The Shield of Liberty

Asami

Banned
And because I've deduced that it may be humorous, I'm going to name every chapter (for now) after a song. First one was "Us and Them" by Pink Floyd. :p

Asami

Banned
I've already catastrophically altered the history of this TL beyond belief... and it'll just get even more lunatic as we go on... turns out there was a lot of potential in doing things radically different.

I've already catastrophically altered the history of this TL beyond belief... and it'll just get even more lunatic as we go on... turns out there was a lot of potential in doing things radically different.

Either I am supposed to be impressed or frightened at what happens. Do go on, this will be good.

Asami

Banned
IX73peq.png

*whistles* :D
Nothing too spoilery in this wikibox, so I'll just let it drop in and see what you all think!

Just making a guess. The Revolution collapses after the Crown offers devolution.

Defiant Republicans flee to Georgia? Or Georgia is a British-funded colony at first?

The wiki infobox has a little bit of an error. The religious affiliation. The Episcopalian Church is more of a product of the American Revolution and the need to have an Anglican Church without the Crown as its head. So, you might have to change that for a bit.

I have a guess. I see Quebecoise siding with the Patriots and with the defeat of the Revolution in 1785, you have a lot of Quebecoise joining the Great Trek to Dutch Cape Colony. He's a Crown appointed Governor-General but he eventually joined the Patriot movement and brought Quebec with him. But I think I'm wrong anyway. :eek:

Asami

Banned
You are indeed wrong. I'll be honest in saying that the very fabric of the timeline that I originally written has been completely destroyed. The establishment of Georgia will be a completely different affair, and will have different ramifications later on. ;)

Asami

Banned
The wiki infobox has a little bit of an error. The religious affiliation. The Episcopalian Church is more of a product of the American Revolution and the need to have an Anglican Church without the Crown as its head. So, you might have to change that for a bit.

I have a guess. I see Quebecoise siding with the Patriots and with the defeat of the Revolution in 1785, you have a lot of Quebecoise joining the Great Trek to Dutch Cape Colony. He's a Crown appointed Governor-General but he eventually joined the Patriot movement and brought Quebec with him. But I think I'm wrong anyway. :eek:

I'm handwaving Episcopalianism by saying that there was still a cause to create an Anglican movement in the colonies that broke away from the mainstream Church of England. ;)

You are indeed wrong. I'll be honest in saying that the very fabric of the timeline that I originally written has been completely destroyed. The establishment of Georgia will be a completely different affair, and will have different ramifications later on. ;)
Color me intrigued by this statement and the Washington wiki-box. It really sounds like TTL is going to be majorly different, and I look forward to every update of it.