The new POTUS will be a black woman named Rice - but which one?

I had to start this thread because the current events gave me the idea:

POD: Condoleezza Rice decides to run for the Republicans and soon gets the nomination. Among the Democrats, as in OTL, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton soon make it to the top, but the race is undecided, and people fear that the party might de too divided to win. After someone states that the ideal compromise candidate would be a black woman, the Democrats find that they have indeed a fitting candidate: Susan E. Rice (not related). So she becomes the compromise candidate for the Democrats.

Who would win the 2008 election now?
Who'll be their respective VP candidates?
What will happen otherwise?

NomadicSky

Banned
I could see the Republicans nominate Condoleezza Rice but the Democrat would probably still be Barack Obama.

I'm not sure who Condoleezza would pick for VP. Mitt Romney?

Can't see how Condoleezza Rice would be a good pick. She is tied to Bush and he is not very popular at the time. Democrats win handily.

NomadicSky

Banned
I wonder who The Southerners and Blacks will vote for. Can you say 3rd Party winning states?

I'm not so sure many southern states have very large voting populations of African Americans. Mississippi seems to have whites who don't vote black voters who do. At least in this election.

I'd say the situation is parallel in Alabama.

A major political party would win in the south just an issue of which.