The Raptor of Spain

^Amina's physical look was originally inspired by a somewhat obscure US actress who was in a recent movie. It's different of course, but the template is there.

A point to remember is that the Maurez family is the second most venerable in the kingdom after Amina's own ancestors. They descend from a Berber named Maura who Abd ar-Rahman left behind as a garrison commander in 772. The only ones who even come close are the rulers of much of northern Galicia who descend partially from Petros the father of Vimara Peres and the Juassanids who used to rule Bordeio and descend from the historical Husayn of Zaragoza. They've repeatedly been advisers, administrators, and loyalists to the monarchy. Garcia basically feels like Amina is wrecking a state that "belongs" as much to him as to her, which is why he intrigued against Tajer in the first place. He has no desire to be king, he has decided to throw in with Juan.

He's like Almanzor except with more noble motivations and with "ruling" talents instead of military.

Both he and Amina believe they are doing the right thing for the country.

Last edited:
Announcement:

The Raptor of Spain is going on its second annual hiatus soon. However because the next update is going to be extra long, I am splitting it into two parts each slightly shorter than a usual update.

Stand Pt. 1 will be posted on 6 December, a Monday, as per usual.
Stand Pt. 2 will be posted on 10 December, the following FRIDAY.

Like last year I hope to post a few short extras talking about other parts of the world (like New World Ireland, Byzantium, the Steppes, China, etc.) at random intervals.

Amina's Last Stand?

STAND Pt. 1

In 804 Toledo was gutted by fire and sword. In the more than three centuries that followed, the closest battle was fought days to the south when León Araman and Alejandro III defeated Lucas Almaghreb. Generations of Amina’s ancestors rebuilt and expanded the city but the years of peace led to the growth of large open suburbs beyond the walls on both sides of the river. There were benefits to growth--anything imaginable was available in Toledo it was said--but there were tradeoffs made in defense. Even with a population in decline since the turn of the century, only Constantinople and Baghdad were greater than Toledo.

After sunrise at the south end of the Upper City where the royal palace sprawled above the Tagus, the queen of Spana rose, was dressed, kissed her son goodbye for the day and got to work. It was the day after Manuel’s message and she summoned the General Court to a session that was the longest in living memory. Significant quantities of food and arms were at hand, not just for the southern army, but to resupply the troops along the Ebro. That particular conflict had developed at last into a true siege: Amina’s forces held the citadel and the land around city with the Francians trapped inside.

“My sirs,” she said, “Victory is within our grasp if we have the courage to seize it.”

It was insulting in a way to have her own idea turned against her. He always tried to control me, that I could only rule with his help, she thought of Garcia. I never expected the Maurez to turn on me. Her advisers almost refused to believe it. She still could not quite believe it herself, but he would soon be on her doorstep regardless of what anyone thought. It made a terrible sense when she thought about it. None of them advocated surrender. Perhaps it was the presence of two of her Royal Cavalesos outside the door, but she could not deny that betraying her now might be better for them individually. But not for this country! she said to herself.

It was clear: a city the size of Toledo falling to a mere 10,000 men in hostile--Holy Father please let it be hostile!--country would have been absurd. Even with the region denuded of troops for the north it was still an climb uphill for Garcia Maurez. What he could do and what was more likely to happen, was a blockade. Even small reductions in the food available to the city would lead to significant hunger. Garcia could shut her in and wait for the Francians to win at Zaragoza on the theory that the country would be paralyzed without the capital. But if her forces won at Zaragoza…

“Victory at Zaragoza will end foreign opposition,” she said to them. Everything they knew argued for that, especially the little she heard from Francia itself where the new Templars were making the populace restive. She suspected that with the king’s attention turned to other matters, his pet priest was using a heavy hand. “Garcia Maurez will have no hope then. We have only to hold out, and we will.”

It had been no decision for her. Fleeing her capital would be the end of her reign and those who tied themselves to her out of duty or love. It would see a bastard boy on the throne and a constant struggle between Garcia and whoever the Francians supported for control over him until his majority. A recipe for paralysis and decline even assuming everyone involved was competent.

Even though she intended to stand in Toledo, she still needed to make provision for the country and the northern army.

“You are each of importance for the continuance of this realm and I will allow you to retreat to Segovia to continue your offices there if you desire. I hope you go with God. The people however, are not able to flee and I cannot abandon them. Come what may, I will remain in the capital. If the worst should befall me, I ask those of you who survive only to remember a woman who always tried to do right by God and this country--and that you continue to do the same in whatever capacity God places you.”

After a little speech like that, she thought, who will muster the courage to leave first?

The answer of course, was none of them. This freed her to order the most vital to Segovia yet still salve their pride. It made the others angry, but that anger was directed at her which was acceptable and at Garcia for forcing the issue which was preferred. As long as none of them were angry enough to go over to him, they would work all the harder to win her victory, which was vital to the effort she was already sketching out in her head.

In the short time left she sent her deputies to strip the surrounding land of anything edible and bring it to her--or destroy it. She lacked the numbers to defend the suburbs with their walls made to keep out animals and criminals or none at all. Staying in their homes was not an option as Amina intended to destroy what could not be taken into the city. Families with able-bodied men and women were permitted entrance into the city.[1] Amina did provide some boats for them to flee downriver, but most had no where to run and were doomed to suffer.

The only places on the south side of the river she intended to hold were the castles known as the Alcántara on the far side of the bridge of the same name, and the Rusafa near the western docks.[2] No matter how many stores they laid in, supplies had to come by water to make up shortfalls and securing the docks was necessary. Both castles would be fully manned.

She did not think Garcia would be able to completely cut off the city, but its size made it harder to defend. Across the city camps were set up in strategic city squares. Each was given a particular section of the walls to be responsible for. Combined with conscripted citizens to stand watch on the walls and provide support to the garrison, the hope was to defend the walls long enough for the soldiers to arrive in force. Amina also seized the city’s horses to create a capability to mount raids and sorties.[3] Amina wrote to Duke Alvaro and the vizrey not to abandon Zaragoza under any circumstances then took time to rest on the assumption she would get little when the siege began.

Had Amina not already suspected him, Garcia’s plan might well have succeeded. It was only in the last few days that refugees arrived in the capital complaining of criminals (the Morabitunes) and the refusal of the southern army to control them. When he finally appeared, Garcia Maurez led a party of a fifty men that presented themselves at the entrance to La Rosa, the wealthy suburb on the east side of the city named for the color of the buildings.[4] After much deliberation with Giovan and the General Court, Amina had given permission for the populace to surrender to Garcia at the cost of their wealth and promised to repay them after a victory if they did not assist Garcia in taking the city.

When Garcia’s party reached the gates to the Alcántara they asked for permission to enter and take the supplies gathered for them. Amina denied them entry on the pretext of the reports regarding the behavior of the army. Garcia apologized and asked the queen to inspect the army to allay her fears. At the same time he was becoming suspicious himself when he saw so many boats stopping at the docks, saw the rebuilt fortifications and from the lack of soldiers on the way to the city. He declined Amina’s offer to enter the city and discuss the matter with her.

The impasse continued until the predawn hours of August 29, 1135. The weakest part of the defenses was the dock house that led to the royal palace through the extensive gardens. Under cover of darkness the leader of the mercenaries, Aben de Gudala, led a picked force across the Tagus and attempted to seize the dock house. He was discovered and repulsed, but upon learning of the incursion Amina raised a pure white flag[5] above the Alcántara, the Rusafa and the southern towers of the city. This was her signal for her agents to fire the suburbs where Garcia’s army was encamped. As expected the blaze ran out of control and caught the southern army by surprise. Scores burned to death or were trampled in the confusion along with the residents.

Outraged, Garcia cursed the queen and ordered Aben to raze the other suburbs in revenge. This was met by protests from his own allies, the other lords of the Maghreb come to take positions in Juan’s new government, but Garcia insisted. Even La Rosa was pillaged over the course of several days which showed Garcia had learned nothing from his actions in the Ebro.

Despite his ruthlessness, Garcia Maurez had difficulty cutting off the capital. The closest bridge over the Tagus was some 50 miles to the west. His destruction of the suburbs had spread the word and lost him any local goodwill. He had to spend time and lives to secure the local towns while also setting a strong guard around the Alcántara and Rusafa fortresses. It was only then that he sent left Aben’s son in command in the south and led the rest of the army in a long march to Albora.[6] As soon as he was gone, Amina’s troops made a number of sorties that proved costly to the rebels but could not break out. They did however secure the river for the supply boats and prevented the rebels from launching any naval attacks themselves.

In anticipation of Garcia’s move east, Giovan had set a strong guard at Albora and they forced Garcia to pay dearly for the crossing as well as firing the fields on their retreat to the capital. The Albora region was extremely fertile and while it was too far to supply the capital, small towns farther west did. Garcia had to subdue each of these which took two more weeks. It was not until late September that he stood before the northern walls.

Beyond that wall was another suburb, the poorest, little more than a slum. A number of industries distasteful for the capital’s residents were located here.[7] Garcia set fire to the wooden buildings himself giving the residents no chance to surrender. The entire slum burned so black smoke wreathed the capital as the siege began in earnest at last.
[2]An extensive ferry system operates along with a wooden bridge. The Rusafa is slightly north of OTL’s San Martin bridge which does not exist here. Alcántara at Toledo was built by the Romans so it’s still there.
[3]This is workable because of the soldiers’ long experience with signal flags and the use of the proto-telescopes and because the city has a lot of good, smooth roads.
[4]Pink limestone found in Tarragona and Valencia. It’s in the rich suburb because it is heavy to move and so expensive to build with even today. It’s also the location of the building that houses the Agency of Agriculture which was abandoned.
[5]Classic Umayyad flag
[6]OTL’s Talavera de la Reina. Thanks to the Abd ar-Rahman’s campaigns it retains its Visigothic name.
[7]Stinky stuff, like tanners, dyers, slaughterhouses, paper mills, soap mills etc.

I should be able to post a partial map of the city by the next update.

I think the development of the repeating crossbow will help in increasing gender equality. ;)
It's useless in a field battle unless you have staggering numbers of them like the Chinese, but a big force multiplier in siege/urban warfare since you can hand them out to traditional non-combatants. Not so much equality I think, but in expansion of "women's roles." That is the society is still too conservative to go to something like modern equality ideals, but women will be seen as fit for a larger number of roles which might break down general resistance to equality more rapidly in the distant future. It's already case that an educated woman is considered as "smart" as men except for during menses or while carrying.

It's useless in a field battle unless you have staggering numbers of them like the Chinese, but a big force multiplier in siege/urban warfare since you can hand them out to traditional non-combatants. Not so much equality I think, but in expansion of "women's roles." That is the society is still too conservative to go to something like modern equality ideals, but women will be seen as fit for a larger number of roles which might break down general resistance to equality more rapidly in the distant future. It's already case that an educated woman is considered as "smart" as men except for during menses or while carrying.

So Spaña is more egalitarian than normal? Or is the rest of Europe affected?

So Spaña is more egalitarian than normal? Or is the rest of Europe affected?
Gender Roles: Women
Women are usually educated in segregated class rooms but can be in mixed classes. Their teachers can be men or women and they have a level of literacy comparative to the men. While country women generally engage in traditional female farm work, women are allowed by law to own and dispense property, engage in business, learn a trade or pursue an education. There are two obstacles to this however. The first is that some men simply do not want to teach women or do not want to do business with them in that way. The second is that women who do these things become open to the charge of "neglecting the family" and while the courts are generally fair the expenses and social stigma of dealing with this charge acts as a dampener on advancement of women generally.

The most common non-farm employment for women is as clerks. There is a long history of female clerks in the state, dating back to the initial administrative institutions of Ramiro the Wise and to a smaller extent Abd ar-Rahman. Female scribes are stereotyped as more honest, with better handwriting and make comparable wages--the only profession they do so.

In general, “lettered” professions are open to women including academia or in recent years, the law. In places such as Tolosa nearly a third of the lawyers are women and it is not unusual for a woman to advocate in court as profession. Recently medicine has become more routinely practiced by women, but there are still many restrictions (e.g. women may advise but not actually perform medical services during menses). Another acceptable profession is that which we would call an entertainer. While acting is frowned upon, the composition of poetry or other works (fictional and factual) and the public performance of music are marks of high prestige and have been since the life of Azalais (b.949-d.999).

High and upper middle-class women are also expected to engage in charitable or private-public works actions in a city or endow religious houses. They are expected to involve themselves directly instead of simply funding them which is seen as artifice. Lower-middle class women generally assist their husbands in whatever their trade is, but if they die routinely take over the business in their own right instead of in trust for their sons.

The major duty of women is still considered motherhood. However once the children are grown and their instruction is seen to, a woman is expected to put those talents to work in caring for the larger community in an expansion of the "mother" role. There is no prestige attached to keeping women idle, prestige comes when she is seen as having the time and money to spend improving the community in some way.

This attitude is not continent wide of course, but look at it as radiating out in a circle. The western Med. countries are generally like this, even in the Maghreb. With more OTL traditional gender roles on the frontiers and rougher lands like Ketneyar or Eastern Europe.

Does Occitan exist in this TL..
I have mentioned this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Occitan as we know it doesn't exist. There is what is known as a "Mediterranean Catalonian Dialect" in the area in the map. There area to the west speaks a similar but different version more heavily influenced by the Scandinavian/Germanic languages. The Catalonian Dialect is neither what we think of as Catalan or Occitan instead incorporating features of both but with much less French influence linguistically and far more Alt-Spanish. The distinctive hoc/oc feature is carried over in RoS in that to people from the other parts of the country, people from this region say a variant of "this" (hoc) instead of yes (si). Even when there are a slightly different way to yes like in the southern and southwestern parts of the kingdom (siz), it's not as different.

The most prominent speaker of this language in RoS is Azalais de Narbona but Guillen de Tolosa also spoke it as a child though he adopted the southern language for everyday use when he became the vizrey.

Last edited:
I don't recall that you have had a proper seige in any of the previous updates, so I look forward to seeing how this develops

I don't recall that you have had a proper seige in any of the previous updates, so I look forward to seeing how this develops
Proper siege eh? Well I suppose I haven't gone into to much detail but not after next time.

I removed the language map above because I actually have a much more detailed one that I just... added to the wiki. So here it is.

languagesmap.jpg

From top to bottom:
Lavender: Atlantic Catalonian
Bright Green: Mediterranean Catalonian
Rusty Red: Euskara
Small Gold Strip: North Asturian Romance
Blue: Porto-Galician
Aqua: Lisboan Romance
Ivory: Upper Hespanic Romance
Dark Green: South Andalusian Romance
Lower Gold: Granadine Romance (Jewish Romance)
Dark Orange: Berber (Hespanic) Romance
Purple: Senhaja

Corsica and Serdena both have Upper Hespanic Romance and pockets of their own local varieties. Other minor dialects are not shown. For instance Amina speaks UHR flavored with Porto-Galicianism but that is way too detailed for me. There, hope people are satisfied with language issues!

Last edited:
For instance Amina speaks UHR flavored with Porto-Galicianism but that is way too detailed for me.

You already went into a lot of detail as it is, which is something I really appreciate about this timeline.

You already went into a lot of detail as it is, which is something I really appreciate about this timeline.

Agreed. The detail in TTL is unmatched. But because of it you also end up with much more specific questions from people.

As for the languages I reckon that in the long run Upper Hespanic Romance, probably just known as Spañan will end up dominating in the majority of the country and become the standard. Probably even more so than OTL's Castillian over Catalan, Basque, etc.

I like the idea of the Grenedine Romance. I guess it serves as an equivalent of OTL's Yiddish.

Very interesting language map MNP. I'm glad to see catalan so widely spoken, I've found it a very interesting language ever since I went to Barcelona. You are doing a fantastic job on this timeline, and I will be sad to see it go on hiatus. Approximately how long will said hiatus be though? I am looking forward to the conclusion of this sequence, it really is epic and I love how detailed and complex your characters are!
Scipio

Hiatus begins!

STAND Pt. 2

The walls of Toledo were 47 feet high with a deep ditch before them that Garcia attempted to fill. He were slowed by arrows and use of boiling oil or water flung from the towers. Simultaneously he constructed a dozen siege machines to use against the gates. Prior to the siege Amina had reinforced these by covering them in thick metal plates and braced them with large support beams so they withstood the barrage. When this failed he instead deconstructed some of his siege engines and built a number of siege towers and ladders to storm the wall. The ladders themselves were barely tall enough and the women and older children defended them by the use of their poisoned crossbows. For those men not fully armored, a bolt could be easily removed but led to agony and painful death from poison shortly thereafter. The towers were dragged down by means of ballistae bolts attached to chains and pulled back winches.[1]

When he saw few of his men reaching the walls and those that did defeated by the garrison, Garcia retreated, setting fires around the city once more to cover mining operations. By the use of a water-device and careful largojo[2] observation the tunnels were marked and countered by a number of means including one where smoke was pumped into the tunnels by means of a bellows to suffocate and disorient the rebel miners. Simultaneously, through the use of small gates and sally ports, Amina’s troops were able to harass the rebels unexpectedly by night.

South of the Tagus, Aben’s son isolated the bridge fortresses. Efforts to seize them were repulsed, as was an attempt to cross the river by means of a bridge of boats thanks to naphtha. Naphtha was also used by the rebels as Garcia flung it over the walls so that the northern parts of the city caught fire. These fires were unable to be controlled and smoke and clouds hung over the city and the besiegers alike until most of the wooden buildings in the northern part of the city were consumed.

For the first time Amina cursed her sex. She worked furiously in the days before the city was completely cut off, sending out orders and delegating authority and resented not being able to take a hand in the defense herself. When the battle began her horizons contracted to the city and she banished the concerns of a wider world, throwing herself into sustaining the spirit of the populace and her commanders. Grand Duke Giovan commanded the military contingents while Andrés kept an account of their resources and Domenco, the unfortunate son of one of Rodrigo’s legal protégés, distributed the supplies. The religious leaders of the city did their part to strengthen the souls of the people and for the first time the call to prayer and the church bells were timed to compliment each other instead of compete. With such support was Amina’s long defense of the religious establishment repaid.

She did not wear her armor at first. She threw on a loose cloak and clean simply cut clothing to make her first visits to the wall. The sight of her white mule crossing the city became common and she also visited the people, taking time to speak with them, offering comfort or a friendly ear and eating the same food. Some days she went to the hospitals in the city and helped other women tend the wounded under the eyes of the doctors. Sometimes she held them in their last moments as they gave their lives for her. When she was near the place in the walls where Garcia’s periodic assaults came, her instinct was to ride forward and order the Royal Cavalesos of her escort into battle. The sight of the queen quietly and confidently sitting her mount and holding the lemon flower banner while her huge armored warriors waded into the fray rallied the defenders time and again.

She donned her armor as the situation slowly deteriorated. It was real, suited for battle with breastplate, mantaja and arm and leg armor of heavy splint.[3] Amina had always been a tall, sturdy woman but she lacked the time or inclination to accustom herself to the full weight of the armor with mail. Instead she wore dark blue leather and tightly woven silk underneath the plates and was girt with the Sword of India. Sometimes she raised it to rally the men and the light was broken around the sharp edge.

When Garcia sent a large force to try and capture the Misufa, Giovan seized the chance to launch a major attack through the Alcántara fortress, breaking the siege. Much of the encampment on the south side of the river was looted and many horses were slain or taken by the defenders until Aben de Gudala crossed the river at Albora and returned to the capital to restore the siege. In that battle, La Rosa was largely destroyed and the husks of the buildings stood covered in soot for the rest of the siege. In the end, the Misufa could not be taken with so few men and none could be spared from the city so they were recalled. These events not only led to an increase in the supplies of the city, they also led to a great boost in morale as winter began to turn bitter.

While Amina’s forces passed that winter safe in the city, the besiegers had to huddle in their camps or the ruined suburbs. Desperate for shelter, on December 29 a large assault was launched against the Rusafa. The garrison refused to surrender and fired the bridge leading to the city, cutting themselves off. Trapped in the fortress, they were overcome on the day of the feast of the Epiphany. Yet despite these setbacks the defenders suffered less than the besiegers thanks to the extensive water systems of the capital which they had been unable to fully reduce and disease broke out in Garcia’s camp first. What Toledo did suffer was hunger so that people so that all the horses were killed for food. Amina slaughtered her trusty mule on February 17. Andrés de Moya grew more concerned as he kept the accounts. In private he shared the dire news with the queen who calmly thanked him then went around to a number of women in the city and all of them volunteered to reduce their own rations to feed the soldiers. At the ides of March while the smell of boiling leather and rats rose over Toledo, the first rumors of cannibalism began.

Amina had never felt so isolated. From the moment she awoke until she returned to her bed, she had to remain strong and encouraging. From Giovan and Andrés to the soldiers and civilians she dared unburden herself to none, not even Ortiz. He had experienced one of those periods of growth that young men have and now boasted the height and strength of a man. He also proved he could fight like one. He now commanded a squad made of formerly well-off young men whose parents had died during the siege. She could see his face in her mind if she told him, speaking words of encouragement while hiding sorrow in his eyes over her own sadness.

Amina wept at night, alone.

At the very end of March there was a riot in Garcia’s camp. From the walls Amina could see Morabitunes and Spaniards fighting with the latter fleeing the siege. A contingent of several hundred departed to the west which cheered the defenders.

On April 14, 1136 Garcia attacked the walls in a dozen places. While his army was badly reduced, the weakness of the defenders made this attack difficult to beat off and most of Amina’s army was committed. The assault did not stop with both defenders and besiegers taking only short breaks to rest. On April 15 Amina was awoken in her own bed by shouts and screams and the clash of metal on metal. The men who left had returned. Crossing the river and moving by night, they hid in the ruins of the suburbs and turned Amina’s own methods against her. They tied ropes to ballistae and fired them across the river. Under cover of darkness they used pulleys to get themselves across the river rapidly and seized the dock house behind the palace while the main battle drew the garrison to the north. Scores of hardened troops and mercenaries rushed to exploit the breach as the palace awoke to its peril.

Amina was already arming herself when Manuel burst into her room. What he thought she never found out, but he recovered himself and helped her finish while explaining the situation. In the halls the palace was like a kicked anthill. Servants and officials ran back and forth. At the far end of a corridor she saw one of her Royal Cavalesos stride past in full armor flanked by a servant with a spear and an Almoghavar. Her saving grace was that the dock house led first to the vast gardens in the palace and from the buildings over looking these gardens arrows rained down on the invaders. The raised shields of the Morabitunes made them look like so many colored beetles.

Amina thought to watch from the balcony over the garden, but the winter had been dry and the garden had only begun to sprout and the Morabitun set fires to block the view of the archers. She turned and instead descended the stairs to the lower hall that led to the gardens. When her foot hit the bottom of the stairs the first of the Morabitunes forced open the door and charged inside to be met by a thin line of her loyalists. Instead of retreating, Amina took a step forward and shouted encouragement, raising her sword as Manuel tried to hold her back. She couldn’t be sure but it looked like the invaders in the garden had their attention diverted to the something else behind them and fewer were still advancing. They might force them back yet. She felt hope flare.

The leader saw her then, a woman in armor with a sword. He shouted to his men and they tried to reform and fight their way to where she stood relatively undefended. They were just gathering momentum to charge when Ortiz and a half dozen men appeared from the side halls. Without pausing he attacked the rebels and drove his blade into one of the Morabitunes right through his armor and at a dead run. His sword lodged in the body however, and he was forced to pull a long knife and launch himself at one of the others so they fell to the floor in a tangled struggle.

Yet even Ortiz could not stop them all. Amina had only thought to retreat when the leader reached them. He slapped aside Manuel’s sword, kicking him between the legs and ramming the pommel of his blade into Manuel’s face and throat. He advanced on her and attacked as she raised her sword, holding it with both hands. The shock of contact almost made her drop the blade, but she called on all her strength and pushed his sword back. She could never last more than mere moments against him. Behind them both, Ortiz and his opponent were limp on the marble floor. She stepped back but lost her footing and fell heavily to the ground. He kicked her sword behind him and stood over her for what seemed an eternity. Then he brought up his sword until it was only a hand or two from her face. “Surrender, queen of Spaña,” he ordered.

There was no escape, and she could do nothing but stare at his icy blue eyes as she finally gave into despair.
[2]My rename of the owl-eye, it goes before the known because it’s an appreciation adjective, it emphasizes the extremely useful nature of this device (like Gran Rif indicates the importance of the [singular] range) and makes a good portmanteau. Thanks to Dathi for the suggestion.
[3]For mantaja, see #268 footnote 1. The guards are vambraces, rerebraces sand half-greaves.

Author's Note: Sorry, I was unable to draw a diagram of the city.

Okay! I am leaving you all on a cliffhanger. We will be back in 6-8 weeks during which time I'll post random bits on the rest of the universe the first of which I promise will be a diagram of Toledo, or at least the Upper City. I'll probably post a synopsis of where we are since the last hiatus ended in 1026. The fact that we have covered only 110 years in 11 months is a going concern.

Ed: Hey, remember way back when Amina was betrothed to then-Prince Robert? Those were the days...

Last edited: