The Road To Willa Cather Landing: GPUR General Election 2012

Deleted member 82792

Hey everyone. I’ve been watching a lot of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes recently, and I just thought I’d help contribute to this TL by adding my ideas on what some of the actors are doing ITTL. Mostly this me testing the waters, but I had a little help from Chip though…

Clark Gregg: Robert ‘Clark’ Gregg: A threat analyst for NEI, a CONTROL for special agent Edward Snowden and a good friend of Albert Gore, the Kennedys and Prime Minister Lincoln Chafee. In his younger days he led a team of agents on several crazy adventures around the world, and even infiltrated Miami CSA twice. And on both occasions he outwitted David Duke with surprising ease. He's also made allies within nearly every intelligence agency in Free North America. Currently he’s part of a team advising the Prime Minster on the ‘LePage problem’...and the Trump News Channel.

Ming Na-Wen: A Free Chinese film director and producer. Her latest project is an action/spy movie set in Hong Kong, with Anne Hathaway as the main heroine. She’s won several awards for best film both domestically and on the international stage. She’s hinted that her next project might be an animated film about a Panda who knows Kung Fu…

Chloe Bennet: Chloe Wang: Chicago-born pop star currently living in Shanghai, Free Chinese Republic. She burst into the music world in 2012 with her record breaking singles ‘Uh Oh’ and ‘Dragon Blade’. She has a strong following not only in Free China, but also in California, Korea, Japan and other Pacific nations. She’s scheduled to perform in Adelaide, ANZC in December 2016 and in her birth city of Chicago in July 2017. Right now she’s working on a new project with Psy, which is rocking the house.

Brett Dalton: A successful Californian movie director. Idris Elba personally chose him to direct the Eldridge Clever biopic Soul On Ice: Confessions of a Super Spy. He’s currently engaged to British actress Elizabeth Henstridge and they plan to have their wedding in Newport, UCNE, in July 2016. It’s been rumoured that he’s been offered to direct the next Cosmic Gunslinger movie.

Elizabeth Henstridge: She had some successful roles on BBC television before moving to the RGC in 2012 to pursue a movie career. After working with Brett Dalton on an action movie in 2014, the two began a relationship. They got engaged in 2015 and have announced that they would have their wedding in New England, but they haven’t announced where they’d have their honeymoon. She recently won the leading role for a movie that’s best described as ‘Pride and Prejudice vs Aliens’.

Ian De Caestecker: A young Glasgow doctor who’s currently considering volunteering for the Red Cross in eastern Africa.

Adrianne Palicki: A New York based model who frequently works with Scarlett Johansson. She might consider some acting jobs on the side.

Nick Blood: A detective of the London Police department who recently broke a CSS spy ring.

Henry Simmons: A UCNE Navy captain, whose battleship is on patrol near Maine.

Luke Mitchell: An Australian actor who’s been offered a role in the ‘Longhorn 1’ reboot.

Powers Boothe: Legendary Texan actor who starred in classic LSR television shows such as Longhorn 1 and Wendy: Texas Ranger. He’s also a member of the New Underground Railroad, helping people who escaped from Mississippi during last year’s conflict.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 82792

Is Harry Turtledove doing Alternate History ITTL? Also, can you give us examples of some other writers doing AH?

How is Diaclone different from OTL Transformers? Can you please give us some details?

Last year you told us what Summer Glau was doing ITTL, but what can you tell us about: Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Ron Glass, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite and Sean Maher?

Deleted member 82792

Keep up the good work terranova!

Thanks Brian. I'm just waiting for Chip's feedback.

Does anyone else have anything to say about my 'Agents of SHIELD' post?

Catherverse baseball pyramids

GPUR
PLAINS BASEBALL ASSOCIATION
First Flight
Cherokee/Sioux divisions

Kansas City Monarchs
St. Louis Browns
Wichita Aeros
Tulsa Oilers
St. Louis Cardinals
Iowa Oaks
Minneapolis Millers
Oklahoma City 89ers
Omaha Capitols
Fargo Redhawks
Lincoln Railers
St. Paul Saints

Second division
PLAINS ASSOCIATION

Aberdeen
Bismarck
Brandon
Cape girardeau
Cedar Rapids
Davenport Pirates
Dubuque
Duluth Walleyes
Elk city OK
Enid
Garden City KS
grand Forks
Grand Island
Hutchinson Broncos
Iowa City
Jefferson city
Kansas City T-Bones
Pierre
Rapid city
Regina
Rochester
salina
St. Joseph Padres
Sioux City
Sioux Falls
Springfield
Topeka Senators
Winnipeg Goldeyes

LSR/MEXICO
TEX/MEX MAJOR PRO BASEBALL
First flight
north/south divisions

Acapulco Sunrays
Dallas Metro Rangers
Houston Astros
Houston colt .45s
Guadalajara Gatos
Mexico City Reds
Mexico City Tigers
Monterrey Bandidos
Jalisco Luchadores
New Orleans Pelicans
Round Rock Express
San Antonio Missions

Second flight
Lake Charles
Amarillo
Fort Worth
Galveston
Laredo
Texarkana
Juarez
Ciudad Victoria
Veracruz
Tampico
Chihuahua
Guaymas

Third flight
Shreveport
El Paso
Lafayette
Waco
Cancun
Nogales
Aguascalientes
Monclova
Saltillo
Lubbock
Puebla
Alexandria

Fourth flight
Sugar Land
Lafayette
Paris
Midland
Tyler
Wichita Falls
Sherman
Tabasco
Quintana Roo
Oaxaca
Campeche
Cuidad de Carmen

RMR/UTAH/SWC
WESTERN BASEBALL CONFEDERATION/WAC PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
First division
north/south divisions

Albuquerque Dukes
Arizona Diamondbacks
Boise Spuds
Calgary Cannons
Colorado Rockies
Colorado Springs Sky Sox
Denver Bears
Edmonton trappers
Las Vegas Blackjacks
Phoenix Giants
Reno Bighorns
Salt Lake City Buzz

Second division
Billings
Cheyenne
Flagstaff
Fort Collins
Grand Junction
Las Cruces
Lethbridge
Missoula
Provo
Santa Fe
St. George
Tucson

Third division
Carson City
Casper
Durango
Farmington
Great Falls
Helena
Henderson
Kalispell
Mesa
Prescott
Pueblo
Red Deer

CALIFORNIA PACIFIC LEAGUE
First flight
north/south divisions

Anaheim Amigos
Hollywood Stars
Honolulu Islanders
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Oaks
Portland Beavers
Sacramento Solons
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Seals
Seattle Mariners
Tijuana Toros
Vancouver Mounties

Second flight
Bakersfield
Cabo San Lucas
Eugene
Fresno
Long Beach
Mission Reds
Pearl Harbor
San Jose
Seattle Pilots
Tacoma
Tri-Cities
Victoria

Third flight
Bend
Hilo
La Paz
Modesto
Riverside
San Bernardino
Santa Barbara
Santa Cruz
Spokane
Stockton
Vernon Reds
Visalia

NIPPON PRO BASEBALL
First flight
Central League

Chunichi Dragons
Hanshin Tigers
Hiroshima Carp
Tokyo Yakult Swallows
Yokohama BayStars
Yomiuri Giants

Pacific League
Chiba Lotte Marines
Fukuoka Hawks
Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters
Orix Buffaloes
Seibu Lions
Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles

KOREA
First flight
North League

Chongjin
Incheon Destroyers
Kaechon
Pyongyang KJSoftBank Traders
Tanchon Bay
Wonsan

South League
Doosan Bears
Hanwha Eagles
Kia Tigers
LG Twins
Lotte Giants
Samsung Lions

CHINESE FREE REPUBLIC
CFR BASEBALL
Mainland Division

Finance City
Hong Kong
Nantong
Shanghai
Shenyang
Wenzhou

Sea Division
EDA Rhinos
Kaohsiung Islanders
Lamigo Monkeys
Taichung City
Tainan City
Taipei Heights

AUSTRALASIA
First flight
Asia Division

Hanoi
Kuala Lumpur
Manila
Minhville
Singapore
Singtel

Oceania Division
Adelaide
Brisbane
Cairns
Melbourne
Perth
West Sydney

The Road To Iqaluit -- April 1-May 1, 2016

Iqaluit Civic Center -- Iqaluit, First Nations Republic -- 9:00am Eastern North American Daylight Time Monday May 4, 2016

--- click GPBC ---

You are seeing a live picture from the Civic Center in Iqaluit, First Nations Republic. North America's youngest nation will be the sight of one of the most important diplomatic meetings in decades.

-- click HNN ---

"President Wellstone has just arrived at the Civic Center , surrounded by his chief security and defense aides. You can see in the picture Foreign Affairs Secretary Thomas Gouttierre with him. Gouttierre has worked for the last year almost alongside his counterpart in the Confederate States to make this day happen. The first meeting of Plainsian and Confederate heads of state since 1955...."

--- click Dixievision ---

"A live picture of President Gingrich's motorcade heading to the Lion Den as it were. President Gingrich along with Foreign Executive Spurrier.. With all the turmoil of recent weeks, President Gingrich will attempt to broker some sort of peace with those who have only sought war with our Godly people.

May God watch over us all...

--- click CNN ---

"The recent weeks have seen the international situation grow worse from Latin America to Asia to Africa to Europe...and even within North America.. That is backdrop of this summit meeting between the heads of state of two nations that have had a shooting war followed by nearly 60 years of a cold war..."

--- click BBC ---

"For the Plainsian President, there is also the elections in his nation to consider. A hotly contested fight is expected in the GPUR, given the result of the last general election which saw Wellstone elected by a razor thin margin, and has seen a number of potential rivals battling in their primary process."

Also in the balance is a threatened boycott of up to 30 nations to this summer's Olympic Games to be held in the GPUR...."

-- Main conference room. 90 minutes later --

"Mister President," President Gingrich said. "It is my hope that these talks led to a beginning of a peaceful future of coexistence between us."

"Sir," President Wellstone answered. "That depends a great deal on you and your country. It depends on how much you value civilization and value your citizen all of your citizens."

"Our citizens are our affairs alone," Gingrich answered. "Your nation's agitation only adds to the problems and forces us to respond, President Wellstone."

"Our agitation?" Wellstone retorted. "My nation isn't threatening yours with massing troops and nuclear weapons. My nation signed the Cairns Conventions. My nation isn't lynching and killing citizens."

"YOUR Nation supports terrorism, and has for nearly 60 years," President Gingrich answered. "That has to end. That is a plank we seek....You must end your asylum act...."

President Wellstone looked hard at President Gingrich. "We shall do so, when blacks get a free vote...in a free land... We shall do so...when the Confederate States joins the family of civilized nations of the world. When that happens will not need an asylum act, nor will we need a 'Crimson Wall'. Nor will we need to target Atlanta, Nashville, Birmingham, Miami, Richmond, or any place in the CSA."

Newton Gingrich looked at the Plainsian leader hard.

"Mister President. We do not seek further conflict with your country. We have never sought conflict. Yet, we cannot continue to allow you or any other nation meddle in our internal affairs nor aid those or destabilize my country."

"Ah,...but President Gingrich...It is okay for the Confederacy to destabilize other countries, and bring in agents of your Committee for State Security to attempt to kill people...My citizens, eh?

The GPUR doesn't have an....what do you call it...'Order 18'?"

"Mister Gingrich. My first plank? You will END Order 18...in the GPUR and in any other free nation of North America.

And you shall pay due remunerations to the families of victims who are citizens of the GPUR."

"You are spewing fantasy Mister Wellstone. Our CSS does not engage in such actions," Newton Gingrich said. "Our CSS acts within our borders. Unlike your PISD, who openly fund those criminals in Havana. And that has to stop as well, sir."

"Mister Wellstone, look around the world," Gingrich said. "Why is it that everywhere we go our Godly nation must be attacked? We have cultivated friendships and engaged in diplomacy, nothing more. We have nations that have CHOSEN to be friendly with us in fellowship. Even nations that don't line up with our morality, we have found common ground...Yet, you and the other so-called 'free' nations line up against us."

"Revelations warned God's people of this," Gingrich said. "I know, you don't believe in that...being a Jew and all...But at least you and other nations respect rule of law....Especially when nations have made a choice....Just like they have in Serbia...in Nigeria...in Oman....in the Philippines....in Maine....Yet, you wish to side with minions of chaos and terrorism."

"Do you really expect us to not defend ourselves?"

"Do you want the last month to get worse?"

"Is it worth it?"

"Are the lives of our sons and daughters worth it?"

President Wellstone looked hard at the Confederate President.

"When have you asked those questions of yourself, Mister President?"

Creighton Preparatory School -- Omaha, GPUR -- Monday April 4, 2016 -- 3:15pm Plainsian Daylight Time

A group of local television cameras filled the gym at the high school.

The lights up, and a lot of classmates and friends where there.

Proud parents sat at the table next to a podium.

At the center of it all was Marvin Little.

The high school senior was in a crisp black suit with the cobalt blue white and silver tie.

If one didn't know better, you could have sworn it was his grandfather standing there. Regal. Smart. Proud.

His father stood to the side and could only smile. Along with two men he considered uncles.

His mother stood smiling, but nervous...Along with his little sister.

At one level, it was the same thing thousands of young people in the GPUR were doing. Deciding what came next.

At another level, it was a part of being a high-level student-athlete, especially a person considered the best high school football prospect in the land.

"Good Afternoon, and thank you for being here."

"First, I want to thank my teachers and coaches here at Prep. I am proud to say that I will be a graduate of high school next month, just like my father and my godfathers before me.

Today, I am here to finally make my choice of where I go next. I know that took a great deal of time, and I appreciate the patience of all sides. But I did so to consider all options and give a fair hearing to all sides in making an informed choice of where I will matriculate.

I love sports a great deal. I was fortunate to be a part of two state championship football teams here at Prep. I was also fortunate to win medals in track here, and I hope to win more at the state championship next month, and I look forward to having my dad see me do it. Due to his work, he missed my efforts last year.

And I make my decision in part because of his work...and the work of my grandfather. Two men who have worked together to make the GPUR a free, secure and safe nation for all.

I have been inspired by the efforts of my grandfather and my father throughout my life. And so much of what I've done as a scholar, athlete and a person is the way I've tried to follow their example.

It is because of their example that I make my decision to follow an ambition to continue their work, but in a different venue.

Today, I announce that I have accepted a commission to the National Aerial Defense Academy at Wichita.

I look forward to serving my country in the realm of flight, and running hard and for the Flying Scouts on the field.

C#@ShaylaStrong Congratulations, Marvin! See you in Wichita!

C#@NDSUBisonFootball Wish you were coming with us, but we're proud of you, sir!

C#GPRAFAcademyFootball GZA! Welcome to the GPRAF Plebie Little!

Tuesday April 5, 2016 -- PFL Presidential Debate at the University of South Dakota saw the leading candidates sparing over Plainsian involvement in tensions between Hungary and Serbia.

Kansas MU Kathleen Sebelius: "I agree with the President in principal given our diplomatic and trade relationships in Central Europe, but but increasing commitment beyond current levels has to be rethought, especially with issues growing in this hemisphere."

Missouri Governor Barbara McCaskill: "And I question the administration entirely. what do we gain by our presence in Hungary. It's a European issue and all that happens is that Plainsian troops get killed, just like the Greco-Turkish conflict over issues that have little bearing on our situation here at home."

Minnesota MU/PFL Legislative Leader Skip Humphrey: "I think we need a greater pullout. Our actions in Hungary go beyond our designated commitment to the UN peacekeeping mission. Our friends in Europe have the carry more of the freight.

Iowa MU/Former Bettendorf Iowa Mayor Amy Harkin: "My question is, where is a wider European effort to foster a peace? if we can consider talking to the Confederates. Why can't they?

Fmr. Nebraska MU/Former Omaha Mayor Michael Boyle: In this why we lose elections, people. This concept that we're talk big and act small. My feeling is that we have to return to the Bob Kerrey principal of be prepared to stand against Confederate aggression anywhere. I think we need move our troops for Hungary and redeploy in Latin America alongside our Tex-Louisiana allies.

Former Kansas City Mayor Emanuel Cleaver: "This talk of running when our troops are under fire is ridiculous. A Cleaver administration wont cut and run, but also won't commit our forces open ended like President Wellstone has recklessly done."

Manitoba MU Rana Bokhari: "What is reckless is Paul Wellstone running to be a peacemaker in 2012, and then meeting Confederate aggression with more aggression. It makes me wonder what they'll actually talk about in Iqaluit.,

Missouri MU, South Dakota MU Rick Weiland: "My big concern is how Paul Wellstone has been co-opted by the defense interests. I thought Paul Wellstone couldn't be bought by the war machine...and here he is feeding it!"

Wednesday April 6, 2016 -- Representatives of the Manila Government and rebel factions in the Philippines met in Los Angeles, RGC in the hopes to reaching an accord for new elections. Filipino rebel leader Emmanuel Pacquiao agreed to postpone a planned call for independence for Mindanao for one month to aid what he called, "A last chance."

Also Californian and Confederate representative met in Tokyo to broker a phased withdrawal agreement for all foreign forces in our off the coast of the Philippines.

Friday April 7, 2016 -- The CCS/CNAB Collegiate Basketball Super Tournaments open in Omaha for the men and Hartford, UCNE for the women. Both cities will also hold FIBA "Last Chance Qualifying" tournaments for the final bids in the 16-team field for the Summer Olympics in the next two weeks.

Saturday April 8, 2016 -- Mexican and Salvadoran military officials meet in Mexico City. Sources say both sides are discussing greater coordination of forces along with the LSR against increasing Confederate involvement.

Monday April 11, 2016 -- A GPUR Presidential Polls shows tight races across the parties.
Galluptron/Des Moines Register Poll

PPC -- John Thune 20% , David Boren 19%, Marshall Faulk 18% Arne Carlson 12%, Brad Wall 7% UNDECIDED 24%

"PPC voters may be holding their allegiance close to the vest but so far the expected candidates are doing what we figured. John Thune is running on continuing the Keating-Watts program. Boren also claiming the legacy of PPC Oklahomans who rose to Willa Cather Landing. Marshall Faulk positioning himself as the "heir" to President Watts.

The next few weeks, including debates in Kansas City and Oklahoma City may shape the race.

Oh, and don't count Minnesota's Arne Carlson out. He may be running fourth nationally, but he leads polls in Minnesota and Nebraska." -- Omaha World Herald political reporter Henry Cordes, April 12, 2016

PFL -- Claire McCaskill 19% Kathleen Sebelius 19% Michael Boyle 15% , Skip Humphrey 12% Amy Harkin 10% , Emanuel Cleaver 8% Rick Weiland 4% Rana Bokhari 2% UNDECIDED 11%

BOB COSTAS: "To many in the PFL, Kathleen Sebelius is looked at as somebody who can't win. But can anybody in the PFL beat Wellstone?"

CHET CULVER (former Iowa Governor/2012 PFL Vice Presidential Candidate): "Kathleen can and will, Bob. Look it's a contest right now as expected. Claire McCaskill is a strong candidate. So is former MU Boyle, and Skip Humphrey. But to say that Kathleen can't win is a fabrication. She has the best plan to set our nation back on course and away from the say-one-thing-do-another leadership of Paul Wellstone. Wellstone said he'd be a peace president and a worker's president. Instead he's been a business-war president."

HNN's "Hardball with Bob Costas" April 11, 2016

PAP -- Phill Kline 14%, Sam Brownback 12% , Richard Roberts 9%, Mike Rounds 9%, T.W. Shannon 7%, Steve King 6% Lornell McPherson 3% FB Tom Becka 2% UNDECIDED 28%

"Phill Kline is not the typical PAP candidate. True, he rails against, "Lease Lobby Socialism" and calls for much of the PAP gospel.

Yet at the same time, he met with the SCLC's ambassador to the GPUR, campaigned within the nation's Indigenous communities, who felt insulted and alienated by Steve Largent four years ago. In the coming week, he will met GLBT leaders as well to discuss issues, included the PAP's plank calling for a full repeal of Presidential Order 515 if elected.

From his first announcement of his campaign, the governor of Kansas has called this run a "fight for the soul of Plains Action Party". The question is, who will fight with him? A number of old guard PAP officials have called for factions to come together to support a single candidate more inline with PAP doctrine to stop Kline.

Kline's response, that he gave on the Rush Limbaugh Show earlier in the week, "If those people stop me, it means that kill the PAP as a viable party and the GPUR politically, and as a nation would be poorer for it."

a news report by FBC political reporter Trenton Brokaw April 15, 2016

GSCP -- Lisa Johnson Vickers 17%, Darwin Snyder 15% Jayne Jones 15% , Susan Allen 6%, John Yellow Bird Steele 5%, Terrance Nelson 3% UNDECIDED 39%

ANN CURRY: Governor Mankiller, there are many voices in the GSCP that are decrying the current state of the presidential race as making the party a "pinkie party". One of those voices is the person who ran your campaign for the governor's race in Oklahoma two years ago, Kit Whitlow."

OKLAHOMA GOVERNOR WILMA MANKILLER: Ann, those who'd say that, including young Mr. Whitlow, are stuck in the 1970s. Yes, I will agree, I don't agree with the rightward turn of some candidates in the race, but I also don't agree with this concept that the GSCP is a "pinkie party". The facts are, that we are a NATIONAL party. In each election cycle, we've gained a larger share of vote beyond the native North American communities. We we've done in 2012 and 2014 couldn't be done with native peoples alone. We are polling more white votes, black votes, hispanic/latino votes, asian votes. We are gaining voters under 25. And veterans, and within the GLBT communities. How did we do that? Because our policies, our beliefs and our efforts have spoken to all Plainsians, not just our peoples. And I'm proud of that. The Great Spirit Community Party's greatest emphasis was on that word -- COMMUNITY. We've widened that community, and that good for all Plains People. I think those detractors need to step back and took good look at how far we've come.

-- GPBC News at Six...April 14, 2016

Wednesday April 13, 2016 -- The Games of 31st Olympiad start in 100 days. The day was marked with arrival of the Olympic torch to Kansas City, and the beginning of a 100-day torch relay through every part of the GPUR. The torch will will start south from Kansas City and make it way in a zig-zag pattern across the country, ending with its arrival at Kansas City's Olympic Stadium on July 27th during the opening ceremonies for the games.

-- Wichita Braves slugger David Ortiz, who says that this year will be his final season in pro baseball, was given the okay by the team to spend the PLB Olympic Break playing for his country in the Olympic Baseball tournament. Ortiz will be one of three "designated players" for the Dominican Republic. Olympic Baseball state that all players except for three must be either championship division players under age 25 with less than 4 years of full professional service, or players under age 30 who have fewer than 5 years with a team in the championship/first division. The "designated players" can be unlimited in terms of age and service.
Wichita Braves General Manager Bob Horner, who represented the GPUR in the '84 games said, "In Big Papi's final year, it's a no-brainer to have one of the great representatives of pro baseball and a loved figure in the GPUR playing in the first Olympics in the country is good for the Braves and good for baseball. But I'm still rooting for the GPUR to beat those guys."

-- HNN lead anchor Len Dawson announced that he will retire from broadcasting on January 1, 2017. Dawson, who was the first and greatest face of the GPUR's first 24-hours news channel, will end a 40-year career in the business that began after his retirement from professional football as a championship winning quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. He began his career as a sports anchor in Kansas City in 1977, and transitioned to being the lead news anchor for KSHB in 1980. In 1983, he left local TV to be a part of the formation of Heartland News Network, which began broadcasting in 1984. Since then Dawson has been the face of the network as an anchor, host and correspondent. Since 2000, he has also served as the network's chief executive editor

Dawson said during that nights edition of HNN's flagship. "HNN GPUR DateLine" that Hardball host Bob Costas will take over the mantle of HNN chief anchor/correspondent/editorial executive in 2017, but will maintain his current talk/analysis show. The anchor desk for "DateLine" will have a new face.

For his final year, Dawson says his main focus will be three key projects. He will be an analyst and commentator on loan to GPUR/MetroSports for their coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics, and he will be lead anchor for HNN coverage of the 2016 General Elections in the GPUR. And he co-producing a documentary of Dawson's life television news along with Costas and documentary filmmaker Alexander Payne.

Thursday April 14, 2016 -- PAP presidential candidate Phill Kline announces that if elected he will not repeal Presidential Order 515, which ended all restrictions on military services due to sexual orientation or gender identity, and would not call for any reveal of marriage equality. Kline made the announcement after meeting with representative of Plains Veterans for Full Equality.

"To me, such issues have been decided within the courts , the National Unicameral, our military leadership and by the citizens of the GPUR. All Plainsians have a right to equal protection under law, and any party or candidate who violates that trust is not fit the lead our free nation." -- Phill Kline.

Kline's opponents pounced on him, the most strident was former Iowa MU Steve King who said, "Kline is willing to sell the soul of PAP down the river. He should be honest with the people and join the socialists, sodomites and appeasing pansies in the Lease Lobby."

King's remarks got a zinger in response from Lease Lobby MU John Riggins, who was campaigning in King's former constituency.

"Steve King? Really? Can't this guy find or hold a real job?"

Friday April 15, 2016 -- Professional Baseball opens in North America, Latin and the Caribbean. The season opened the previous week in Japan, Korea and Australasia. This season, due to the Summer Olympics, the normal 140 game season has been cut back to 120 games to accommodate the use of professional players and ensure that the league playoffs open in the first week of September with the World Series Playoffs opening in the late September.

The defending World Series Champions are the Boston Red Sox, who defeated the Pyongyang Pilots 4 games to 3 in the 2015 World Series Championship Finals.

Somewhere in Honduras -- 6:00am Central Daylight Time -- Saturday April 16, 2016

The man sits in a room alone.

He hasn't slept much in the last month or so. His black hair was tussled matted. A harsh, rugged stubble on his face. The haggard lock of a man under stress and sleeping with one eye open.

It hard to keep track of the dates.

All there is...Is the heat. The jungle. The fear.

One minute, you are soaring in a fighter plane...

And the chaos. Fire. Smoke. Explosions.

It was raining that day.

There were five of us. We got some of them. They got all but one.

He saw them take his wingman away.

He fired his sidearm on him, but had to run...and hide.

He ducked. Hid. Harassed. Hounded. Anything.

He stumbled into a firefight.. One of many here.

He fired on what he saw as the enemy. He saw their uniforms. The ones chasing him.

He was out of ammo when he saw one of them, pointing a weapon at someone. Ready to fire.

What happened next was a blur for him. He didn't think, he reacted. It was instinct. Blind instinct.

He was used to that instinct. It served him well as a civilian. It served him again, and it hurt.

He never saw the gun shot, even after he subdued his prey.

He blacked out to the sounds of gunfire...

"Buenos Dias," the soft voice said as the door open. "How you sleep?"

"Bueno," he said hoarsely.

"Nightmares?"

"Si," the man said.

Standing before the man was a woman. She looked young, but hardened. She had a weapon pointed in front of him. She always had a weapon pointed at him.

"Please, por favor...Can you not point that at me?"

"Forgive...my orders. We...how you say...study you?"

"I am who I say I am. I am NOT Confederate. No soy confederado!"

"Come..." She said harshly.. "NOW!"

He got up. "Si"

-- LSR Navy rotates the TSS Sam Houston Battle Group into the Gulf of Mexico to replace the TSS Barbara Jordan Battle Group

Tuesday April 19, 2016 -- GSCP presidential candidates debate in Churchill, Manitoba, much of the debate centered around environmental policy where the left/right split of candidates showed to a greater degree.

JAYNE JONES: I'm for the protection of the environment, but at the same time, must we fall in line with the anti-jobs of approach of the Lease Lobby? In a time of low gas prices why are we supporting further taxes that hurt our communities?"

TERRANCE NELSON: MU Jones and MU Vickers Johnson don't have a coastline to consider, nor a way of life to consider. I have those things. I have fishing to protect, and a natural environment to consider where I live. I for one don't want PPC people in redface from a landlocked Oklahoma speaking for me or my party!

DARWIN SNYDER: I agree with MU Nelson, all except the landlocked part. Mother Earth cannot survive climate change the way it could hit us. How can a party that has made our traditional love and stewardship of her stand against science? If we put the right wing of our party on the ballot, that is what you are going to get, and that won't do."

Wednesday April 20, 2016 -- LSR aerial forces attacked an artillery site in Honduras in response to mortar attacks against anti-government rebels camped in El Salvador.

The Honduran and Confederate governments condemned the Texan raid to which a Salvadoran official retorted. "Don't they understand that they attacked us first?"

--- An office of the of the Mexican national police in San Luis Potosi was bombed. A local cartel said to have links to Confederate State Security claimed responsibility. The Mexican city has been at the center of a turf war between a major anti-Confederate cartel and a group of ones that have levels of Atlanta-involvement.

--- Eli Manning visits with the New Orleans Saints, fueling pre-draft rumors that the youngest son of legendary quarterback Archie Manning may play for the team his father won 4 Super Bowls championships with.

--- Speaking of draft rumors. A Plainsian is currently considered the #1 player on the draft board of UNAPFC Draft Guru Mel Kiper Jr. George Washington Carver quarterback Carson Wentz, who led GWCU to the GPCAA semifinals and was runner-up for the Kinnock Trophy is considered the top prospect, but most likely will not be the first player taken in the UNAPFC Champions League Draft next week in Houston, LSR. The Super Bowl Champions Minnesota Vikings have the top picks, but have said they will not take a quarterback.

The top pick has been the subject of a number of trade rumors in recent days.

For Wentz, the last two months have been a whirlwind of attention, beginning with smashing a number of performance marks for quarterbacks at the PFA Entry Combine in February in Oklahoma City and putting up a blistering set of private workouts for teams, including a MetroSports-televised clinic at GWCU's "pro day" last month. The Wentz story is seen as a Cinderella-tale reminiscent of long shots-turned-PFA stars such as Marlin Briscoe and Brook Berringer. Wentz, a kid seen as "too skinny for North Dakota State", who was told he could "walk on" at North Dakota, was offered a scholarship by George Washington Carver, and sat the bench for his first two years. He finally won the started job in his junior year and led GWCU to the GPCAA semifinals while leading the nation in passing touchdowns and passing efficiency.

Wentz twice finished the top 5 in the Kinnock balloting, and also is known as the answer to a GWCU trivia question.

Name GWCU's first caucasian starting quarterback?

Friday April 22, 2016 -- an ANZAC Navy cruiser fired on Confederate fighters planes in the South China Sea after warning of high speed passes by the plane. A Confederate Navy ship in vicinity fired on the cruiser and am exchange of weapons ensued. Both ships retreat with damage.

-- Passover Holiday begins. President Wellstone retreats to his home in Minnesota to celebrate the Holiday and prepared for the Iqaluit Summit

Saturday April 23, 2016 -- -- Chinese Free Republic forces upgraded their alert status in response to the previous days naval exchange.

Sunday April 24, 2016 -- PPC presidential candidate hold an "Olympic Town Hall Debate" at Kansas City Municipal Arena.

Saskatchewan MU Brad Wall had his best night of the campaign, calling for the PPC to, "Stop parroting what we are, and define who we are" in a stirring exchange over an alternative to PlainsCare. Wall calls for a changes to PlainsCare but not its elimination, in contrast to his opponents

At the top of the Polls John Thune, David Boren and Marshall Faulk trading barbs over recent ads by each that were all decidedly negative.

Above the fray former Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson unveiled a plan to "cut the taxes of every Plainsian and increasing the opportunity for greater private investment for Plainsian business"

-- The Plains Basketball Association mens and womens championship finals were set after clinching semifinal games.

On the men's side the Oklahoma City Thunder will meet the Minneapolis Lakers for the championship. The Thunder are led by guard Russell Westbrook and forward Kevin Durant, both of whom have earned spots for their respective Olympic teams. Westbrook will represent the RGC. Durant will again play for the defending Olympic and World Champion Lone Star Republic team.

The Minneapolis Lakers, seek to defending their PBA championship and try to reverse last season's loss in the CNAB SuperTournament final. The Lakers are led by a trio of Olympians in guard/forward LeBron James (IRNA), point guard Ricky Rubio (RUIS), and forward Kevin Love (RGC)

For the women, two cinderella teams stunned the favorite to reach the finals. Holly Warlick coached the Iowa Cornets to an upset of the Kansas City Queens to reach the final. The Cornets have scoring on the wings with import Swin Cash, the PBA Women's Flight leading scorer in 2015-2016, tough point guard Nyouk Duop, and veteran center/forward Angie Welle

On the other side, the the team coach Warlick played for, the Capital Wranglers who have spent the last three years fighting from the third division to the first division under the command of head coach Tom Lee, and used the transfer window to get veterans Sophia Young, and Jen Warkenthien and then working a trade to draft University of Nebraska star Jordan Hooper, who will represent the GPUR in Kansas City. A young athletic team stunned a favorite St. Louis Star side to get to the final.

Due to the Olympics, the entire season was moved up for both mens and womens in a effort to get the CNAB Super Tournament completed by one month prior to the start of the Olympic Games.

Monday April 25, 2016 -- PAP presidential candidates dualed at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa.

PAP frontrunner Phill Kline ran into a chorus of boos by the largely conservative Christian audience, yet held firms in his stances on a number issues despite a barrage by a number of candidates. The largest coming from PAP leader Sam Brownback and Oral Roberts Ministries CEO Richard Roberts.

The exchange of the night came in discussion about Plainsian support for the SCLC. Something that both Brownback and Roberts feel should be curtailed.

BROWNBACK: We cannot be slaves to Havana, Governor.

KLINE: So our policy is to make that slaves to Atlanta or worse, Mr. Brownback?

ROBERTS: Now, I'll break and say that brother Brownback is wrong here, but I do think we have to rethink some of our positions, especially when looking at a Christian commitment to peace?

KLINE: Reverend Roberts, when the Confederate Christians make their commitment to peace, please let me know. Its all this rhetoric that is hurting our party. Imagine being a black member of the PAP. Many of them conservative Christian folks who also have relatives still behind the Cotton Curtain! Are you going to tell them that we've decided to back away from our national covenant to them. I'm not willing to run on that, and I don't think anyone in our party should!

BROWNBACK: Governor Kline, I would suggest you find a new party.

KLINE: Mr. Brownback, You and Fred Phelps needed to find a new country. There's just east of us that you and your kind would fit right at home in!

BROWNBACK: That was uncalled for, Governor.

KLINE: If the choir robe fits, sing in it!

Wednesday April 27, 2016 -- Sources close to the negotiations on the Phillippines told Carson Television News of a "massive breakdown in talks."

Thursday April 28, 2016 -- 100,000 protest at the Filipino embassy in Sacramento, RGC calling for a renewal of talks.

--- With the UNAPFC Champions League Draft opening in three hours, a shocker happens in as the Havana Dolphins announced that they have agreed to terms from former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Eli Manning, who signed a two-year deal with the LAFL team.

The deal leaves the Cowboys continuing to bleed this offseason. Manning is the fifth key free agent to leave Dallas. Wide receiver Grant Hill, signed with the Corpus Christi Gulfcats.

Also leaving Dallas: tailback Demarco Murray (signed with CPFL's Honolulu Hawaiians) , quarterback Tony Romo (signed with the NFL's Chicago Bears), defensive back Joey Clinkscale (signed with CPFL's Honolulu Hawaiians) , linebacker Dennis Hegman (signed with the RMFL's Denver Broncos).

The loss of Romo is especially damaging due to the status of quarterback Johnny Manziel, who is reported as missing in action. Manziel, a junior flight officer of the LSR Air Force was shot down over Honduras last month.

Sunday May 1, 2016 -- President Wellstone leaves for the Iqaluit Summit amid some worrisome news across the pacific

"The Millar Government has given Mindanao no voice and no option for democracy, so we of Mindanao must act. From this moment forward, the People's Republic of Mindanao dissolves all bonds with the illegal Confederate regime in Manila.

To the people in the North who support true Filipino Democracy. We ask you to keep the pressure on Manny Villar and fight for our nation in the hope of reunification someday. We regret this action that separates our proud land, but we cannot live under rule by Newton Gingrich and his errand boy in Manila.

May God forgive and bless a free Philippines." -- PLFL leader Emmanuel Pacquiao. 1 May 2016

to be continued.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

Nice work Chip! I love the detail you put in this post.

Would you mind telling us the plot of 'Cosmic Gunslinger'? I remember you saying in one of your earlier posts that you would when you talked about George Lucus.

Also, what do you think of Clark Gregg's role ITTL? Will we see him and the other 'Agents of SHIELD' actors in this Timeline?

Deleted member 82792

What's the girl group 'Fifth Harmoney' doing ITTL?

What's the latest TV shows of 2016?

What's Diaclone about?

Does a billionaire in Mexico want to build a wall to keep out gringos?

What's Larissa Martinez doing ITTL?

Deleted member 82792

Can you give us some more info on TTL's Alaska? What are it's political parties?

Deleted member 82792

What are Angela Di Pasquo and Joe Leon doing ITTL?
pic10-copy9.jpg

Deleted member 82792

Hey Chip, we just had the federal election in OTL Australia, so I was just wondering what the political parties in the ANZC are. Could you please tell us?

Here are the wikiboxes for the 2012 Election (first and 2nd)

gpur.JPG

rugp.JPG

I could make wikiboxes for all of the elections if someone gives me the results doesn't have to be a map, just the results, like this:

Candidate (Party Abbreviation-State Abbreviation)/Running Mate (Party Abbreviation-State Abbreviation of Running Mate is optional), (Party), # of states won, Popular vote (% of PV)

I believe Turquoise Blue did a wikibox for the most recent Texas presidential election as well, IIRC. At least, I think it was Turquoise Blue...

Here are the wikiboxes for the 2012 Election (first and 2nd)

View attachment 281087
View attachment 281088

I could make wikiboxes for all of the elections if someone gives me the results doesn't have to be a map, just the results, like this:

Candidate (Party Abbreviation-State Abbreviation)/Running Mate (Party Abbreviation-State Abbreviation of Running Mate is optional), (Party), # of states won, Popular vote (% of PV)

These are excellent...:)