The White Ship is not lost

Maybe this has been done before... I was watching The Pillars Of The Earth and began to wonder: what if William Atheling, son and heir of Henry I of England, didn't die in 1120 when the White Ship sank and succeeded his father as William III in 1135. No war between Stephen and Mathilda - and, if William has sons, no Plantagnêts on the throne of England.

Any ideas on what William III's reign would have been like?

Maybe this has been done before... I was watching The Pillars Of The Earth and began to wonder: what if William Atheling, son and heir of Henry I of England, didn't die in 1120 when the White Ship sank and succeeded his father as William III in 1135. No war between Stephen and Mathilda - and, if William has sons, no Plantagnêts on the throne of England.

There is actualy a timeline with that POD I believe.

I always thought it was called Lantern Empires, or something like that. Give me a moment.

EDIT:
Never mind, different timeline. The one you want to look at is On a Tall White Ship by Othniel.
Cheers.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=29264

An older poster, Othniel, did an extremely good TL based on that POD, "On a tall white ship." It only goes for about two hundred years, but it's well written, and gives you a general idea.

their is a timeline based on that in gurps alternate worlds....where he survives, becomes king of both england and france and they unite to be a world spanning power centuries ahead of us...then in 1901 (otl) some1 sets of a nuke, decapitating the goverment and the whole worlds goes to chaos...until this military techno cabal comes up from terraustrailis (austrilia) reunites the world in anglo form and then sets about taking over other worlds in the gurpverse

No Hundred Years war..

No Hundred Years war..

Not so sure. The King of England would still be Duke of Normandy, and nothing prevents one of William III's successors to marry into the Plantagenêt or the Poitiers families. With an English king vassal of the King of France for his continental possessions, conflict is bound to happen. If William and his descendants manage a bit better than Richard I and John, who knows? Maybe the English would won an alternate Hundred Years war...

Not so sure. The King of England would still be Duke of Normandy, and nothing prevents one of William III's successors to marry into the Plantagenêt or the Poitiers families. With an English king vassal of the King of France for his continental possessions, conflict is bound to happen. If William and his descendants manage a bit better than Richard I and John, who knows? Maybe the English would won an alternate Hundred Years war...
Or the Capets eventually inherit england and normandy because of some marriages(like a scenario of Maude marrying Louis VI) causing them to be crown possesions of France in the end..

Something else to consider:

without the Anarchy, and without King John, we can imagine a stronger royal power in England. No Magna Carta - or at least not so soon. Could the English monarchy have evolved the way the French monarchy did in OTL?