The Road To Willa Cather Landing: GPUR General Election 2012

Deleted member 82792

I'm off to Hawaii today, so is there anything newsworthy about it that happened recently?

Thank you, Chipperback, for the mention. I have also not found the time for these threads. My new job is very fulfilling- but not giving me opportunity to „waste“ time online next to it...

Upcoming should be:
-the Germanies entries for best foreign language movies at the Oscars
-which songs will compete in the ESC at Phoenix coming from the FRG, EGR, Baden, Württemberg, Bavaria and Austria?
-Federal and East Germany have found new young leaders. Let‘s give‘em something to do.
-Bundesliga. Staatsliga and Donaucup are coming to a close. Gelsenkirchen is ready to paint the town blue and white....or will they allow Dortmund to stop them again?
Chemnitz drowns in scandals, yet they might make it to the championship again...for the last time ???
Can anyone even challenge Bayern München......please???

Last edited:
@Chipperback Since a certain movie is about to be released, maybe it's time you told us more about "Cosmic Gunslinger".

Terrranova I sincerely suggest you stop this and just PM Chipperback any questions you have on their universe in the future. It's been three months since an update and it's pretty obvious for one reason or another that Chipperback is on an hiatus. Seeing constant updates on the asking of random questions is irritating and only disappoints the fans of this thread since they've been fooled into thinking there is a new update. What you are doing is essentially constant thread necormancy which I'm pretty sure Calbear wouldn't mind to kick you for. I suggest you stop and only ask Chipperback when an update is finally posted.

Deleted member 82792

Terrranova I sincerely suggest you stop this and just PM Chipperback any questions you have on their universe in the future. It's been three months since an update and it's pretty obvious for one reason or another that Chipperback is on an hiatus. Seeing constant updates on the asking of random questions is irritating and only disappoints the fans of this thread since they've been fooled into thinking there is a new update. What you are doing is essentially constant thread necormancy which I'm pretty sure Calbear wouldn't mind to kick you for. I suggest you stop and only ask Chipperback when an update is finally posted.
Okay. Sorry.

a note from our author
Hello everybody, Chipperback coming at you live from Catherverse Central..

and...

Hey, fam...Good to see you back!

Mx. Robinson!!!...It's good to see you!

Good look on the pronoun, fam!

Well, I remember you rock it gender-neutral these days.

I'm still getting used to that. But then again, I'm still getting used to you, too

Excuse me. Professor? Is that who I think it is? REALLY? HERE? FEELS!!!!

FEELS???? Aren't you a little old to be using that term?
Chipperback, I see your back at it. So you gonna get to me to kick things off?

Yes, Professor, along with a superstar!

And one of my prized students, Chipperback! Jill and I loved seeing you in concert tour is so extremely LIT!

LIT? Professor? Aren't you a little old to be using that word?

Gotta stay current with the lingo, kid. I see this tour is doing the damb thang in your timeline, too.

Oh yeah! I checked my timeline's version last month. It was hot. There a lot of Royal Badness involved. Loved it!

And I'm pleased that you are playing the Maverick Pep Rally tonight.

For Real??? Now I gotta jump in the dimensional portal, just to see this show. You can take some time off of a major tour for..Omaha University?

We need the excitement. Gotta get fired up for the opener. Omaha University vs. George Washington Carver! A playoff type game to start the season.

You know I rep my red-white-black every day. I'm a Maverick for life, Class of 2008 and graduated with degrees in Music Performance Theory and History....Thanks to this dude over here!....Plus, to do a solid for the Omaha U 18s and my favorite prof?

As for you, Chipperback? WHERE YA BEEN?

Working like an android, Mx. Robinson. I jump-started my life after a lot of struggle in that job market. I took my skills and bet on me as a businessperson...and as a person. I also got back running and racing a little bit, and swinging a bat, and planning my next moves.

That's great...But we've been missing you.

I'm going to get more regular now that things have stabilized a little more...Although much of it has just been me finally get myself together and making the time to write. I've figured out the way forward in many things...Including what to do with this.

That's cool. Go forward and go unafraid!

You got that fam! Now, can a fan from another timeline get a few bars?

I can do that....

Jane Bond, never Jane Doe
I'm Betty Sanders, never Sambo
Black and white, yeah that's always been my camo
It's lookin' like y'all gon' need some more ammo

Take the snap, Fadin' back, Win the game like Briscoe

Now, pan right for the angle.
Cissie getting murdered whenever they gamble.

Cue the violins and the violas
We gave you life, we gave you birth
We gave you God, we gave you Earth
Femme, Free for the future, don't make it worse
You want the world? Well, what's it worth?

GPBC NewsRadio Omaha.....Thursday September 6, 2018
GPBC NewsRadio Omaha....Headlines at Noon

NATIONAL NEWS

PFL-PPC DEFENSE ALTERNATIVE HITS THE UNI FLOOR.

The National Unicameral considers joint PFL-PPC alternative to the President's defense modernization package in session today. PFL Legislative Leader Skip Humphrey told reporters this morning that the package, "Is a more realistic assessment of what our priorities should be as opposed to yet another 'cut and paste' effort by the Lease Lobby caucus...with a huge emphasis on 'cut'."

The major sticking point is the President's call to draw down some "strategic" nuclear and conventional system and placing more emphasis on frontal aviation and ground defense system. The PFL-PPC proposal would reclaim 50% of a planned cut in overall spending for nuclear force modernization.

PID INVESTIGATION ARRESTS FOUR ON SPY CHARGES AT UNIVERSITY OF IOWA

Plains Investigations Directorate and Iowa State Police arrested four persons, including a professor on suspicions of "espionage activities" on campus. The PID has not stated if the actions were corporate in nature, but the investigation is a part of an ongoing PID operation in regards to corporate espionage in university research.

Last year a PID sting netted over 30 arrests on actors traced back to 12 Plainsian companies including each of the nation's automakers in regards of stolen research and computer manipulation.

PID DES MOINES HAS EVIDENCE SAYING THIS IS POSSIBLE ORDER 18 INFILTRATION.

SIMILAR SITUATION TO WHAT OUR COUNTERPARTS IN TEXAS FOUND -- STAY WITH THE INVESTIGATION KEEP CONTROL AND COMLINK TO OUR PEOPLE ON THE CAMPUSES -- BROWDER

NORTH AMERICAN NEWS

MAINE GOES ON "FULL ALERT" AS QUEBEC VERMONT BEGIN JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE

IRNA, Ontario and New England diplomats are meeting with Maine, and Confederate counterparts over increasing tensions in the region amid the start of a joint military exercises involving Maine and Quebec.

Maine's foreign secretary said via Dixievision Maine, "This is a direct provocation toward the Godly Maine Republic and our allied state New Hampshire towards efforts to defend ourselves against naked antisocial terrorism that are supported by hostile regimes in Boston, Washington and Omaha.

Ontario's foreign minister, Dalton McGuinty, in an interview with CNN said in response. "The only provocations have been the continuing aggressive action of the Augusta regime in concert with Apartheid Government in Atlanta and their new fascists lackey government in New Hampshire. Ontario and Quebec have been the targets of Confederate agitation and Atlanta's insistence on basing quick-strike nuclear bomber forces in Maine."

Ontario Prime Minister Dan Ackroyd, meeting with Quebec PM Justin Trudeau in Quebec City was more pointed in a comment to Reporters. "Right now this is an exercise," Ackroyd said. "Our adversaries actions could turn things into into more if they continue their current course."

MEXICO'S PRESIDENT CALLS FOR NEW TARIFF ON TEXAN AUTOS

Mexico President Andres Obrador called for a 33% tariff on LSR-built automobiles and trucks imported into Mexico as trade tensions grow between the two nations.
Obrador's governing coalition, which holds a majority in the Chamber of Deputies introduced the plan in open session today.

Trade was a centerpiece of Obrador's election two months ago, along with concerns about immigration along the Mexico-Texas border. Also set to be considered by the Mexican legislature is a plan to build an anti-immigration wall across the LSR-Mexico border. Such a policy was a campaign pledge by Obrador, concerned about Texan workers illegally entering Mexico to work along the "Corridor Industriales" along the border amid continuing economic turmoil along the Lower Rio Grande Valley and Southwest Texas.

This news has affected by the Houston, Dallas and Mexico City stock exchange which are both down at this hour.

The news is having an early effect on the LSR Presidential polls, which show incumbent President Condoleezza Rice-Hill with a 5 point lead on opposition challengers national Senator Joaquim Castro, with a second opposition candidate, South Texan Governor Christiana de Ayala also closing in the early polls.

WORLD NEWS

GOVERNING GRIDLOCK SPURS PROTESTS IN INDIA

General strikes continue across India today, in response to a government attempt to deselect elected member of the Indian Parliament from states that have majority governments from parties that the national ruling government is attempting to make illegal.

Since the coalition government led by Prime Minister Nimrata Randhawa won election in May, the Indian government has been seen by observers as "pro-Atlanta" due to of a number of policies put forth by legislators representing the Indian Moral Concern, a conservative pro-morals party led by Indian Deputy PM Dinesh D'Souza.

Since the election, Indian government has been in gridlock and post-election violence over this summer has had some states openly looking at secession. Dr. Vineet Gambhir, the Plainsian Ambassador to India told GPBC News' Breakfast News, "The current situation in India is something we feared since the campaign. It's already affecting the financial sector, and now it means tear apart the fabric of the country."

AFRICA MULTINATIONAL FORCES TO ADD TROOPS IN SOUTH NIGERIA

The Organization of African Unity voted to increase the number of peacekeeping forces in South Nigeria amid increasing pressure from Confederate-backed North Nigeria and the Confederate-backed Congo Christian Republic. The decision was made at a meeting of OAU defense ministers in Addis Ababa.

The increase came at the urging of Ethiopia's Queen Miriam and Libyan Foreign Minister Ayesha Gaddafi, expected to the be the lead candidate to take over the Presidency from her ailing father in elections in Libya next month.

South Nigerian President Nuhu Ribadu applauded the move telling the SABC, "It is good to see Free Africa continuing to fight against Atlanta and their bootlicker conspirators from here to Cape Verde and anywhere Atlanta deigns to enslave the people of this continent."

SPORTS NEWS

PLB "CROSSOVER SERIES" TO OPEN SATURDAY
The inaugural expanded Plains League Playoffs open with the best of three "Crossover Series" on Saturday. In the afternoon, the Wichita Braves, who were 2nd in the Cherokee Division meet the sleeper Sioux Division-winning Omaha Capitals First pitch at 2:05 Plainsian

At 6:05 plainsian, the Sioux runner up St. Louis Cardinals will grapple with the Cherokee Champion Oklahoma City 89ers.

WALLACE "I'M READY TO GET DIRTY"

Kenny Wallace lost a close battle for the Conoco Plains-Mountain Stock Car Championship, but he was dominant in the 4 races on dirt this season winning three of them, and feels he'll have the winning edge in Sunday's Standard Oil Dirt Bowl, in the IRNA State of Ohio, the second race of the 2018 North American Chase for the Championship.

"I'm ready to get dirty," Wallace told MetroSports. "We had a strong run at Indianapolis where we had a car that really wasn't set up for Indy but ran sixth. I'm confident will win in Rossberg, because our dirt package is capable of winning every time we get off the trailer.

UNAPFC PLAY OPENS THURSDAY NIGHT

North American professional football opens with two games on the schedule tonight as the road to New Orleans and Super Bowl XLVII begins.

In the National Football League of the IRNA...The Baltimore Colts will meet the neighboring and hosting Washington Americans.

In the California Pacific League... The Oakland Raiders will travel to the Southern RGC to take on the San Diego Chargers.

Tomorrow morning, one of the newest teams will make UNAPFC history, as the CPFL third division Tokyo Shinkansen host the Southern California Sun. The game will mark the first-ever UNAPFC game for a Asian-based team.

Programming note.. The 55th season of Plains Football Association action on your GPBC returns all weekend. Including Kickoff Sunday 2018 with regional action, and the return of the Sunday Night "Big One on the 1"! Only on GPBC.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

Trade was a centerpiece of Obrador's election two months ago, along with concerns about immigration along the Mexico-Texas border. Also set to be considered by the Mexican legislature is a plan to build an anti-immigration wall across the LSR-Mexico border. Such a policy was a campaign pledge by Obrador, concerned about Texan workers illegally entering Mexico to work along the "Corridor Industriales" along the border amid continuing economic turmoil along the Lower Rio Grande Valley and Southwest Texas.
Oh, the irony...

Deleted member 82792

Q&A:

Me: What are the TV stations like in the RGC?

Chipperback:

Television Networks in the Republic of Greater California

RCA TELEVISION CALIFORNIA: Born in 1939 as Golden State Television, RCA as the parent of GST renamed the network in 1969. It was the longtime flagship network for RGC entertainment, but has had to fight through the 1980s to now for market share because of the stern competition in one of the world's premiere entertainment markets.

RCA is mainly known for faire across a wide crossection of genre and has been the longtime home for California Pacific Football League telecasts.

CARSON: Born in 1965 as the brainchild of a group led by noted Plainsian-Californian entertainer Johnny Carson, Carson Television became best known as the network that took a lot of early risks to challenge the RCA colossus. The network, beginning in the 1970s, made the situation comedy a TV staple. In fact much of Carson's appeal lies in its ability to make people laugh...even with its news coverage, which was encouraged to be a cross between serious news and license to satire. For example, Carson News' RGC Election Coverage has held the same tagline coined by Johnny Carson in 1970 "Who Wants This Job Anyway"

Carson is also known for its excellent Olympics coverage, which has won numerous awards throughout the 1970 and 1980 led by RGC television legend Ronald Reagan. Carson's Olympic desk is now manned by Reagan's son, Ron Jr. who took home three Emmy as Carson's Olympic host for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Korea.

MOTOWN: Created by music tycoon-expat Barry Gordy in 1972, Motown was a pioneer in diversity in North American Television, throughout the 1970s and 1980s. But the network boomed in 1990s and 2000s with a smart-sassy wave of shows the played well to the emerging youth "New California" along with its groundbreaking news coverage In 1995 Motown as a corporation scored a coup with its merger with Fujusankei Communications, which saw Motown soar in value...which attracted another big fish in 2012.

That year, QJ/MJ completed a purchase of Motown-Fujisankei-Disney, and built the world's largest entertainment conglomerate.

In 2013, Motown began a strategic broadcasting partnership with the ANZC's Seven Network to build content for both markets. One of the offshoot of this partnership is a sci-fi show called "Earth Tribe" which is now among of the sleeper hits of RGC television.

GREATER CALIFORNIA TELEVISION: Created in 1966. It is the nation's public broadcaster, best known for its educational programming, and the longtime home of North America's long-running popular education program "Sesame Street"

NHK CALIFORNIA: Started in 1991 as a foreign satellite of Japan's public broadcaster NHK, it has grown in a full-blown network that has served a template for other Asia, European and African broadcasters to join in the market.
NHK is a mix of traditional Japanese television faire and a "new wave" of cross-culture shows that show a mix of express and has become popular with the RGC's immense Asian populace.
Another strong suit: NHK's strong news coverage which strongly rivals Carson and Motown

CHAN TV: One of three new foreign networks that have started in the RGC since 2016, Chan TV is the hong-kong based television company led by kung-fu legend-turned-CEO Jackie Chan.
Chan TV is already making waves with a fresh young lineup, and an aggressive news and sports team as well.

SuperStation KCAL: Los Angeles based KCAL "Super Nine" is one of the legion of standalone television stations that beam programming from across the continent. KCAL is best know for being the "Home of the Reruns" A great deal of old television winds up on Super Nine.

But this SuperStation has supported the production of its own entertainment content in recent years. In 2016, KCAL Entertainment created the groundbreaking drama "Underground" set around the early 1970s era of the New Underground Railroad. This fall KCAL hopes to bring sci-fi fans into the tan with a new Space Quest series. "Space Quest: Next"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back On The Road... with Veronica
"You are looking live at a sold out Parc Olympique Lyonnais just outside Lyon, France and tonight, a battle for a world championship, and this battle features David against Goliath.

The mighty Californians, The Surfer Girls led by the twin powers Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan face perhaps the biggest longshot you've ever seen in a FIFA World Cup Final, Perhaps on par with what the Plainsian men did at in Brazil 5 years ago.

The Southwestern Confederation, the Lozen, shocked everyone in CONCACAF by making the draw, then getting to the knockout round and then upsetting some of best teams in the world, including their heartstopping 3-2, extra time win over England to get into this game. The big story for this team has been the play of veterans Jessica McDonald, who is battling Morgan and Rapinoe for Golden Boat honors, and midfielder-captain Julie Johnston, who has been played some inspired ball all tournament.

Siouxland Television Sports, your ticket to the Beautiful Game, welcomes you to the Final match of FIFA Women's World Cup 2019! The defending champions from the Republic of Greater California meet the Cinderella team from the Southwestern Confederation...."

Siouxland Television Broadcast Booth at Parc Olympique Lyonnais -- Décines-Charpieu, France -- 6:00pm Central European Time -- Sunday July 7, 2019

I wish my girls could see me. What a way to spend a summer. Since the start of the semester in January, I interned at the Siouxland station in Omaha, in wow, I actually got to do a lot. I even did some on-air stuff, as a "kids-beat reporter."

That is what got me here, as part of a group of interns picked among the best of all the Siouxland stations to be special intern-student crew for Siouxland's coverage of the Women's World Cup.

1 month in FRANCE! I've had too much fun, even if our Plainswomen didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

I miss my besties. Imani, Inge, Elke, Cassidy, and Sammi.

Imani's been my core clique since we were in 2nd grade. Much like my father and Dr. Rochelle are. Inge? I met her in Junior High. Her father is a diplomat from the Scandinavian Union. Can't believe she's been here since 7th grade. Elke's from East Germany. Her mom is a professor at Omaha University. Her dad is the head coach of my dad's and Doc's favorite soccer team, FC Jet 20. We met as we both started at Marion High School.

And then there is Cassidy and Sammi. Two girls who joined our squad last year. They perhaps come the farthest distance to be here. They were living in the resistance in the CSA, before my "Auntie Gina" brought them, and her cousin's adopted son here to live and go to school...and perhaps get to be kids.

I can relate to just wanting to be a kid. It's not always easy to be a kid when your father is a high-profile voice for human rights, or your grandfather is a national treasure, or your grandmother is perhaps the greatest Plainsian news reporter ever, or when your big brother is the best football-playing, touchdown-scoring wannabe fighter jock in the world.

Me? I'm just a girl who is finding her niche. My mom always said it would find me, and it has. I guess I want to take after my grandmother, and might even go to college where she teaches. I have to some time to decide with senior year approaching.

But what a year or so it's been in a personal sense and in terms of the larger world. 2018 saw so much of the world change, and not always for the better, and I got some of those stories first hand, and saw a few of them. That's the perks of living in a capital city and having a nose for news. :)

And there is my brother. Which all the things happening around the world. I'm scared for him. I nearly lost my big brother once. And like mom and dad, I'm scared. I'm proud of him because he wants to be a combat pilot and wants to serve the country. But I hear about what happened by grandfather Nathan and what happened to "Uncle Steve", "Uncle Chip" and "Uncle Chuck" when they went to war.

There's many people in the forces where I live in Capital Northside. Such is a part of life in the GPUR.

Still doesn't make me less afraid, especially with what you hear about in Alaska and Maine

At the same time, someday, I may be covering it. My grandmother covered a war as a young woman. She covered THE WAR as a young woman. The Trade War.
I read grandma's book of her letters with grandpa Malcolm during the war.

They were such romantics. So in love.

Grandpa Malcolm died when I was 4. But I remember him always doting over Marvin and me. Grandma Betty told us a lot about him.

I see through history Marvin idolizes him. Who wouldn't? At the same time, Idolize Betty...and Dad.

I hope someday I can be half of who they are.

Me? My name is Veronica Little. I'm 17 years old. Welcome to my world.

Last edited:
Commercial Bulletin -- Cuz I'm Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk Down In Lawrence On The Caw!
Sphinks, there will be some mentions of Kansas over the next few weeks. A rather important event started July 9th at the University of Kansas...and all over Lawrence and Eastern Kansas...and within Metro Kansas City...

LAWRENCE 2019.jpg

Watch The GPUR's best collegiate athletes take on the world
The 25th World University Games, live coverage from Lawrence, July 9-21.

Only on YOUR GPBC, together with MetroSports!
Your Olympic Networks! :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

What blockbusters are showing in Free North America this summer?