia
CSA
germany(all borders between inified germany to preWW2)
the Tsar
orange kitkats
my good grades :p

Orange kitkats still exist! I ate one just last week!